A good summation…

There's too little common ground. At some point you take your ball and go home.

Too little common ground? Who told you that? You actually have to talk to people to find out if you have any common ground and you’re unwilling to talk to Democrats.

Republicans are backing national ban on abortion, even though 70% of their own voters favour reproductive rights for women.

Republicans oppose gay marriage, even though 80% of Americans are in favour of gay marriage.

The vast majority of Americans are in favour of sensible gun control laws and background checks, but the Republican Party refuses to discuss this either.

It seems like the Republican Party can’t find common ground even with their own voters so maybe it’s time they started listening to the people instead of the billionaire media owners, who just want tax cuts, and a docile workforce.

There is PLENTY of common ground on the budget, healthcare, military, infrastructure, immigration

Conservatives just refuse to take it
I don't see much common ground on the most important issues.

Sadly, I don't see either side presenting workable solutions to our problems.

Last edited:
I didn't say they practiced any outright.
I said they were tolerant of communist principles and social deviance.

You need to.pay closer attention to what people actually say instead of trying to twist it the way you want it to go.
Social deviance, the US has a long history of being deviant just as all humans have. It is all about personal perspective, but people like you want a collective of likeminded people in your society only.

Too little common ground? Who told you that? You actually have to talk to people to find out if you have any common ground and you’re unwilling to talk to Democrats.
Democrats never respond to my suggestions. I'm a problem solver, therefore my input is not welcome.
Republicans are backing national ban on abortion, even though 70% of their own voters favour reproductive rights for women
We favor reproductive responsibilities. If women were more responsible abortion wouldn't be an issue.
Republicans oppose gay marriage, even though 80% of Americans are in favour of gay marriage.
Gay marriage is a done deal in America.
The vast majority of Americans are in favour of sensible gun control laws and background checks, but the Republican Party refuses to discuss this either.
We favor stricter law enforcement.
It seems like the Republican Party can’t find common ground even with their own voters so maybe it’s time they started listening to the people instead of the billionaire media owners, who just want tax cuts, and a docile workforce.
You mean listen to liberal Democrats? Dems want to accommodate rotten apples. We want them out of the barrel. Where's the 'common ground' there?

Last edited:
I don't see much common ground on the most important issues.

Sadly, I don't see either side presenting workable solutions to our problems.
Plenty of common ground to be had

It is called a Win/Win compromise
Republicans just refuse a situation where the other side gets to win also

Social deviance, the US has a long history of being deviant just as all humans have. It is all about personal perspective, but people like you want a collective of likeminded people in your society only.
Mmm, not really. I'm not one of these people who start insulting and going looney on people who don't agree with their agenda. (Wink 😉)

Plenty of common ground to be had

It is called a Win/Win compromise
Republicans just refuse a situation where the other side gets to win also
Perhaps winning for one side is losing for the nation. For example, legalizing/decriminalizing drugs would be a big loss for America, yet would be considered a victory for most Dems.

Perhaps winning for one side is losing for the nation. For example, legalizing/decriminalizing drugs would be a big loss for America, yet would be considered a victory for most Dems.

The War on Drugs has been a major failure

Decriminalizing Marijuana has been successful around the country in spite of Republican objections

Too little common ground? Who told you that? You actually have to talk to people to find out if you have any common ground and you’re unwilling to talk to Democrats
You all say what you’re told

The War on Drugs has been a major failure

Decriminalizing Marijuana has been successful around the country in spite of Republican objections
The so-called "War on Drugs" was a failure before it began.

Successful for the cartels, dealers, and users, the rest of us not so much.

Agree, it was unsuccessful in addressing our drug crisis or keeping them off the street.
Throwing drug users in jail did not help

Legalizing marijuana has not created the crisis that conservatives predicted

Agree, it was unsuccessful in addressing our drug crisis or keeping them off the street.
Throwing drug users in jail did not help

Legalizing marijuana has not created the crisis that conservatives predicted
The users are the biggest problem. They fund the drug trade.
New laws decriminalize use.
So, there you have it, another problem 'legislated' away. :(

The users are the biggest problem. They fund the drug trade.
New laws decriminalize use.
So, there you have it. :(
Exactly where you are wrong in criminalizing a victimless crime by jailing the person you call the victim.

Republicans are backing national ban on abortion, even though 70% of their own voters favour reproductive rights for women.

If there was any common ground, it would show up on these forums. ;)

Conservatives just realize that certain behaviors lead to death. We aren't killing you. You are killing you.

Conservatives are the ones who are dying not liberals.

Then, why is it that conservatives are dying of Covid while the blue states have lower rates of both disease and death?
If there was any common ground, it would show up on these forums. ;)

No it wouldn't. Half the people posting on the right are just here to "own the libs". They don't even discuss issues, and quite frankly, most of the aren't capable of discussing issues of law or economics. They're all about white grievance, trannies, and how the Democrats are "commies".

It was a complete success for Republicans. The number of federal prisoners went up 10 fold from the time Reagan took office, until Obama undertook prison and sentencing reform in 2010. The increased population in these prisons was predominantly black and brown. The War on Drugs, "Zero Tolerance", and minimum sentencing saw blacks and Hispanics locked up in disproportionately larger numbers than white kids, even though drug use among white kids was just as high as it was for minorities. White kids mostly got let off. You couldn't ruin this nice white boy's life over a little old joint, can you?

As a bonus, those convicted of federal charges were stripped of their voting rights. I notice that Republicans are fighting tooth and claw to keep convicted felons from getting their vote back once their sentences have been completed. Isn't that "special"?

And while Republicans were busy locking up every young black male or Hispanic who smoked a joint, they decried the number of minority children growing up in single parent homes. Ding, Ding, Ding, We've hit the Republican trifecta!!! Proving minorities are less moral, more criminal, and bad parents to boot.

The right is still parroting all of Reagan's lies about "urban" life. 80% of black children do have their father in their lives. The "Welfare Queen" never existed

Forum List

Back