A Georgetown University report finds that Joe Biden's free public college plan would pay off within 10 years

Drink that KoolAde. More unemployed "Art-History" majors.

Yeah but they won't be leaving school owing $50,000 and living in their parent's basement until they're 30 to pay it all off. They'll be in a position to engage in consumer spending, setting up their own homes, buying furniture, cars, contributing to job creation.

If I had graduated university owing more money than I could earn in a year, I wouldn't have gotten married, bought my first car and a house, or had a baby by the time I was 25. I wouldn't have been able to afford any of it with all that debt. Today's American college graduates can't either.
if you cant afford to go then dont go,,,dont expect others to pay your way through life,,,

Drink that KoolAde. More unemployed "Art-History" majors.

Yeah but they won't be leaving school owing $50,000 and living in their parent's basement until they're 30 to pay it all off. They'll be in a position to engage in consumer spending, setting up their own homes, buying furniture, cars, contributing to job creation.

If I had graduated university owing more money than I could earn in a year, I wouldn't have gotten married, bought my first car and a house, or had a baby by the time I was 25. I wouldn't have been able to afford any of it with all that debt. Today's American college graduates can't either.
if you cant afford to go then dont go,,,dont expect others to pay your way through life,,,
She's a Canuck. They all get their freebies up in the Great White North!

Something to think about...and I'm curious to what others think here because maybe it doesn't have to be partisan.

We have for a few centuries mandated and paid for a basic education, now defined as K-12. The idea being that is the minimum necessary to get a person ready for employment or higher ed. These days, it's long recognized that that is no longer sufficient and hasn't been for some time.

Would it not be reasonable to treat an additional TWO years - at either a trade school or community college, as part of what is necessary? We can't stay frozen for ever in one model.

Something to think about...and I'm curious to what others think here because maybe it doesn't have to be partisan.

We have for a few centuries mandated and paid for a basic education, now defined as K-12. The idea being that is the minimum necessary to get a person ready for employment or higher ed. These days, it's long recognized that that is no longer sufficient and hasn't been for some time.

Would it not be reasonable to treat an additional TWO years - at either a trade school or community college, as part of what is necessary? We can't stay frozen for ever in one model.
after those centuries the federal education system is nothing but a failure,,,
its time to get it back to locals and let each community decide what they need,,,

OH a sidenote we had trade schools in the 12 yr program but after the feds increased their involvement with the dept of ed they did away with all of it,,

thats just another example of government always fucks things up and then give stupid solutions like yours to solve what they fucked up in the first place,,,

its time to get it back to locals and let each community decide what they need,,,

OH a sidenote we had trade schools in the 12 yr program but after the feds increased their involvement with the dept of ed they did away with all of it,,

thats just another example of government always fucks things up and then give stupid solutions like yours to solve what they fucked up in the first place,,,

Perhaps it's time to reconsider eh?

Perhaps it's time to reconsider eh?
reconsider what???

better to eliminate the dept of ed and return education to the local communities,,

Forum List

Back