Facing the prospect that President Trump could lose his re-election bid, his cabinet is scrambling to enact regulatory changes affecting millions

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Well...looks like there's a certain sense of..shall we call it urgency....infecting the White House:

Facing the prospect that President Trump could lose his re-election bid, his cabinet is scrambling to enact regulatory changes affecting millions of Americans in a blitz so rushed it may leave some changes vulnerable to court challenges.
The effort is evident in a broad range of federal agencies and encompasses proposals like easing limits on how many hours some truckers can spend behind the wheel, giving the government more freedom to collect biometric data and setting federal standards for when workers can be classified as independent contractors rather than employees.
In the bid to lock in new rules before Jan. 20, Mr. Trump’s team is limiting or sidestepping requirements for public comment on some of the changes and swatting aside critics who say the administration has failed to carry out sufficiently rigorous analysis.
Some cases, like a new rule to allow railroads to move highly flammable liquefied natural gas on freight trains, have led to warnings of public safety threats.
Every administration pushes to complete as much of its agenda as possible when a president’s term is coming to an end, seeking not just to secure its own legacy but also to tie the hands of any successor who tries to undo its work.
But as Mr. Trump completes four years marked by an extensive deregulatory push, the administration’s accelerated effort to put a further stamp on federal rules is drawing questions even from some former top officials who served under Republican presidents.

“Two main hallmarks of a good regulation is sound analysis to support the alternatives chosen and extensive public comment to get broader opinion,” said Susan E. Dudley, who served as the top White House regulatory official during the George W. Bush administration. “It is a concern if you are bypassing both of those.”

Few of the planned shifts have drawn more scrutiny and criticism than a Labor Department proposal to set federal standards for defining when a worker is an independent contractor or an employee, a step that could affect millions of workers

Why are you people so damned scared ????

Easy now...I side with Conservatives, I vote with Conservatives BUT they are the most nutless, spinless, big mouth pieces of shit that ever were. Come on man...they didn’t have the balls to keep heterosexual white Christians cool in a nation founded, built, run and funded by heterosexual white Christians. The Left has owned their sackless asses for decades....Sad but true.

That, actually, would be my question for you!

1602948418641.png

Easy now...I side with Conservatives, I vote with Conservatives BUT they are the most nutless, spinless, big mouth pieces of shit that ever were. Come on man...they didn’t have the balls to keep heterosexual white Christians cool in a nation founded, built, run and funded by heterosexual white Christians. The Left has owned their sackless asses for decades....Sad but true.
every one who isnt far left should be scared.....if kamala takes over at some point ,we are all in trouble....

Nothing new under the sun....Regulators have been ruling by fiat for decades.

Why is this suddenly a problem for you now?
Oh..that's just same as it ever was--my focus is more on what it says..about the Cabinet, and Trump's, baseline confidence--I think they see themselves as losing..and thus are operating on that assumption.

As for the changes..nothing can be done..that cannot be undone..ask Obama.

Oh..that's just same as it ever was--my focus is more on what it says..about the Cabinet, and Trump's, baseline confidence--I think they see themselves as losing..and thus are operating on that assumption.

Why would it say anything about Trump more so than it does the permanent political class?

You do realize that that his cabinet is stocked to the gills with lifer bureaucrats and other assorted wannabe autocrats, right?

WTF? Are lefties really concerned about how many hours truckers can drive while people are out of work and kids are getting dumber sitting in front of video games instead of going to school. Biden promises to release illegal aliens but lock up your ass for not wearing a mask and lefties are worried about truckers. Go figure.

Why would it say anything about Trump more so than it does the permanent political class?

You do realize that that his cabinet is stocked to the gills with lifer bureaucrats and other assorted wannabe autocrats, right?
Well, if so, they were HIS picks, right? They are directing his policy. The permanent underclass,as you term them, bends to whatever political winds are blowing. these same people will roll all that back..just as quickly--if their jobs are threatened.

WTF? Are lefties really concerned about how many hours truckers can drive while people are out of work and kids are getting dumber sitting in front of video games instead of going to school. Biden promises to release illegal aliens but lock up your ass for not wearing a mask and lefties are worried about truckers. Go figure.
Perhaps you might read the article?
A lot of people are concerned..not just 'lefties'. This article is all about Trump and his rats trying to do as much as they can before they're out on their asses.

" every one who isnt far left should be scared.....if kamala takes over at some point ,we are all in trouble.... "

Whatever Executive Actions one administration can do can be changed or undone by the next, so isn't all this scrambling pretty much a waste of time if Trump loses? Maybe the courts block some or throw them out as unconstitutional, while others are changed. Which frankly is the way it should be.

Well, if so, they were HIS picks, right? They are directing his policy. The permanent underclass,as you term them, bends to whatever political winds are blowing. these same people will roll all that back..just as quickly--if their jobs are threatened.
Though he picks the Secretaries, all the underlings are careerists.....And even most of the Secretaries are lifer stooges.

Even though I do detest this bureaucratic ruling by fiat, it's not anything that hasn't been going on for decades, under the rule of both parties.

*shrug*

Well...looks like there's a certain sense of..shall we call it urgency....infecting the White House:

Facing the prospect that President Trump could lose his re-election bid, his cabinet is scrambling to enact regulatory changes affecting millions of Americans in a blitz so rushed it may leave some changes vulnerable to court challenges.
The effort is evident in a broad range of federal agencies and encompasses proposals like easing limits on how many hours some truckers can spend behind the wheel, giving the government more freedom to collect biometric data and setting federal standards for when workers can be classified as independent contractors rather than employees.
In the bid to lock in new rules before Jan. 20, Mr. Trump’s team is limiting or sidestepping requirements for public comment on some of the changes and swatting aside critics who say the administration has failed to carry out sufficiently rigorous analysis.
Some cases, like a new rule to allow railroads to move highly flammable liquefied natural gas on freight trains, have led to warnings of public safety threats.
Every administration pushes to complete as much of its agenda as possible when a president’s term is coming to an end, seeking not just to secure its own legacy but also to tie the hands of any successor who tries to undo its work.
But as Mr. Trump completes four years marked by an extensive deregulatory push, the administration’s accelerated effort to put a further stamp on federal rules is drawing questions even from some former top officials who served under Republican presidents.

“Two main hallmarks of a good regulation is sound analysis to support the alternatives chosen and extensive public comment to get broader opinion,” said Susan E. Dudley, who served as the top White House regulatory official during the George W. Bush administration. “It is a concern if you are bypassing both of those.”

Few of the planned shifts have drawn more scrutiny and criticism than a Labor Department proposal to set federal standards for defining when a worker is an independent contractor or an employee, a step that could affect millions of workers
Can you say Amy Coney-Barrett?

Perhaps you might read the article?
A lot of people are concerned..not just 'lefties'. This article is all about Trump and his rats trying to do as much as they can before they're out on their asses.

Were you asleep for the entire Obozo regime or maybe you just never left the circle jerk.

Who do you think chose his cabinet?

I prefer sleepy truck drivers stop instead of running over me.

/------/ How stupid. Anything undone by Trump would be reenactment by Dementia Joe. But don't worry, Trump is gonna win bigly.

Forum List

Back