A former neighbor of Joe Biden's accuser Tara Reade has come forward to corroborate her sexual-assault account

I wish the Dems were consistent and calling them out for their hypocrisy is fair game.

However, it sickens me that women are allowed to hide until the person they are accusing is most vulnerable and then come forward. If you wait 20 plus years, too bad! If you didn't want to bring it up due to respect for him then, tough shit! You just live with it. You made the choice at the time it occured. Since you didn't, it sucks to be you and you can take it to the grave! You blew it when you had the chance.
And to wait until any statute of limitations has expired simply makes it a political hit job.

..."I remember her saying, here was this person that she was working for, and she idolized him," LaCasse said. "And he kind of put her up against a wall. And he put his hand up her skirt, and he put his fingers inside her. She felt like she was assaulted, and she really didn't feel there was anything she could do."

....Sanchez said she didn't remember whether Reade mentioned Biden by name or even went into detail about the alleged assault, but she does remember "reassuring her that nothing like that would ever happen to her here in our office, that she was in a safe place, free from any sexual harassment."

...Earlier this month, Reade filed an incident report with the District police that said she “disclosed that she was the victim of a sexual assault which was committed by Subject-2 in 1993."

Why didn’t she name her assailant in the police report?
Does she have to? IOW, somewhere it is defined who subject-2 is. You may not have access to that information.

Election Day, Americans will be asked to choose between two candidates, both of whom face credible allegations of sexual assault. Nobody is more upset about this than Tara Reade: “I tried so hard to be heard when there were 20 Democrats running,” she told me. Juanita Broaddrick, who accused Bill Clinton of rape, became a Trump supporter when he cynically and opportunistically let her tell the story. But, Tara says, “I will never ever support Trump. I am never voting Republican.” Instead, Tara will not participate in an election “between the man who assaulted me and a man who has committed similar assaults on other women.”

Reminds me of Ford not coming forward til Kavanaugh was picked for SCOTUS.

Did you feel the same way then?

Funny. Apples and oranges. Kavanaugh was relatively an unknown nobody before Trump nominated him for SCOTUS.

Ford had 40 years to call him out, waited til his name was in the paper.

" Apples and oranges"

Fruit salad

You're beating a dead horse. I made my point.
If your point was to prove you are an idiot, yes you did.

I care little about what someone did 30-50 years ago and/or when they were barely 20. It does not reflect on what they are now
But having seen the full bore savagery on Kavanaugh I am perplexed about how Biden is skating.

Election Day, Americans will be asked to choose between two candidates, both of whom face credible allegations of sexual assault. Nobody is more upset about this than Tara Reade: “I tried so hard to be heard when there were 20 Democrats running,” she told me. Juanita Broaddrick, who accused Bill Clinton of rape, became a Trump supporter when he cynically and opportunistically let her tell the story. But, Tara says, “I will never ever support Trump. I am never voting Republican.” Instead, Tara will not participate in an election “between the man who assaulted me and a man who has committed similar assaults on other women.”
And this sets the stage for such accusations to appear in every electoral cycle, especially as the election draws nearer.

I wish the Dems were consistent and calling them out for their hypocrisy is fair game.

However, it sickens me that women are allowed to hide until the person they are accusing is most vulnerable and then come forward. If you wait 20 plus years, too bad! If you didn't want to bring it up due to respect for him then, tough shit! You just live with it. You made the choice at the time it occured. Since you didn't, it sucks to be you and you can take it to the grave! You blew it when you had the chance.
And to wait until any statute of limitations has expired simply makes it a political hit job.

I think the longer you wait (and the politically convenient timing of allegations) can strain credibility. But I also know women used to be slut shamed for reporting it, and had their reputations shredded in courts. That would be a good reason for not reporting long ago incidents.

I care little about what someone did 30-50 years ago and/or when they were barely 20. It does not reflect on what they are now
But having seen the full bore savagery of Kavanaugh I am perplexed about how Biden is skating.
Biden isn’t facing the senate for confirmation.

Reminds me of Ford not coming forward til Kavanaugh was picked for SCOTUS.

Did you feel the same way then?

Funny. Apples and oranges. Kavanaugh was relatively an unknown nobody before Trump nominated him for SCOTUS.
Kavanaugh had a judicial career before the SCOTUS. If she really felt his career should be destroyed, she had ample opportunity to attempt it. Perhaps she was just lacking rich, powerful democrat backers up until then.

And this sets the stage for such accusations to appear in every electoral cycle, especially as the election draws nearer.
The stage was set earlier I think but #metoo has given it fuel.

I think the longer you wait (and the politically convenient timing of allegations) can strain credibility. But I also know women used to be slut shamed for reporting it, and had their reputations shredded in courts. That would be a good reason for not reporting long ago incidents.
Tis a difficult issue, for sure, but even a single unproven allegation can ruin a man's life and career, especially if enough people hate him and are determined to believe it. If a woman doesn't want to deal with it and keeps silent, that's her decision, but if the man is truly a sexual predator, she's not doing his future victims any favors by doing so.

The stage was set earlier I think but #metoo has given it fuel.
We will know we have achieved sexual equality when the first female candidate is accused of sexual assault, whether against a male or a female.

But will Dimocrats be consistent ?
Will The Women's March get out in the streets ?
Will the #MeToo'ers start tweeting ?

A former neighbor of Joe Biden's accuser Tara Reade has come forward to corroborate her sexual-assault account, saying Reade discussed the allegations in detail in the mid-1990s

• Tara Reade, a former staffer in Joe Biden's Senate office, has accused the Democratic presidential nominee of sexually assaulting her in a congressional hallway in 1993.
  • Now Reade's former neighbor Lynda LaCasse, a Biden supporter, tells Insider that Reade told her about the alleged assault in detail in 1995 or 1996: "This happened, and I know it did because I remember talking about it."
  • A former colleague of Reade's also told Insider that Reade talked in the mid-1990s of being sexually harassed by her former boss in Washington, DC.
  • The women have come forward just days after video emerged of a woman that Reade says is her mother calling into CNN's Larry King Live in 1993 to talk about her daughter's "problems" with a prominent senator.
  • Biden has not addressed the accusations, but a campaign spokesperson says they are false.
  • Insider is making this exclusive story available for free to non-subscribers. To read our full interview with LaCasse about Reade's allegations — and to support our journalism — please click here and subscribe.
200 random alleged witnesses 27 years later is not going to cut it. Dislike for being a nothingburger.

94385987_3214333731933544_6854890417142366208_n.png

Tis a difficult issue, for sure, but even a single unproven allegation can ruin a man's life and career, especially if enough people hate him and are determined to believe it. If a woman doesn't want to deal with it and keeps silent, that's her decision, but if the man is truly a sexual predator, she's not doing his future victims any favors by doing so.

I agree.

With the FACT the RWI's were and still are in total denial of trumps and Kavanaughs raping women,

I can easily say, I don't Care, just like you didn't care.

The fact that there is more evidence against Biden vs. Trump and Kavanaugh combined makes it convenient for you NOT to care.

With the FACT the RWI's were and still are in total denial of trumps and Kavanaughs raping women,

The fact that there is more evidence against Biden vs. Trump and Kavanaugh combined makes it convenient for you NOT to care.

The fact is...that isn’t a fact.

The fact is...that isn’t a fact.
Show us where Trump’s and Kavanaugh’s accusers have times, dates, and corroborators compared to Biden’s accuser?

Forum List

Back