A Disturbing Thing Indeed (SS Disability)

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I had the unhappy experience of having to go to the local Social Security office in Pittsburgh yesterday, without an appointment. Lost my card, and needed a replacement.

Among the hundred or so people who waited with me in the corral, the Caucasians were uniformly retirement age. The "blacks" and "Hispanics" - who made up about 90% of the total, averaged mid-20's.

I fear there is a disturbing trend here - one that is ignored by the MSM, possibly because it's not "news."

We have masses of people, mainly "minorities," who are learning how to game the SS disability system, in order to live a life of ease, at the expense of the American taxpayers.

I read a few months ago, that children in Puerto Rico were being given SSI because of their "disability" of not speaking English(!).

I wonder how extensive this problem is. I admit I have not done the detailed research that would be required to reach a supported conclusion, but everything I see points in the wrong direction.

Would our Government even publish this information? The bureaucrats don't mind - it provides work for them to do, and ultimately adds to the Government employment rolls.

I had the unhappy experience of having to go to the local Social Security office in Pittsburgh yesterday, without an appointment. Lost my card, and needed a replacement.

Among the hundred or so people who waited with me in the corral, the Caucasians were uniformly retirement age. The "blacks" and "Hispanics" - who made up about 90% of the total, averaged mid-20's.

I fear there is a disturbing trend here - one that is ignored by the MSM, possibly because it's not "news."

We have masses of people, mainly "minorities," who are learning how to game the SS disability system, in order to live a life of ease, at the expense of the American taxpayers.

I read a few months ago, that children in Puerto Rico were being given SSI because of their "disability" of not speaking English(!).

I wonder how extensive this problem is. I admit I have not done the detailed research that would be required to reach a supported conclusion, but everything I see points in the wrong direction.

Would our Government even publish this information? The bureaucrats don't mind - it provides work for them to do, and ultimately adds to the Government employment rolls.
http://www.urban.org/sites/default/...stributed-to-Whites-from-People-of-Color-.PDF

Benefits Are Refused More Often To Disabled Blacks, Study Finds
The study did find that blacks as a group were receiving more benefits than whites from the Disability Insurance and Supplemental Security Income programs. It attributes this to blacks' higher rate of work-related disabilities, lower incomes and greater number of claims. While the study did not explain that situation, other experts have pointed out that blacks tend to have jobs that are more labor intensive.

White people TWICE as likely as ethnic minorities to say they are disabled
  • One in five of white people surveyed said they had a long-term illness
  • But just one in 10 people from ethnic minority backgrounds said the same
  • Charities believe ethnic minorities are less likely to report their disabilities
  • People from ethnic minorities are also less likely to receive benefits

Read more: White people TWICE as likely as ethnic minorities to say they are disabled | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I had to go on disability and it is not a life of luxury, it is a life of living by a thread..Waiting for operations and trying to find some type of job I can do to get off disability...Yet it is a godsend compared to having nothing.....I thank myself for paying into the system for 40 years and the govt. allowing me to draw on it..But there is abuse..What system exist without abuse?

Forum List

Back