A Critical Review Of "The God Delusion"

Viktor

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2013
Southern California
Terry Eagleton · Lunging, Flailing, Mispunching: Richard Dawkins · LRB 19 October 2006

From The London Review Of Books. This author demonstrates how Richard Dawkins distorts religion in his book "The God Delusion."

I myself started reading that piece of propaganda. I got so frustrated with Dawkins distortions that I lost patience with it.

I was unable to determine whether Dawkins bad information is due to his ignorance of the subject or outright lying. He openly admits that his objective is to convert religious people into atheists. He will only succeed with people who are ignorant of religion to begin with and those who don't take the trouble to research his claims. Anyone who does research on the internet(I did some) will realize that Dawkins is a propagandist, not a journalist.

Well, I havent read it but was sort of interested back then when this book was all the rage. Ultimately I passed on it. I dont see much references to him from reputable science institutions like the attention Carl Sagan received. He is definitely successful and has a niche but I couldnt say how authentic and acceptable his argument is, skeptics rarely mention him.

If you went on the attention he gets and where it comes from youd be inclined to put him nearer the entertainer crowd than the scholarly skeptic crowd.

If I wanted to read some counter culture Id much rather get a Daniken book but I wouldnt stake my life on it or get into it too seriously.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back