63% say guns make their homes safer...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Zebra_zps4c3a201f.png

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

As it turns out, a strong majority of Americans agree with this statement -- at least when it comes to their own homes. And while most social movements are slow-changing, Americans have moved toward embracing guns in the home rather rapidly.

Gallup has long asked Americans whether they thought having a gun in their home would make their home "safer" or "more dangerous." In 2000, 35 percent of Americans thought it would make them safer. Today, that number is at 63 percent.

Why the NRA is so powerful in 1 chart - The Washington Post

Join the NRA, protect your rights...NRA.ORG

Zebra_zps4c3a201f.png

As it turns out, a strong majority of Americans agree with this statement -- at least when it comes to their own homes. And while most social movements are slow-changing, Americans have moved toward embracing guns in the home rather rapidly.

Gallup has long asked Americans whether they thought having a gun in their home would make their home "safer" or "more dangerous." In 2000, 35 percent of Americans thought it would make them safer. Today, that number is at 63 percent.

Ever notice the celebrity anti-gunners who happen to have armed bodyguards and live in gated communities with armed checkpoint for entry and exit?

Come retirement If I end up in a rural area as planned...
First thing I'm doing is getting a locksmith to secure the place.
Second I'm getting some kind of firearm.
Third,probably getting a dog...Nice early warning system..

Just in case some wacko stops by..

So does booby trapping, but for some reason is illegal...
You have to make them look like accidents; old boards with nails, trip wires that just trip people, not mines, etc.

I find what helps a lot, in regard to people fucking with my stuff, is to be seen on the porch with my AR or M1-A, four, five times a week,
and let off a "mad minute" every four to six weeks.

Zebra_zps4c3a201f.png

Being a good neighbor makes you safer than being a dick with a gun. :)

Come retirement If I end up in a rural area as planned...
First thing I'm doing is getting a locksmith to secure the place.
Second I'm getting some kind of firearm.
Third,probably getting a dog...Nice early warning system..

Just in case some wacko stops by..
Locks lock doors.

Die hard home invaders crash through windows.

If you are not familiar with firearms, get a shotgun, low brass shotshells, practice, and work up to high brass buckshot.

When you are proficient with that, move on to a good assault weapon and handguns.

Zebra_zps4c3a201f.png

If you have crazy outlaw neighbors, be sure to let them know you are crazier and farther outside the law than they are.

Zebra_zps4c3a201f.png

The last 4 words of your post are very revealing..in a couple of ways.

Zebra_zps4c3a201f.png

Ever notice the celebrity anti-gunners who happen to have armed bodyguards and live in gated communities with armed checkpoint for entry and exit?

and then let's examine politicians and their families.

Zebra_zps4c3a201f.png

"Good fences(and superior firepower) make good neighbors."

It is not your neighbors that are going to come commit home invasion.

I can live with somebody stealing some of my stuff when I am gone; I can't live with some demented crackheads beating me to death trying to get me to give them something I don't even have, like a big cash stash.

Zebra_zps4c3a201f.png

When I was on the job in Texas I was armed on-duty and at home. Didn't make me think I was safer though. Just made me think of the weapon every time something went bump in the night instead of "just a bump in the night." When you have a weapon handy it occupies every hypothetical that arrises instead of simply shrugging it off. That's no way to live.

Zebra_zps4c3a201f.png

"Good fences(and superior firepower) make good neighbors."

It is not your neighbors that are going to come commit home invasion.

I can live with somebody stealing some of my stuff when I am gone; I can't live with some demented crackheads beating me to death trying to get me to give them something I don't even have, like a big cash stash.

If you fear crackheads and such don't live near em. Lived here 14 years and Springfield isn't some small town where you know everyone. Have never felt any threat to my person here.Doesn't eman there wasn't any, but certainly people who radiate confidence, making eye contact with people you're passing and near sends a 'don't mess with' signal to would-be troublemakers. Not just learning how to kick and punch in self-defense classes ya know. How to recognize and avoid such problems in the first place is lesson 1.

Zebra_zps4c3a201f.png

When I was on the job in Texas I was armed on-duty and at home. Didn't make me think I was safer though. Just made me think of the weapon every time something went bump in the night instead of "just a bump in the night." When you have a weapon handy it occupies every hypothetical that arrises instead of simply shrugging it off. That's no way to live.

So, you don't own a gun now?

Zebra_zps4c3a201f.png

I would rather be a live dick with a gun then a dead one without.

Zebra_zps4c3a201f.png

You make a lot of generalizations about how people ought to live, and what their mindsets should be regarding potential for violence in their own personal situations.

You should stick to your humorous perv posts.

Zebra_zps4c3a201f.png

So, you don't own a gun now?

Nope, not for some time now.

Forum List

Back