CDZ 50 years since Loving v Virginia

Yes....democrats have been and still are racists in this country..... why Black Americans vote for a political party that treated them so horribly is still a mystery...

Loving v. Virginia - Wikipedia

Anti-miscegenation laws in the United States had been in place in certain states since colonial days. Marriage to a slave was never legal.[citation needed] In the Reconstruction Era in 1865, the Black Codes across the seven states of the lower South made intermarriage illegal.

The new Republican legislatures in six states repealed the restrictive laws.

After the Democrats returned to power, the restriction was reimposed.
Blacks have been voting Democratic since FDR

About the time they realized what assholes Republicans are

Yes....the Republicans who ended democrats owning blacks as slaves and who helped keep the democrat kkk from terrorizing the newly freed blacks.......
I know.......what happened to Republicans?
They used to care about what happened in black communities. Now, they only want them in prison

No.....the democrats keep letting out violent criminals back into Black, democrat communities to keep them under control.....
Republicans won’t provide jobs in black communities
But they have no problem building more prisons

And a decent education cheaper than the cost of incarceration. We have our priorities all wrong.

Its quite sobering for me to realise that this happened in my lifetime and not in victorian times. We tend to look at South Africa as an example of Apartheid but parts of the US needed to be dragged into civilisation.

It took Alabama till 2000 to remove the laws from its statutes.

And now its such a normal event people scratch their heads and wonder what all the fuss was about.

Did the world fall apart ?

No.

I wonder if,in 50 years time, our kids will look back at the gay marriage struggle and wonder what we were thinking. Will our generation be judged as backward bigots because of the actions of the few ?

I hope that we arent all judged harshly.

Yes....democrats have been and still are racists in this country..... why Black Americans vote for a political party that treated them so horribly is still a mystery...

Anti-miscegenation laws in the United States had been in place in certain states since colonial days. Marriage to a slave was never legal.[citation needed] In the Reconstruction Era in 1865, the Black Codes across the seven states of the lower South made intermarriage illegal.

If only anyone knew some black people and could ask why they vote democrat......

Its quite sobering for me to realise that this happened in my lifetime and not in victorian times. We tend to look at South Africa as an example of Apartheid but parts of the US needed to be dragged into civilisation.

And now its such a normal event people scratch their heads and wonder what all the fuss was about.

No.

I wonder if,in 50 years time, our kids will look back at the gay marriage struggle and wonder what we were thinking. Will our generation be judged as backward bigots because of the actions of the few ?

If only anyone knew some black people and could ask why they vote democrat......
I actually know some black people and I asked that exact question.

It seems black Americans don’t take kindly to Republicans violating their right to vote; Democrats defend that right against conservative attack, hence blacks voting Democratic.

No.

This weird thing happened to the democratic party between 1932 and 1968, it came apart. The 1968 election was really interesting and a totally scary part of our history.

Sadly enough the last 3rd party candidate to win any states was an ex democratic racist (not that southern republicans didn't vote against the civil rights act also).

To over simplify, by 1972 the D's had a seemingly pro-hippie candidate on the national level (remember Mr and Mrs Keaton were democrats). The R's inherited all these hard line older folks who were anti hippie and what not.

No.

This weird thing happened to the democratic party between 1932 and 1968, it came apart. The 1968 election was really interesting and a totally scary part of our history.

Sadly enough the last 3rd party candidate to win any states was an ex democratic racist (not that southern republicans didn't vote against the civil rights act also).

To over simplify, by 1972 the D's had a seemingly pro-hippie candidate on the national level (remember Mr and Mrs Keaton were democrats). The R's inherited all these hard line older folks who were anti hippie and what not.

History repeating itself

No.

I actually know some black people and I asked that exact question.

It seems black Americans don’t take kindly to Republicans violating their right to vote; Democrats defend that right against conservative attack, hence blacks voting Democratic.
Blacks refuse to vote for Republicans because Republicans are such assholes

All a black person needs to do is read the comments from conservatives on this board

No.

Actually, it's quite simple. When Lincoln freed the slaves, the black people thought that Republicans were the political party for them. Then, various southern governors started to pass Jim Crowe laws and made it harder and harder for them to vote.

Then, 1963 came around, and Johnson wanted to win his election, so he worked closely with civil rights leaders to bring about the civil rights movement. Then, he also made it fair for them to vote, so the black community decided to switch over to Democrat, because they are the ones that gave them the right to vote.

Since then? Republicans have done nothing to get back the black vote.

Look up the Civil Rights movement sometime. That is why they vote Dem.

Are you talking about fictional Democrats from a TV show?

It's probably true to some extent, but not that extreme and the Democrats were still very much a suit and tie party.

I remember in the 80s when the Republicans wanted to be "tough on crime" and local Democrats often tried to outdo them by claiming to be "tough on crime" as well.

And then you had Bill Clinton, who did not go for a full invasion like Bush Sr., still he constantly bombed Iraq.

Then Obama, who did not close down Gitmo, supported Monsanto and did not free Black Panther, MOVE or AIM political prisoners. Hardly an anti-establishment figure.

Then you have Trump, who just makes outrageous statements and supports things Republicans didn't before (for example Russia). He is very much a rich establishment figure, although not part of the earlier political establishment.

However, what I'm getting at is that now the Republican and Democratic parties are much farther apart than even several years ago.

The Civil Rights Acts passed under Johnson only applied to a few southern states. It wasn't until they came up for their 'sunset' review under Nixon's first term that the Acts were expanded to apply nationwide. By then, the northern states had desegregated their public school systems, and the sussing programs started, complete with major riots among all those 'enlightened and better educated' Yankees for the next decades or so. The reason we know they're 'enlightened and better educated' because they're always telling us they are. Apparently no Yankees ever went to Brooklyn, Queens, or Boston , or Philly, etc., etc., etc., ... in any case, the other 18 'enlightened and educated' states outside the South that had literacy tests for voters, states like ? New York and California, were forced to stop that, and as a result many blacks were finally allowed to vote in those 18 states, where their voting percentages were lower than the South's. Many Harlem citizens finally got to vote in elections in the 1970's.

It was also Nixon who changed the Affirmative Action mandates into quota systems, stopping black progress dead, as the laws no longer required Federal programs to actually improve education or for blacks to meet job performance standards and setting off racist resentments that had been on the wane since 1965. they kept the AA name to keep outsiders stupid. The 'War On Drugs' was a Nixon program lobbied for by Charles Rangel and the Black Caucus, to fight the massive heroin epidemic raging in ghettos at the time. Now, like fag rights 'activists' and one of their beloved founding ILGA member groups NAMBLA, they claim they had nothing to do with it.

We see far more race riots in 'blue' states and 'enlightened and educated' states outside the South, in places like New York City, where they riot over Korean convenience stores, blacks don't really like 'diversity', you know, and the ever annoying JEWS WITH AMBULANCES; who knows why they riot over that, but they do. Oh, and riots over some drunk piece of shit driving 100 mph through residential neighborhoods for hours and then getting a couple of pulled punches after the scum runs out of gas; those are big out on the West Coast.

No.

Jewish advancement of White Genocide...now all we see on TV commercials is mixed couples and in movies etc...its disgusting and decent sane folks from BOTH sides have to still fight the good fight and stop this disgusting filth. I already disowned 1 member of my family bc of her disgusting choices I won't hesitate to do it again.

No.

Thanks for bringing it up.

Does anyone argue that the court was not correct in this case?

I am curious.

Damn right they were not correct! Its a states issue and this country should have stayed true to the route our founders put it on! Not legalizing beastiality which is what White's marrying nonwhites is....bible calls nonwhites beasts of the field. A priest in the bible speared a race mixing couple as well!

Equality of Races and Race-Mixing is a Genocide of the White Race – Death of communism

“It is in the Jewish interest, it is in humanity’s interest that whites experience a genocide. Until white children are burned alive, white women raped, mutilated, murdered and all white men who have not been slaughtered watch powerlessly as their people are terrorized; only then will mankind be on a more equal footing, ready to discuss white privilege and the apparent chip on the shoulder that minorities have.”
– Rabbi Ishmael Levitts

“We will openly reveal our identity with the races of Asia or Africa. I can state with assurance that the last generation of white children is now being born. Our control commission will, in the interests of peace and wiping out inter-racial tensions, forbid the Whites to mate with Whites. The white women must co-habit with members of the dark races, the White man with black women. Thus the White race will disappear, for mixing the dark with the white means the end of the White Man, and our most dangerous enemy will become only a memory. We shall embark upon an era of ten thousand years of peace and plenty, the Pax Judiaca, and OUR RACE will rule undisputed over the world. Our superior intelligence will enable us to retain mastery over a world of dark peoples.”
— Rabbi Rabbinovich speaking to an assembly in Budapest, Hungary on the 12th January 1952

“One of the more common meme that I’ve seen white supremacists spread around recently has been “diversity is a code word for the white genocide”. The concept here is that diversity is only promoted in white nations and that the end goal is to eliminate white people altogether by flooding all white countries with non-white people until there are no white people left. Well, guess what, white supremacists? This is exactly right. Diversity IS about getting rid of white people and that’s a good thing”.
– Emily Goldstein, Jewish professor

“We must realize that our party’s most powerful weapon is racial tensions. By propounding into the consciousness of the dark races that for centuries they have been oppressed by whites, we can mold them to the program of the Communist Party. In America we will aim for subtle victory. While inflaming the Negro minority against the whites, we will endeavor to instill in the whites a guilt complex for their exploitation of the Negros. We will aid the Negroes to rise in prominence in every walk of life, in the professions and in the world of sports and entertainment. With this prestige, the Negro will be able to intermarry with the whites and begin a process which will deliver America to our cause.”
– Israel Cohen [Jew], A Racial Program for he Twentieth Century, 1912. Also in the Congressional Record, Vol. 103, p. 8559, June 7, 1957

Forum List

Back