CDZ 50 years since Loving v Virginia

I hope that we arent all judged harshly.

You will be ...

image32.jpg

You know, I kinda look at this the way Jesus did. He said to all of us, "love God above all else, and love one another like you love God".

Neither gender nor race was specified. Just told to love each other.

He was 33, lived at home, and never married .... so...

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I think there are still states that would vote against interracial marriage

Interracial marriage is still between a man and a woman.

Since we have embraced perversion, in 50 years we might be facing adult child marriage, adult animal marriage or the far more likely human machine marriage.

Its quite sobering for me to realise that this happened in my lifetime and not in victorian times. We tend to look at South Africa as an example of Apartheid but parts of the US needed to be dragged into civilisation.

It took Alabama till 2000 to remove the laws from its statutes.

And now its such a normal event people scratch their heads and wonder what all the fuss was about.

Did the world fall apart ?

No.

I wonder if,in 50 years time, our kids will look back at the gay marriage struggle and wonder what we were thinking. Will our generation be judged as backward bigots because of the actions of the few ?

Thanks for bringing it up.

Does anyone argue that the court was not correct in this case?

I am curious.

Its quite sobering for me to realise that this happened in my lifetime and not in victorian times. We tend to look at South Africa as an example of Apartheid but parts of the US needed to be dragged into civilisation.

And now its such a normal event people scratch their heads and wonder what all the fuss was about.

No.

I wonder if,in 50 years time, our kids will look back at the gay marriage struggle and wonder what we were thinking. Will our generation be judged as backward bigots because of the actions of the few ?

Your comments in the past tense may be premature.

There is a bigot and racist in the WH just one Supreme Court appointment away from overturning more than 100 years of 14th Amendment jurisprudence.

Should that happen – and it likely will – the states will once again be allowed to enact or enforce laws and measures prohibiting same-sex couples from marrying, that force women to give birth against their will, and even allow the states to prohibit interracial marriage.

That wouldn’t be the case in all the states, of course, but a significant number would do exactly that, such as Alabama.

Race based hiring and promotions discriminates against millions of more people.
It's an obvious 14th Amendment violation.

Where exactly is this race based hiring happening?

No.

Your comments in the past tense may be premature.

There is a bigot and racist in the WH just one Supreme Court appointment away from overturning more than 100 years of 14th Amendment jurisprudence.

Should that happen – and it likely will – the states will once again be allowed to enact or enforce laws and measures prohibiting same-sex couples from marrying, that force women to give birth against their will, and even allow the states to prohibit interracial marriage.

That wouldn’t be the case in all the states, of course, but a significant number would do exactly that, such as Alabama.

Actually Obama was the racist bigot in the White House. He hosted the Muslim Brotherhood in the WH who have sworn to commit genocide against Israel. He hosted the La Raza in the WH who's founder says that Anglos should be murdered. He volunteered to work for Louis Farakahn. He went to Rev. Wright's racist church for 20 years. His "Iran Deal" is helping the genocidal maniac Iranians reach their dark side of humanity goals.

I find it odd still to see the posters who clearly believe that the only racism that still exists is how horribly us whites are being treated.

Since we have embraced perversion, in 50 years we might be facing adult child marriage, adult animal marriage or the far more likely human machine marriage.

So you see a clear line from Loving v. Virginia to adult animal marriage.

Not surprised at all.

Oh....Noooooooo
Slippery slope

ZygliA20130424A_low.jpg

That brings up an interesting question. Would marriage to a robot that doesn't have AI be considered "slavery", because the machine can't think for itself?

And, in the case of being able to marry something with AI, the question would be how intelligent, or how much sentience does the AI have to have in order to be able to marry?

But the ultimate question would be, if you divorce a robot, and it's AI program is better at legal stuff than you are, would that mean that your robot could take your house and child, as well as force you to pay alimony?

No.

Loving violated the 14th amendment. No gay marriage violated nothing in the constitution. I'd have preferred to show our kids we believed in the rule of law over the rule of courts

You know, I kinda look at this the way Jesus did. He said to all of us, "love God above all else, and love one another like you love God".

Yes. He did not say though that government was to be the instrument to dispense that love

No.

Loving violated the 14th amendment. No gay marriage violated nothing in the constitution. I'd have preferred to show our kids we believed in the rule of law over the rule of courts
Banning same sex marriage violated the 14 th Amendment

FWIW, I'd be willing to just quit giving big government recognition to any marriage if we can't get so far as to decide consenting adults can all marry each other.

At best the government thinks we better off in families making bunches of little Americans so they give a tax break. We can totally replace this with other tax breaks for doing things the government decides helps America.

Yes. He did not say though that government was to be the instrument to dispense that love

Well, if you have a government telling you who you can and can't love, then that is the government being an instrument to dispense the love, because they favor one type over another. Examples would be white/white vs. black/white, male/female vs. same sex marriage. If you favor keeping the races separate via marriage, or keeping people from marrying those of the same gender, while allowing opposite sex couples to marry, then that is the government dispensing love. They tell you who you can and can't love if they place restrictions.

Forum List

Back