5 Reasons Why Chick Fil-A Is Not What You Think

You mean like the Dixie Chicks...?

I don't remember any mayors trying to keep Dixie Chick merchandise out of the local stores.
The people chose to either support the Chicks, or boycott them. The government officials didn't get involved.

so let me get this straight... it's ok for rick santorum and the tweeting twit to SUPPORT chick-fil-a but not ok for a politician to call them what they are.

cool... got it.

You can call them what you THINK they are all day if you want...

The sheer numbers of supporters might be in indication that your thinking may be a bit off...

How the fuck else do you display support for a business to sell its products? Are you really this stupid or just playing games?

And you do realize this was thrown together AFTER the left declared august 3rd as kiss in day. Now tell me what's a more logical response. The left had a knee jerk reaction and it's blown up in their face. Don't blame the right.

Oh I dont know how about applying pressure to lift the ban on Chick Fil A in that area? No, would that be to direct? You wouldnt stuff your face in "support" but you would be able to directly address the problem you have.

Ooooooor you can wolf down a Milk Shake and feel like you did something.

Dude you are hopeless.

so let me get this straight... it's ok for rick santorum and the tweeting twit to SUPPORT chick-fil-a but not ok for a politician to call them what they are.

cool... got it.

That is a dishonest portrayal, it is a mayor that is actively keeping a restaurant out of "his" city, because of a belief system he perceives as wrong. Government has no right to interfere or be selective.

What position does Santorium hold? None, he is entitled to his opinion, so is the mayor, but they both must follow the Constitution.

FTR and in the name of "honest betrayal", Boston's Mayor did not say he would not allow them to obtain permits to do business... He merely voiced his opinion too.

“Originally, I said I would do every*thing I can to stop them.’’ Menino said in an interview at City Hall. “And that was mostly using the bully pulpit of being mayor of the city and getting public support. But I didn’t say I would not allow them to go for permits or anything like that. I just said we would do everything we can, bully pulpit-wise.”

Menino caused a stir after he wrote an irate letter last Friday to the restaurant chain’s president, Dan Cathy, who told the Baptist Press this month that his company is ‘‘guilty as charged’’ for being a supporter of organizations rallying against same-sex marriage.

The company was considering opening a location on Union Street, across the street from City Hall and Faneuil Hall. After learning about the company leadership’s views on same-sex marriage, Menino issued a letter to Cathy, lambasting him.

“I was angry to learn on the heels of your prejudiced statements about your search for a site to locate in Boston,” Menino wrote. “There is no place for discrimination on Boston’s Freedom Trail and no place for your company alongside it.

“I urge you to back out of your plans to locate in Boston.”

The letter drew intense reactions on both ends of the political spectrum.

But Menino clarified his view Thursday, saying that it would not be within his power to take any steps to prevent the business from establishing a franchise in the city and that he could not deny permits to the company. His only recourse, he said, is expressing his disapproval.

“Yes, people have criticized me; I understand that,” Menino said. “But I have feelings . . . I have my First Amendment rights also. I’m expressing them.”

Boston?s Mayor Menino clarifies Chick-fil-A stance - Boston.com

Thats what I get for believing anything that come from Republicans...So it's not a ban it just an excuse to munch. And repubs just went out en mass to support Chick Fil A from something that hasnt happened.

Brilliant...How much is Huckabee invested in that franchise?

How the fuck else do you display support for a business to sell its products? Are you really this stupid or just playing games?

And you do realize this was thrown together AFTER the left declared august 3rd as kiss in day. Now tell me what's a more logical response. The left had a knee jerk reaction and it's blown up in their face. Don't blame the right.

Oh I dont know how about applying pressure to lift the ban on Chick Fil A in that area? No, would that be to direct? You wouldnt stuff your face in "support" but you would be able to directly address the problem you have.

Ooooooor you can wolf down a Milk Shake and feel like you did something.

There is no ban to protest dummy. This wasn't a protest it was a display of support.

How can you not grasp this VERY SIMPLE FACT

I can...and waffle fries changed the world.

i imagine if you tried harder, you could miss the point by a wider margin, but i don't think so.

hint: it's got nothing to do with gay marriage

It has everything to do with gay marriage, and anti-gay rights. It is all but entirely partisan.

When is the last time you saw conservatives rally en masse to defend 'rights' when they didn't agree with the beliefs of the people they were defending?

it was right around the last time i saw liberals rally en masse to defend "rights" of people they didn't agree with.

you're not geting any smarter, are you? you assume that anyone who supports cfa also supports gay marriage bans.

and yet you have zero proof of that.

eat more fish-it's brain food, corky

I appreciate the exposure Chick-fil-A received, I didn't know we have 3 in our area. The lines were long yesterday but the food is great! I'm a believer now...

I don't remember any mayors trying to keep Dixie Chick merchandise out of the local stores.
The people chose to either support the Chicks, or boycott them. The government officials didn't get involved.

cool... got it.

That is a dishonest portrayal, it is a mayor that is actively keeping a restaurant out of "his" city, because of a belief system he perceives as wrong. Government has no right to interfere or be selective.

What position does Santorium hold? None, he is entitled to his opinion, so is the mayor, but they both must follow the Constitution.

everything she posts is just "short of the truth."

Underneath all this is the real 'right' that most conservatives support, i.e.,

the 'right' of business owners to discriminate against anyone they want.

Chic-fil-A doesn't discriminate....

stop making shit up...

they have to because they see the PEOPLE are tired of listening to their garbage and being bullied by radical groups and people in Government
none of it is a good sign for Obama and his comrades in arms like Rahm Emanuel

Last edited:
This one is dedicated to the always ClosedMinded author of the ridiculously dopey OP.

The officials at Chick-fil-A are allowed to identify marriage as they fucking deem suitable, according to their religious beliefs, etc.

AND, you asshat, they have the right to verbalize those thoughts.

FURTHERMORE, you imbecile, when a bunch of left wing hacks try to organize a boycott of that company to protest those thoughts and the expression of such thoughts, it is absolutely and unquestionably proper to stand in opposition to the fucking attempted boycott.

I don't even agree with the position expressed by Chick-fil-A. But I have NO problem in seeing the effort, by the left wing anti-free-speech scumbags to sanction Chick-fil-A's free speech, get undermined. I applaud the rebound effect.

Let me give it one more try.

By purchasing the product, we are sending a message to the ceo, in this case of Chik-Fil-A.
To not give in to the bullies who are trying to silence you, and that we will be there for you purchasing your product and you can still publicly have your opinions regarding marriage.

Seriously? Did Republicans actually convince people to eat at Chik Fil A in support for opposing gays? Instead of protests this is the only grass roots idea I've seen happen for repubs and it consists of going out and.... stuffing your pie holes?

Didya have some Freedom Fries with it? :lol: Republicans

No. But a lot of people were motivated to show support for a business under attack by bigots.

Seriously? Did Republicans actually convince people to eat at Chik Fil A in support for opposing gays? Instead of protests this is the only grass roots idea I've seen happen for repubs and it consists of going out and.... stuffing your pie holes?

:eusa_drool:Well doombag it wasn't for the support for opposing gays. It was to support the Right that owner had to show how he opposes gay marriages. Also to let the gov't know they don't have the right to ban the opening of Chik Fil A in other cities just because they don't aggree with his thoughts. If you are againt this then go eat somewhere else. Don't go running to the gov't to put him out of business. If the gov't tries this they are only going to put themselves out of business.

The Right wouldn't have engaged in its foolishness if the Left hadn't engaged in its foolishness, letting loose the PC Police on one guy and his company for his opinions.

I'm sure he thanks you for your efforts.

Closed caption will be kissing her mulleted girlfriend at chick fil a next week.

From Mother Jones:

In Defense of Chick-Fil-A — By Adam Serwer

Menino and Moreno have it wrong. Blocking construction of Chick-fil-a restaurants over Cathy’s views is a violation of Cathy’s First Amendment rights. Boston and Chicago have no more right to stop construction of Chick-fil-As based on an executive’s anti-gay views than New York City would have had the right to block construction of an Islamic community center blocks away from Ground Zero. The government blocking a business from opening based on the owner’s political views is a clear threat to everyone’s freedom of speech—being unpopular doesn’t mean you don’t have rights. It’s only by protecting the rights of those whose views we find odious that we can hope to secure them for ourselves.

I hope this helps some of you understand the real issue.

Last edited:
This deserves reposting!

Damn right it does !!

I guarantee you, if the CEO was a Muslim and came out against gay marriage, you wouldn't hear a word out of any Democrat mayor, and liberals wouldn't utter a word.

Ahh now I get it! This has taken off so well because of the Christian persecution complex.
Gotcha.
Oh, so you can link to a massive amount of media coverage of Farrakhan's opposition to gay marriage comparable to the CfA coverage?

No?

Well, then.

According to HuffPo (and I assume a few will crucify me for my source, but feel free to provide another) Chick Fil A have donated money to hate groups, who compare gay people to pedophiles, and want them exported out of the country.
They have also been sued more than a dozen times for employment discrimination. One women who is currently suing says she was sacked because the managers wanted her to be a 'stay at home mum'.

David Badash: Chick-fil-A: 5 Reasons It Isn't What You Think

If this is true, it goes beyond free speech.

One thing Chick Fil A certainly IS: Making piles of money from a massive outpouring of support of their free speech. :clap2:

I would assume that the support is coming from those who don't think gay people should be treated like equals, so I wouldn't want to buy anything from them, either.

:badgrin:Fine. Get your chicken from KFC. Nobody really cares. Don't forget the mushed potatoes too.

i imagine if you tried harder, you could miss the point by a wider margin, but i don't think so.

hint: it's got nothing to do with gay marriage

It has everything to do with gay marriage, and anti-gay rights. It is all but entirely partisan.

When is the last time you saw conservatives rally en masse to defend 'rights' when they didn't agree with the beliefs of the people they were defending?

it was right around the last time i saw liberals rally en masse to defend "rights" of people they didn't agree with.

you're not geting any smarter, are you? you assume that anyone who supports cfa also supports gay marriage bans.

and yet you have zero proof of that.

eat more fish-it's brain food, corky

Yeah, people showed up yesterday to support his "free speech" or to support his "rights" as a Christian business owner... But the current political climate has conveniently convoluted these handy wedge issues and it is now being perceived and/or projected as if their attendance at CFA yesterday was all about being for or against gay marriage.

Last edited:
I would assume that the support is coming from those who don't think gay people should be treated like equals, so I wouldn't want to buy anything from them, either.

You can assume whatever you like but it doesn't change the fact. It appears they're going to be just fine without your purchasing a chicken sandwich. ;)

You could assume but chickens aren't too happy right now.

:eusa_silenced:Just remember the chickens are the ones not eating there. There called Dems.

Forum List

Back