48%: The Democratic Party needs to face an ugly reality

Well, since she was being evasive, it could have meant her personally, her department. It could mean that she just didn't see it personally. It could mean her and her boss or her and her assistant. Your argument "who else could it have meant" is a lame ass argument. No wonder you blindly believe whatever Democrats tell you.

Okay, I realize that you are trying to get out of your lie, but the bottom line is, Obama never said he was born in Kenya.

Why would a publisher make up where their authors are born? Obviously they didn't do that, Joe. They got it from Obama. Here's a paper towel, dry off behind your ears.

OR they just didn't bother to do their research over a book that at the time, no one cared all that much about. This book was published before he was a President or a Senator, when he was a lowly member of the IL Legislature most of us never heard of.

Nothing IN the book actually said he was born in Kenya... where he was talking about his life. She didn't even bother to read the book she was "researching". My guess, she had 50 of these things to write before a show, just blew through them and never gave it another thought and neither did anyone else until the guy became President.

You have a list of authors. Some have common American names. Jim Smith. Some have odd names. You want to know where they went to school, what awards they got .... where they were born. Now let's discuss how to go about that.

My solution: Ask them. Fact check

Your solution ??? It's 1990, you have all those questions. What is your process, Joe? This is some stupid shit you're peddling. My solution is the ONLY solution.

I had my background checked during 90s several times since I worked on Wall Street. They took my resume and asked me to complete a form. Then they had to come back and more questions when they couldn't verify this or that fact, I had to help them with more specific information so they could verify it.

But you're claiming they collected all that information without having a form for the author to fill out. So explain it Joe, how did they do it? Go ...
How about you just take the word of a man who hates Obama and somebody who you think is the most honest person in power...

Did you put any coffee in your Irish coffee this morning?

BTW, I've said all through the process that Obama was born in the United States racist piece of shit. This contradicts nothing I ever said. Try reading some discussion before you come in with your racist race whoring

Oh good then we are agreed. Obama was born in the USA. Excellent. Y’all are making great progress

You completely whiffed on the discussion, racist. No one is arguing that Obama was born in Kenya. That isn't what we're talking about.

Remember when I said I had you on ignore in the past for race whoring and you denied you did it? Well, here you are, doing exactly what I said you do.

Obama was born in HAWAII, racist. The question is about his being an intellectual elitist snob, not about his being born in Africa. You aren't even close to the actual subject

I haven’t said one word about race so I don’t know where you’re getting that from. I was responding to a discussion you were having about a publisher saying he was born in Kenya. Nothing about being an elitist snob. Sorry. You seem lost in your own conversation... again.

Google "birther," jackass. As if you don't know what you said. You're getting even deeper in your lying crap.

No one in the entire discussion said Obama was born in Kenya. That wasn't the discussion. Well, other than Obama. And I'm mocking him for it because ... racist ... he was born in HAWAII.

That's the whole POINT of the discussion

What do you think I lied about? Please show the quote as we all know by now that you are piss poor at interpretation

You had two big whopper lies:

1) I said and always said Obama was born in Hawaii and you called me a birther

2) You lied that you didn't bring race into the discussion when you called me a birther

That you used the definition of birther and not the word doesn't fool anyone

Well, since she was being evasive, it could have meant her personally, her department. It could mean that she just didn't see it personally. It could mean her and her boss or her and her assistant. Your argument "who else could it have meant" is a lame ass argument. No wonder you blindly believe whatever Democrats tell you.

Okay, I realize that you are trying to get out of your lie, but the bottom line is, Obama never said he was born in Kenya.

Why would a publisher make up where their authors are born? Obviously they didn't do that, Joe. They got it from Obama. Here's a paper towel, dry off behind your ears.

OR they just didn't bother to do their research over a book that at the time, no one cared all that much about. This book was published before he was a President or a Senator, when he was a lowly member of the IL Legislature most of us never heard of.

Nothing IN the book actually said he was born in Kenya... where he was talking about his life. She didn't even bother to read the book she was "researching". My guess, she had 50 of these things to write before a show, just blew through them and never gave it another thought and neither did anyone else until the guy became President.

You have a list of authors. Some have common American names. Jim Smith. Some have odd names. You want to know where they went to school, what awards they got .... where they were born. Now let's discuss how to go about that.

Your solution ??? It's 1990, you have all those questions. What is your process, Joe? This is some stupid shit you're peddling. My solution is the ONLY solution.

I had my background checked during 90s several times since I worked on Wall Street. They took my resume and asked me to complete a form. Then they had to come back and more questions when they couldn't verify this or that fact, I had to help them with more specific information so they could verify it.

But you're claiming they collected all that information without having a form for the author to fill out. So explain it Joe, how did they do it? Go ...
How about you just take the word of a man who hates Obama and somebody who you think is the most honest person in power...

BTW, I've said all through the process that Obama was born in the United States racist piece of shit. This contradicts nothing I ever said. Try reading some discussion before you come in with your racist race whoring

Oh good then we are agreed. Obama was born in the USA. Excellent. Y’all are making great progress

You completely whiffed on the discussion, racist. No one is arguing that Obama was born in Kenya. That isn't what we're talking about.

Remember when I said I had you on ignore in the past for race whoring and you denied you did it? Well, here you are, doing exactly what I said you do.

Obama was born in HAWAII, racist. The question is about his being an intellectual elitist snob, not about his being born in Africa. You aren't even close to the actual subject

I haven’t said one word about race so I don’t know where you’re getting that from. I was responding to a discussion you were having about a publisher saying he was born in Kenya. Nothing about being an elitist snob. Sorry. You seem lost in your own conversation... again.

Google "birther," jackass. As if you don't know what you said. You're getting even deeper in your lying crap.

No one in the entire discussion said Obama was born in Kenya. That wasn't the discussion. Well, other than Obama. And I'm mocking him for it because ... racist ... he was born in HAWAII.

If one of your points was that Obama was born in Hawaii then I was simply reenforcing your point by showing a video of Trump saying that very thing. You should have thanked my post and sent praises of agreement in a rare moment of unity. But you went with calling me a racist and a liar which now I’d love for you to explain.

That question has nothing to do with Obama being President. As long as at least one of your parents were American, you can be born in Brazil and still be an American yourself. However, there are unanswered questions like how he got into big buck colleges coming from a basically middle-class family. Where did Obama tell them he was born at?

Seems like a wild accusation, and route to take but have fun on that journey if you enjoy the road. Just comes of as a cheap shot political attack to me

It's not a political attack at all. I mean, it's not like Democrats are not known for such things. Ask squaw Liz about that.

You don’t think it’s a political attack?? Really? Haha, ok Ray, whatever you say

That question has nothing to do with Obama being President. As long as at least one of your parents were American, you can be born in Brazil and still be an American yourself. However, there are unanswered questions like how he got into big buck colleges coming from a basically middle-class family. Where did Obama tell them he was born at?

Seems like a wild accusation, and route to take but have fun on that journey if you enjoy the road. Just comes of as a cheap shot political attack to me

It's not a political attack at all. I mean, it's not like Democrats are not known for such things. Ask squaw Liz about that.

Remember Democrats in 2008 raised if McCain was eligible to be President because he was born on a ... US military base in Panama.

It was Hillary who raise Obama's qualification based on his potentially being born in Kenya.

I'm just laughing at Obama for starting it by telling his publisher he was born in Kenya. He was born in Hawaii. I mean who the hell gets their OWN country of birth wrong?

If a Republican did that, Democrats would never get over it in a million years

If one of your points was that Obama was born in Hawaii then I was simply reenforcing your point by showing a video of Trump saying that very thing. You should have thanked my post and sent praises of agreement in a rare moment of unity. But you went with calling me a racist and a liar which now I’d love for you to explain.

Then you said I was making progress by admitting he was born in Hawaii. You're just a dishonest racist piece of shit. I've never in my life said he was born in Kenya. I only make fun of him because HE said he was born in Kenya. As did his wife.

You don’t think it’s a political attack?? Really? Haha, ok Ray, whatever you say

Since you are arguing literally that making fun of a Democrat for saying something stupid 30 years ago is a "political attack," is it the same for Republicans? If you just make fun of something stupid say that Trump said 30 years ago without making any political point to that, is that a "political attack" too? Or is it just Democrats who have the full umbrella that anything you say about them is a "political attack?"

This is just a guess, of course, but somewhere around 48% of those who vote in November will be voting for Donald Trump. Without going into the laundry list of obvious examples or any of the standard talking points, there are certainly plenty of reasons not to. Yet he has a perfectly reasonable chance of winning.

Right now, polls show that about 43% of Americans approve of the job he's doing. This, after everything that has happened, and that number should be a very sobering indication of where this country is right now. Personally, I try to understand how these people can do this, but I still only understand some of it.

Anyway, here's the point: Elections are about contrasts. Choices. How can that many people support this disaster of a person? For many of them, they're looking at the alternative. And when those who provide their information and opinions for them point at things like PC and Identity Politics and Cancel Culture and an overall culture in decay, they can make reasonable points not to vote for the Democratic party. Even with, amazingly, this profoundly damaged person in the White House.

It's certainly too late to make any changes before November, but the Democratic party had a chance to take over the middle, and I don't see that happening. There is no excuse, zero, none, for the race to be this close. Regardless of who wins, the Democrats have too often allowed the wrong voices to represent them. It allows the Trumpsters to tie all the silliest crap coming from the hardcore Left to the milquetoast, feeble Biden.

This should be a learning experience, but I'm doubtful.

I think they're gonna take the electorate completely out of the equation and give it to Biden, Mac.
Who do you mean by "they"?

That would be a very deep discussion, Mac.

In the interest of courtesy, however, I'd direct you to what ex-New York Fed President Bill Dudley wrote - “Trump’s re-election arguably presents a threat to the United States’ and global economy, and if the goal of monetary policy is to achieve the best long-term economic outcome, the Fed’s officials should consider how their decisions would affect the political outcome of 2020.”

So. That said, ask yourself who got the biggest bailout of all?

Who does the coronavirus scam direct attention away from with regard to the root cause of our econoic problems?

Remember Democrats in 2008 raised if McCain was eligible to be President because he was born on a ... US military base in Panama.

It was Hillary who raise Obama's qualification based on his potentially being born in Kenya.

I'm just laughing at Obama for starting it by telling his publisher he was born in Kenya. He was born in Hawaii. I mean who the hell gets their OWN country of birth wrong?

Sounds like you haven’t gotten over it either... how many years has it been?

What do you think I lied about? Please show the quote as we all know by now that you are piss poor at interpretation

You had two big whopper lies:

1) I said and always said Obama was born in Hawaii and you called me a birther

2) You lied that you didn't bring race into the discussion when you called me a birther

That you used the definition of birther and not the word doesn't fool anyone

Can you show the quote where I called you a birther as that seems to be the source of where you think I made a racist lie?

Not only that but I believe that it was his grandmother who also stated he was born in Kenya.

Then you said I was making progress by admitting he was born in Hawaii. You're just a dishonest racist piece of shit. I've never in my life said he was born in Kenya. I only make fun of him because HE said he was born in Kenya. As did his wife.

Good for you not accusing him of being born in Kenya, bad for you to make fun of him for something you can only assume. You should do better than that.

For Kavanaugh? You went back 40 years

This is just a guess, of course, but somewhere around 48% of those who vote in November will be voting for Donald Trump. Without going into the laundry list of obvious examples or any of the standard talking points, there are certainly plenty of reasons not to. Yet he has a perfectly reasonable chance of winning.

Right now, polls show that about 43% of Americans approve of the job he's doing. This, after everything that has happened, and that number should be a very sobering indication of where this country is right now. Personally, I try to understand how these people can do this, but I still only understand some of it.

Anyway, here's the point: Elections are about contrasts. Choices. How can that many people support this disaster of a person? For many of them, they're looking at the alternative. And when those who provide their information and opinions for them point at things like PC and Identity Politics and Cancel Culture and an overall culture in decay, they can make reasonable points not to vote for the Democratic party. Even with, amazingly, this profoundly damaged person in the White House.

It's certainly too late to make any changes before November, but the Democratic party had a chance to take over the middle, and I don't see that happening. There is no excuse, zero, none, for the race to be this close. Regardless of who wins, the Democrats have too often allowed the wrong voices to represent them. It allows the Trumpsters to tie all the silliest crap coming from the hardcore Left to the milquetoast, feeble Biden.

This should be a learning experience, but I'm doubtful.
I sorta agree about the despicableness of Trump, but I'm not sure all of those 43% approve of him as much as disapprove of the dems. I'm no fan of Obamacare, race based affirm action in public institutions (or private higher education that gets aid). W and Obama so fucked up Afghan and Iraq …. we're done in the ME.

I'd guess most Americans don't like illegal immigration. I'd guess most agree we get screwed on "free trade." I don't think Cuban Americans (or others) are unreasonable in thinking the Dems record on confronting quasi-communist countries is lukewarm at best. I am an elitist at heart in terms of thinking govt needs to empower and reward those who succeed in meritocracy. But I can see the pov of a person in flyover country who lives in the house with his parents on soc sec, pays no income tax and virtually no property tax, has kids on schips. What the fuck do dems offer him/her?

I agree that at this point in time, the Dems are the big tent party. It's tough for a maj to vote for the party of AOC and Ilhan-Omar. Pelosi was a ideological warrior herself until she opted for pragmatism and the big tent.

JMO, but imo the gop fucked the pooch in not coalescing around Rubio. Given the past 4 years, imo he'd have killed Hillary, and not lost senate seats doing it. The problem Trump presents isn't just that he's incompetent and corrupt in being willing to do anything to America to win. it's that he's racist to his core. Ilegal aliens just wanted a better life. It's not ok to break the law, but they aren't scum. The gop can win Hispanics and should do more. Most Americans are not happy with the unrest in cities. But the cops have killed blacks were not imminent threats, and people are seeing through Trump's racist campaign that the unrest isn't led by blacks who want to invade suburbs.

But imo what's happening is the most left and most right are further from the middle. So the dems' big tent is not necessarily the middle party. It is the largest though

Good for you not accusing him of being born in Kenya, bad for you to make fun of him for something you can only assume. You should do better than that.

It's in black and white, Holmes. You know, your favorite colors, boiling everything down to black and white?

Since you are arguing literally that making fun of a Democrat for saying something stupid 30 years ago is a "political attack," is it the same for Republicans? If you just make fun of something stupid say that Trump said 30 years ago without making any political point to that, is that a "political attack" too? Or is it just Democrats who have the full umbrella that anything you say about them is a "political attack?"

Yes of course attacking Trump for all the stupid shit he says is a political attack

For Kavanaugh? You went back 40 years

What do you think I said about Kav?

Yes of course attacking Trump for all the stupid shit he says is a political attack

So if everything you say about a politician is a political attack, then what was the point you were making by calling criticizing Obama a "political attack." You just said it's definitional, which means your statement was meaningless

So if everything you say about a politician is a political attack, then what was the point you were making by calling criticizing Obama a "political attack." You just said it's definitional, which means your statement was meaningless

It meant what it meant and it is what it is. Ray said it wasn’t political

Wow, you realize that there's a major difference between checking a background for a job and just checking to see if your information for a book blurb is accurate or not, right?

They weren't hiring Obama to handle millions of dollars, they were hawking a vanity book that was going to probably only sell a few thousand copies.

Yes, they do, but it has nothing to do with slavery or Jim Crow. Do you know what poverty is Joe? Poverty is the state of not having enough or having no money. The solution to poverty is to acquire money. The way to get money is to get a job and not get involved in things like illegal narcotics, going into debt buying things you really can't afford, staying out of trouble with the law, and not having a family long before you're financially capable of doing so.

Okay, so let's look at that. The way to get out of poverty is to get a job. Hey, I help people get jobs for a living. So you know, it's a lot easier to get a job if you can afford a nice suit. It's easier to get one if you have enough money to get dental work done.

Check your privilege... you had all the advantages of being white and you still ended up on welfare.

Slavery doesn't cause black kids to drop out of high school at the rate they are. Jim Crow didn't cause single black women to have children with no husband which is now the norm in black communities; some cases reveal a 90% out-of-wedlock birth rate They even invented a term for it. It's called baby daddies.

Okay, let's look at that one. You know that a wedding is really fucking expensive, right. (And 50% of them still end up in divorce, but you guys never whine about that.). There are baby daddies who are fully committed, but there are white divorcees who run off and are never seen again.

But I'd be happy to change our social welfare system to stop penalizing marriage. I don't think you would be too keen on it.

Every Friday I go to play my lottery numbers. It's not much, I spend on average about 20 bucks a week. It's mainly for fun. But I hate getting black people in front of me at the lottery line.

Wow, that line is telling. When they get a government check, they are lazy and on welfare. When you get a government check, it's "deserved" and "entitlted". When they wait for lottery tickets (Or as I like to call it, "A tax on people who are bad at math") you hate them for being there the same time you are.

Very telling.

Forum List

Back