A new thought...there is a third political party.

fogman68

Rookie
Sep 13, 2020
I have been watching, as most americans, how the two dominate political parties have bungled the stimulus situation. Each side placing conditions on the agreement that the other side will not agree to and playing politics with the peoples lives. So I personally would like to see every congressman running for re-election to be replaced. However it makes no sense replacing them with more of the same. I therefore make the suggestion that they be replaced with someone from the Independent Political Party.
Imagin if just 10% of each house of congress were replaced with independent canidates. This would create a whole new ball game in congress. Party lines and idealology would be completely disrupted. No more us against them, it would be us against them against those guys. Both major parties would not only have to negotiate with each other but also with the new guys. If the independent party could be more beholding to the voters, congress would once again be at the whim of the people.
This is my first post, but I will voice more ideas in an attempt to inspire thinking outside of the box. Feel free to respond. I more than welcome your thoughts and ideas, be it supportive or not. I just ask that your comments be constructive.
Thanks for reading.

For those individuals in the new party....what are they going to use for money? The 2 major parties have millions of dollars for their campaign...what do they have?

Trump is the New Party
Yep. They stand for lying to the people of the country, and shouting down anybody that knows the truth, as it is often more convenient than admitting the truth. They support Communist, dictators and Autocrats world wide. They stand behind white supremacy, selling fear, dividing the country, alienating our traditional allied friendly nations of the world. They support deserting war time allies in the field. They support negating the actions of trial by jury, traditional rule of law in our courts, and do not support the constitution, strictly interpreted or otherwise. They are anti-science on everything from weather, to environment, to disease control and public health. I cannot recommend the trump party, as they are bad for the country. That is why I as and Independent will cast my Vote for Joe Biden to bring back a chance for normal governance and decent moral based leadership to the United State of America, and not a moment too soon.

Trump is the New Party
Yep. They stand for lying to the people of the country, and shouting down anybody that knows the truth, as it is often more convenient than admitting the truth. They support Communist, dictators and Autocrats world wide. They stand behind white supremacy, selling fear, dividing the country, alienating our traditional allied friendly nations of the world. They support deserting war time allies in the field. They support negating the actions of trial by jury, traditional rule of law in our courts, and do not support the constitution, strictly interpreted or otherwise. They are anti-science on everything from weather, to environment, to disease control and public health. I cannot recommend the trump party, as they are bad for the country. That is why I as and Independent will cast my Vote for Joe Biden to bring back a chance for normal governance and decent moral based leadership to the United State of America, and not a moment too soon.

quid pro joe can't even bring back his most recent thought, much less anything else.

Trump is the New Party

quid pro joe can't even bring back his most recent thought, much less anything else.

He thought trump was a liar, and I'll be danged if donnie didn't prove him right, admitting it on tape even. Joe must think pretty good.

Trump is the New Party
I knew you would defend both party's careful doing that you are defending a two headed snake

Trump is the New Party

He thought trump was a liar, and I'll be danged if donnie didn't prove him right, admitting it on tape even. Joe must think pretty good.
You're really stupid some fucking times a president is obligated to lie or downplay things so as NOT TO SPREAD FEAR AND PANIC.
But no you dumb son of a bitches can't fucking grasp that past your bitterness and anger

Trump is the New Party
I knew you would defend both party's careful doing that you are defending a two headed snake
OK. Guilty as charged, I suppose, except I make no defense for the trump party, as it is indefensible. Those people are "one toke, over the line, sweet Jesus". I will hang around and support the two party system, hoping the republicans can restore themselves to where they work and play with others after this 4 year childish tantrum, exercising a balancing function as they were meant to, without plunging us into central control totalitarian federal control, and avoid the Dems doing likewise. Could never support the trump party with their present values. Hopefully the Democrats will not go through a 4 year tantrum of their own. I do not see a better way of going about it. There is no viable 3rd party at this time, and I do not see one on the horizon. Two headed snake? Yeah, you called it. "Carefully" is the only way to defend against a two headed snake, especially if both heads are venomous, don't you think? It is the only conservative way to proceed, and it too, has an unsure path. Life in the 21st century?

I have been watching, as most americans, how the two dominate political parties have bungled the stimulus situation. Each side placing conditions on the agreement that the other side will not agree to and playing politics with the peoples lives. So I personally would like to see every congressman running for re-election to be replaced. However it makes no sense replacing them with more of the same. I therefore make the suggestion that they be replaced with someone from the Independent Political Party.
Imagin if just 10% of each house of congress were replaced with independent canidates. This would create a whole new ball game in congress. Party lines and idealology would be completely disrupted. No more us against them, it would be us against them against those guys. Both major parties would not only have to negotiate with each other but also with the new guys. If the independent party could be more beholding to the voters, congress would once again be at the whim of the people.
This is my first post, but I will voice more ideas in an attempt to inspire thinking outside of the box. Feel free to respond. I more than welcome your thoughts and ideas, be it supportive or not. I just ask that your comments be constructive.
Thanks for reading.

OK, but this is pretty high level. What principles will the new party be based on? How will they draw from both sides? If they don't draw from both sides, they won't be effective or last as they are just going to defeat the party they came from

Welcome and nice initial post fogman68.

I favor non-partisan elections and anything else that reduces the influence of political parties.

The founding fathers considered banning parties in Congress. Not doing that was such a huge mistake. There is no reason that people who lean left vote for left extremists and people who lean right vote for socons and other things they don't agree with. But you're right or left and then most people support the party on their side at all costs.

Even so called independents typically vote for one party

Trump is the New Party

Oh right, and slow joe went to law school of a full scholarship, got three degrees and finished near the top of his class. NOT!!!!! I guess you don't mind lies when it's your guy doing it. LMAO

Thanks for reading.

Its not gonna happen. Our cycle as a republic is headed into bondage.

Trump is the New Party

Oh right, and slow joe went to law school of a full scholarship, got three degrees and finished near the top of his class. NOT!!!!! I guess you don't mind lies when it's your guy doing it. LMAO

Lies of 50 years ago, admittedly do not bother me as much as lies, an hour ago, especially after last nights lies, last weeks, the lies having to be justified and re-explained and excuses made for daily, by supporters.

Forum List

Back