30% of republicans think “violence may be needed”

I suppose I am on the fence about this. I think republicans are all talk. All bark, no bite. However, there is probably enough of them that mean business. Perhaps 10% of that 30% actually mean what they say.

Either way it’s pretty pathetic this is because they believe the election was stolen from Trump. It can’t even be over something based in reality.
After the BLM riots, y'all need to stop crying about a potential for violence by the Right.

woooooo hoooo another poll! Public religion research institute no less. A whopping 2508 person survey. I'm impressed.

I see persons immediatelly think CIVIL WAR. Violence doesn't not 100% equate to a civil war.

OSo who are they going to target?

Do they have a pre-determined "Hit List"

RWI's have the misconception (look it up tards) that they own all the guns and bullets.
RWI's think they will destroy others in a 'gun fight'

They will end up shooting each other, with a little collateral damage along the way.

JUST STOP. Civil War is NOT what you want.
Chances are a couple of states will leave the Union followed by perhaps a dozen others. I don’t see tanks rolling and jet planes bombing nor do I see street by street fighting in the big urban areas.

In my opinion the breakup of the United States will be similar to the breakup of the old USSR.

Hopefully this nation will not break apart but the divisions in our nation are growing and it seems the art of compromise is extinct. Rather than trying to unite people many of the people we elect seem determined to divide them and drive them further and further apart by race and wealth.

Plus some lucky people appear to be totally above the rule of law causing corruption in our nations Capitol to sprout like dandelions and sand spurs in a poorly maintained yard. In a well functioning representative democracy there is only one rule of law and it applies equally to all.

1635897569810.gif

I suppose I am on the fence about this. I think republicans are all talk. All bark, no bite. However, there is probably enough of them that mean business. Perhaps 10% of that 30% actually mean what they say.

Either way it’s pretty pathetic this is because they believe the election was stolen from Trump. It can’t even be over something based in reality.

Yawn. Do you really think you stumbled onto something that would galvanize your idiotic belief that you're the"poor victim", and those mean old right-wingers are out to get you?

While at the same time ignoring your own side's penchant for violence?

Gimme a fuckin' break. From 2020:

"In September, 44 percent of Republicans and 41 percent of Democrats said there would be at least “a little” justification for violence if the other party’s nominee wins the election. Those figures are both up from June, when 35 percent of Republicans and 37 percent of Democrats expressed the same sentiment.

• Similarly, 36 percent of Republicans and 33 percent of Democrats said it is at least “a little” justified for their side “to use violence in advancing political goals”—up from 30 percent of both Republicans and Democrats in June.

• There has been an even larger increase in the share of both Democrats and Republicans who believe there would be either “a lot” or “a great deal” of justification for violence if their party were to lose in November. The share of Republicans seeing substantial justification for violence if their side loses jumped from 15 percent in June to 20 percent in September, while the share of Democrats jumped from 16 percent to 19 percent."

Opinion | Americans Increasingly Believe Violence is Justified if the Other Side Wins

After the BLM riots, y'all need to stop crying about a potential for violence by the Right.
Except most of the violence came from right wing counterprotesters.

Sanya Mansour, 93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful, New Report Finds, September 5, 2020, 93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful, New Report Finds

The Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project, Demonstrations & Political Violence In America: New Data for Summer 2020, Demonstrations & Political Violence in America: New Data for Summer 2020 | ACLED

Erica Chenoweth and Jeremy Pressman, Black Lives Matter Protesters Were Overwhelmingly Peaceful, Our Research Finds, Harvard Radcliffe Institute, October 20, 2020

So who are they going to target?

Do they have a pre-determined "Hit List"

RWI's have the misconception (look it up tards) that they own all the guns and bullets.
RWI's think they will destroy others in a 'gun fight'

They will end up shooting each other, with a little collateral damage along the way.

JUST STOP. Civil War is NOT what you want.
Correction, It is not what YOU want. I have no problem either way.

So you're saying Ferguson and Minneapolis was never burned down?
And violence was not in evidence for over 100 straight days of rioting in Portland. There was no police precinct closed and six blocks of downtown taken over for six weeks in Seattle. Those things never happened. BLM/Antifa participants have not been arrested for murder---or killed in shoot outs because they were "peaceful." dudmuck is a moron.

And violence was not in evidence for over 100 straight days of rioting in Portland. There was no police precinct closed and six blocks of downtown taken over for six weeks in Seattle. Those things never happened. BLM/Antifa participants have not been arrested for murder---or killed in shoot outs because they were "peaceful." dudmuck is a moron.
1635900711200.jpeg

Oh look, it's the BLM supporter to your left who shot and killed an officer on your right.

Sanya Mansour, 93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful, New Report Finds, September 5, 2020, 93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful, New Report Finds

The Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project, Demonstrations & Political Violence In America: New Data for Summer 2020, Demonstrations & Political Violence in America: New Data for Summer 2020 | ACLED

Erica Chenoweth and Jeremy Pressman, Black Lives Matter Protesters Were Overwhelmingly Peaceful, Our Research Finds, Harvard Radcliffe Institute, October 20, 2020
That's bullshit and you know it

only 30%?

Last edited:

Let's say it another way:

Fully 7% of the BLM protests turned violent. The report cited does not give a clear definition of "riot" or "damage". As a matter of fact, they list a 3 month long protest that occurred in Vermont's largest city as "peaceful", however that protest caused over $20,000 in property damages, multiple emergency response calls for injuries, and shut down the normal flow of traffic in the downtown on several days (the economic impact is unknown).

Nationwide, as a whole, those "peaceful" protests caused the largest amount of damage in US History, estimated at between 1 and 2 Billion Dollars:

Also, thousands of police officers were injured during those "peaceful" protests, and more than 19 people were killed outright:

Forum List

Back