3 men charged with federal hate crimes in killing of Ahmaud Arbery in Georgia

I’m talking about the original law as defined in the Winn Dixie decision from the Georgia Court of Appeals. They changed the law to discourage vigilante violence.
The first district attorney in the case, Jackie Johnson of the Brunswick Judicial Circuit, had to recuse herself because Gregory McMichael, a former Glynn County police officer, was an investigator in her office until he retired a year ago.

In the weeks after the shooting, a second district attorney assigned to the case, George Barnhill of the Waycross Judicial Circuit, declined to pursue charges. He wrote in April that there was no probable cause to issue arrest warrants, and he later recused himself because of a conflict of interest. (The new prosecutor, District Attorney Joyette Holmes of the Cobb County Judicial Circuit, hails from metro Atlanta, a few hours away.)

Barnhill wrote to a Glynn County police captain that the McMichaels had "first hand probable cause" to pursue Arbery and that they had told police that they believed he was a "burglary suspect" in their neighborhood.

"It appears their intent was to stop and hold this criminal suspect until law enforcement arrived," Barnhill wrote. "Under Georgia Law this is perfectly legal

The first district attorney in the case, Jackie Johnson of the Brunswick Judicial Circuit, had to recuse herself because Gregory McMichael, a former Glynn County police officer, was an investigator in her office until he retired a year ago.

In the weeks after the shooting, a second district attorney assigned to the case, George Barnhill of the Waycross Judicial Circuit, declined to pursue charges. He wrote in April that there was no probable cause to issue arrest warrants, and he later recused himself because of a conflict of interest. (The new prosecutor, District Attorney Joyette Holmes of the Cobb County Judicial Circuit, hails from metro Atlanta, a few hours away.)

Barnhill wrote to a Glynn County police captain that the McMichaels had "first hand probable cause" to pursue Arbery and that they had told police that they believed he was a "burglary suspect" in their neighborhood.

"It appears their intent was to stop and hold this criminal suspect until law enforcement arrived," Barnhill wrote. "Under Georgia Law this is perfectly legal

Jackie Johnson has lost her law license from telling the cops not to arrest McMichaels. She is facing criminal charges for abuse of office.

The second one is facing the loss of his law license. The decision not to pursue charges while already deciding to recuse himself qualifies as prosecutorial misconduct.

It took the Grand Jury about ten minutes to indict. The Judge who knows the law better than you do not only refused to dismiss the charges but refused bail on not one. But two occasions.

According to the County Police they believed they had sufficient evidence to arrest the McMichaels at the scene. They were ordered not to by Jackie Johnson. Greg called her asking for help from the scene.

Does that sound like they are totally vindicated as obeying the law?

Jackie Johnson has lost her law license from telling the cops not to arrest McMichaels. She is facing criminal charges for abuse of office.

The second one is facing the loss of his law license. The decision not to pursue charges while already deciding to recuse himself qualifies as prosecutorial misconduct.

It took the Grand Jury about ten minutes to indict. The Judge who knows the law better than you do not only refused to dismiss the charges but refused bail on not one. But two occasions.

According to the County Police they believed they had sufficient evidence to arrest the McMichaels at the scene. They were ordered not to by Jackie Johnson. Greg called her asking for help from the scene.

What it demonstrates is the power of the media and the liberal establishment in Washington.

Very similar to what happened to
George Zimmerman.

What it demonstrates is the power of the media and the liberal establishment in Washington.

Very similar to what happened to
George Zimmerman.
Why is it that Georgia is now the only state without a effective Citizens Arrest Law?

The answer being that politicians have caved into liberal demands....which essentially amount to...there is a double standard when it comes to blacks violating the law.

Time and again we see blacks in these controversial cases being on parole at the time they were killed...and then we see the courts not allow their history to be seen by juries.

Not even to mention if the perp was white in these cases blacks get parole for...the whites would still be in jail

Ahmaud took a loaded gun to school and got parole.

Can anyone imagine a white guy getting away with that? Of course not.

N

The jury will determine that...just like in the Zimmerman case....care to remember what you said in that case? hehheh

What it says is the political fix was in.

Liberals do not believe white people have a right to protect themselves from blacks as in they consider blacks to always be the victims no matter that young black males committ over half of all murders and rapes in this country.

Georgia has done away with their Citizens Arrest Law because of the ahbery incident.

Georgia is the only state in America now that does not have a citizens arrest law.
:cuckoo:

I have noted time and again you have little or no ability to properly understand the law and once again you demonstrate that.

Georgia did away with the citizens arrest law after the incident with ahmaud because they do not want black criminals to be arrested or interfered with by any citizen.

The McMicahels will be entitled to use the original law regarding Citizens arrest because this incident happened before the law was changed....can you not grasp that?

I also remember your flawed analysis of the Zimmerman case....but here you are again demonstrating you lack the expertise to deal with legal matters.
Dumbfuck racist, the citizen's arrest law, as it was written, doesn't help them because it doesn't apply to them.

How so? Back that claim up, instead of pinching off a steaming turd and running away.

Who was influenced? How were they influenced? be specific. Or admit that this is just another case of you inventing idiotic excuses, when your fantasies collide with reality. Those are your choices.

The jury will determine that...just like in the Zimmerman case....care to remember what you said in that case? hehheh

I remember. And I was wrong. I believe I said that at the time. However our laws in Georgia are different.

Before Arbery the Legislature was debating a change to the Aggravated Assault law. As it is written if you hold a person at gunpoint. Even during the old citizens arrest. It was a felony.

Those changes went out the window. Now you have to be a security guard or private investigator to effect a citizens arrest thanks to the McMorons.

Again. I’ve asked you several times to explain how it was a legal citizens arrest in light of the Winn Dixie decision.

Here is part of the study guide for Georgia Lawyers.

The standards for a valid Citizens Arrest is first hand knowledge of a crime. Under the law in effect at the time. The McMichaels had no such first hand knowledge did they?

Again. Did the Grand Jury indict them? Yes. Has the Judge refused to toss the case? Yes.

He got shot because he assaulted Travis McMichaels whilst trying to take away his weapon.

It is all on video....no question about it....very clear....undisputable.....try and deal with the truth and reality for a change.
Because we all know black folks have no right to defend themselves from armed whites.

Because we all know black folks have no right to defend themselves from armed whites.
Go to 0:05 of the video to see the hilbilly vigilante get out of his truck and point his shotgun at Arbery:

Of course, we are supposed to believe our cackling white wing friends, in Arbery's position, would all have just immediately lied down on the ground and put handcuffs on themselves, at this point. Buncha fucking liars, is what they are.

Uff…You actually said it.
Because three dudes rolling up on you with shotguns is in no way aggressive or fear inducing.:cuckoo:
If you had watched the video you would have seen ahmuad jogging towards the Macs for at least a hundred yards....if he had been in fear of his life he would not have kept jogging towards the MacMichaels....elementary my boy....elementary indeed!!!

Blacks kill whites at an astounding rate....get real chump.

Blacks make up approximately 13% of the US population while they commit 52% of all violent crimes.

In 2013 according to the FBI, 90% of black homicide victims were killed by other black people.

I am getting tired of tolerating people too stupid to be on this board....if I do not see some intelligent commentary soon I will begin deleting the stooopids....and it is not my fault they are usually democrats.

Working in Law Enforcement Taught Me Race Realism --- google dat and fuk off​

Last edited:

Forum List

Back