23 Yr Old Shot In The Back By Ohio Sherrif's Deputy

Do the cops demand every legal owner of a gun to stop? Is this what you are after?

If that's their order, you obey their order. If this guy didn't get killed, it's likely his CCW would have been revoked by the state because he did not act in accordance with our CCW laws. When an officer tells you to freeze, you freeze.

Only because someone was around with a video recorder.

Nope. All police shootings are investigated, and usually by outside sources such as this case. The Columbus police are investigating this. The Sheriffs department is operated by the county.

The Columbus police force was suppose to immediately turn this over to another agency but didn't despite knowing they were supposed to. Those who did not should be fired.

Maybe, but it doesn't discount the fact that all police shootings are thoroughly investigated. If the officers story doesn't line up with the finding of detectives and forensic evidence, he or she is charged.

They have the same right to protect themselves from anyone. Police officers do not have a special designation. It's why Breonna Taylors boyfriend had all charges dropped.

Her boyfriends claim was that he didn't know it was the police. That's different. No, you cannot use a firearm against a police officer. They are the law, and you obey the law. This clown knew he was a sheriffs deputy because according to the story, they had a verbal confrontation.

Many things we were initially told were true have been shown to not been true.

Do the cops demand every legal owner of a gun to stop? Is this what you are after?

If that's their order, you obey their order. If this guy didn't get killed, it's likely his CCW would have been revoked by the state because he did not act in accordance with our CCW laws. When an officer tells you to freeze, you freeze.

Only because someone was around with a video recorder.

Nope. All police shootings are investigated, and usually by outside sources such as this case. The Columbus police are investigating this. The Sheriffs department is operated by the county.

The Columbus police force was suppose to immediately turn this over to another agency but didn't despite knowing they were supposed to. Those who did not should be fired.

Maybe, but it doesn't discount the fact that all police shootings are thoroughly investigated. If the officers story doesn't line up with the finding of detectives and forensic evidence, he or she is charged.

Nobody has been charged with lying in the Breonna Taylor case.

There was no evidence he had pot. Only that he had smoked it at some point. Many legal gun owners smoke pot.
Thats enough to makes carrying the gun illegal

As I pointed out already I suspect Casey Goodson was shot because he refused to cooperate with the police which created a dangerous situation

He had no reason to cooperate. Funny coming from those who cry out to not cooperate with things like mask laws. Of course unless you are black then you better.

Cooperating with a police officer isn't an option, it's the law. If this guy was carrying a gun, he was obligated to cooperate with the officer whether he was doing something wrong or not.

Horse shit.

Body cams are very expensive to maintain. Defunding the police guarantees there will be less cops with body cams.

Body cams should simply be a Federal mandate. The police officer deactivating, disabling, or obstructing them should be a Federal felony carrying mandatory prison time.
But I thought the leftist scum wanted to defund the police?

They have the same right to protect themselves from anyone. Police officers do not have a special designation. It's why Breonna Taylors boyfriend had all charges dropped.

Her boyfriends claim was that he didn't know it was the police. That's different. No, you cannot use a firearm against a police officer. They are the law, and you obey the law. This clown knew he was a sheriffs deputy because according to the story, they had a verbal confrontation.
Are these libs that ignorant or just trolling?

If he needed to protect himself he is.
Nonsense

he was defyimg police instructions in the performance of their duty

no wonder so many blacks get killed when you fill their heads with bullshit like that
So...when the cop tells you to drop and suck, which knee hits the ground first?
With leftists, both do because they are synchronized to drop for the cop and puff on command, unless they are black and in that case when the cop shouts "get down" they jump up and start twerk dancing and usually get shot.

The body wasn't even cold before the lies by the police started.

Columbus police have said that Meade was working on behalf of the U.S. Marshals Service Fugitive Task Force when the shooting occurred. But Tobin contradicted that claim in his Friday statement, writing that "U.S. Marshals task force operations had concluded, and the officer was acting on his own and in his independent authority as a Franklin County Sheriff's Deputy within his home jurisdiction when he encountered Mr. Goodson, and throughout the subsequent incident leading to Mr. Goodson's death."

Columbus mayor criticizes U.S. Marshal for "inappropriate, uninformed" statement on Casey Goodson Jr. shooting

It seems the statement that he was "waving a gun out of his car" is no longer being supported either.

Nor is the idea that he came home with only one sub. And the police wonder why people no longer trust them. Stop lying.

First reports are always inaccurate. What I don't understand about this story is nobody seems to know if he had a gun. Cops don't stop people at random to harass them.

Of course they do.

`You broke my wrist!' Police sued for taking down wrong man

This guy had to be doing something to draw the attention of the officer which is not in this story or the OP. They don't shoot people at random either unless there is a threat of serious bodily harm or death to the officer.

He had his back turned towards him entering his own house. I can't imagine there being much of a risk.

Ex-South Carolina cop who shot fleeing Walter Scott in the back sentenced to 20 years in prison

I always read posts from last to first when I join a topic late, so maybe somebody posted info I didn't see yet. But both pieces said there was a verbal altercation before the shooting. I live in the same state as this guy. I went through the same class as he did. You are trained that if you are armed and addressed by a police officer, the first thing out of your mouth is to inform the officer you are indeed armed and have a license. You keep your hands away from your gun, and follow instructions from the officer. You don't argue or fight with a police officer when armed ever. You just obey all commands at that point.

I won't make judgement as of yet because there are a lot of pieces of the puzzle missing. But something tells me this is a justified shooting.

No surprise there.
You magnify the infinitely small number of questionable shootings and ignore the real problem, crime and Blacks shooting each other every day in Chicago, Minneapolis, Detroit, St. Louis, Oakland, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Etc. Propaganda parrot.

When someone commits a crime they are prosecuted. The problem is those who commit a crime but are not prosecuted.
Yes, they are prosecuted. That's what a Grand Jury is for. You've already admitted that you aren't civilized. That's why you're anti law and order.

I'm not the one who has routinely made excuses for things like perjury and murder.
Yes, you definitely are. You admitted that you don't care about innocent citizens getting killed by thugs and gangs. You admitted that you don't care about the killing in Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, St. Louis, etc.

If I did, I am no different than you.
Oh, we're very different. I believe bad cops should be punished if they're found guilty by a jury after all the evidence is presented. On the other hand, you don't care about the truth, and you dont care about innocent citizens being gunned down by thugs. You hate civilization, period. Perhaps you're mentally ill.

Forum List

Back