23 Yr Old Shot In The Back By Ohio Sherrif's Deputy

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Casey Goodson, 23, was fatally shot by a 17-year veteran of the Franklin County Sheriff's Department, identified as deputy Jason Meade, working for the US Marshal's fugitive task force looking for violent offenders Friday. The victim was not the person being sought by the US Marshal's Task Force, Columbus Police said -- the state's criminal investigations bureau declined to look into the case due to a three-day delay in police calling for assistance."

Basically, a sheriff's deputy reported seeing a man with a gun and went to confront him; there was a verbal exchange and then shots were fired...no other officers witnessed the shooting and there is no body cam footage...Goodman was returning home from a Subway sandwich shop, still carrying the sandwich in his hand when he was shot thru his front door -- where he fell into the kitchen in front of his 5 yr old brother and grandmother...his keys were still left in the front door....

The main question the family has is; why would the police even be confronting Goodson if Ohio is an open carry state and Goodson was legally carrying a weapon since he has a concealed carry license?

"Casey Goodson, 23, was fatally shot by a 17-year veteran of the Franklin County Sheriff's Department, identified as deputy Jason Meade, working for the US Marshal's fugitive task force looking for violent offenders Friday. The victim was not the person being sought by the US Marshal's Task Force, Columbus Police said -- the state's criminal investigations bureau declined to look into the case due to a three-day delay in police calling for assistance."

Basically, a sheriff's deputy reported seeing a man with a gun and went to confront him; there was a verbal exchange and then shots were fired...no other officers witnessed the shooting and there is no body cam footage...Goodman was returning home from a Subway sandwich shop, still carrying the sandwich in his hand when he was shot thru his front door -- where he fell into the kitchen in front of his 5 yr old brother and grandmother...his keys were still left in the front door....

The main question the family has is; why would the police even be confronting Goodson if Ohio is an open carry state and Goodson was legally carrying a weapon since he has a concealed carry license?
the probable answer is that the Black Brain Disease strikes again

BBD is an often fatal virus that affects black people raised by pop culture to believe that they do not have to cooperate with the police if they feel wronged or become angry

raw.png

This is CNN "news", you can bet the real story will come along any time soon...

Why is exercising your constitutional rights a stupid decision??

Because we live in the real world and a black man open-carrying is just asking for trouble. I'd know better and wouldn't want to get killed by police like this guy did.

Self preservation.

There are always circumstances that are not emphasized. Did he try to flee? Was there and verbal enlargement with the police? Did he get physical? The story says there was reportedly a verbal exchange prior to the shooting.

Why do many young people, especially young black people think they don't have to obey commands given by a law-enforcement officer? Getting mouthy with the police is pretty stupid, as that tends to make them a little nervous.

I carry a weapon every day and have been pulled over a few times while carrying. I always have my driver's license and concealed carry card in my hand when the officer walks up to the window, with the other hand in plain view.

If people would use a little common sense, they wouldn't be getting shot by the police. If the guy was shot in the back, that means he was either walking or running away, and the police already knew he had a weapon.

Because we live in the real world and a black man open-carrying is just asking for trouble. I'd know better and wouldn't want to get killed by police like this guy did.

Self preservation.
Which is why this man is a true hero......
_00-rac008 (213).jpg

Can't let fear cower you into not exercising your rights...that fear is what allows the bullshit to perpetuate itself.....

There are always circumstances that are not emphasized. Did he try to flee? Was there and verbal enlargement with the police? Did he get physical? The story says there was reportedly a verbal exchange prior to the shooting.

Why do many young people, especially young black people think they don't have to obey commands given by a law-enforcement officer? Getting mouthy with the police is pretty stupid, as that tends to make them a little nervous.

I carry a weapon every day and have been pulled over a few times while carrying. I always have my driver's license and concealed carry card in my hand when the officer walks up to the window, with the other hand in plain view.

If people would use a little common sense, they wouldn't be getting shot by the police. If the guy was shot in the back, that means he was either walking or running away, and the police already knew he had a weapon.
He had a concealed license -- which means he had the forethought to go thru all the legal steps to LEGALLY obtain a weapon.....

In an open carry state, he should have not even been confronted by the police....

But its always the same with you dic sucking authoritarians, whenever its a white guy with an assault rifle -- he can freely walk right by police even tho those police are responding to a shooting....

Can't let fear cower you into not exercising your rights...that fear is what allows the bullshit to perpetuate itself.....

Somebody else can be a martyr. I'd rather be alive.
The martyrs have already bled -- and guess what, black folks have the same constitutional rights as everyone else...

Or are you claiming that whole BLM movement has a legitimate point and there actually is systemic racism?

Self preservation.
Which is why this man is a true hero......
View attachment 426512

Defending themselves against "white racists", when it's mostly black people they need to worry about? Almost 700 people shot and killed in Chicago this year. Most of them were black.

Only 6 of those were shot by police.

Chicago Crime, Murder & Mayhem | Criminal Infographics | HeyJackass!

It's pretty obvious that "white racists" and not even the police, are your problem.

.....the facts show whites use them MUCH better ....blacks murder at FOUR times the rate--that's not even counting non-fatal shootings

Could that have anything to do with black people being a lot more impoverished on average? Poverty tends to breed ignorance and desperation.

Forum List

Back