23 Yr Old Shot In The Back By Ohio Sherrif's Deputy

No it isn't. The article explains why.

Yes, it is. A Grand Jury only decides if there is a crime committed to bring it to trial. The Grand Jury is not a trial, it's more like a pretrial. There is no judge, there are no defense lawyers. It's the prosecutor, the jury, and the person in question, sometimes witnesses, and that's it. And what they decided is that the video evidence provided showed that Rice was pulling the gun out of his pants, warranting the officer to shoot.

They were never allowed to vote.

The body wasn't even cold before the lies by the police started.

Columbus police have said that Meade was working on behalf of the U.S. Marshals Service Fugitive Task Force when the shooting occurred. But Tobin contradicted that claim in his Friday statement, writing that "U.S. Marshals task force operations had concluded, and the officer was acting on his own and in his independent authority as a Franklin County Sheriff's Deputy within his home jurisdiction when he encountered Mr. Goodson, and throughout the subsequent incident leading to Mr. Goodson's death."

Columbus mayor criticizes U.S. Marshal for "inappropriate, uninformed" statement on Casey Goodson Jr. shooting

It seems the statement that he was "waving a gun out of his car" is no longer being supported either.

Nor is the idea that he came home with only one sub. And the police wonder why people no longer trust them. Stop lying.

First reports are always inaccurate. What I don't understand about this story is nobody seems to know if he had a gun. Cops don't stop people at random to harass them.

Of course they do.

`You broke my wrist!' Police sued for taking down wrong man

This guy had to be doing something to draw the attention of the officer which is not in this story or the OP. They don't shoot people at random either unless there is a threat of serious bodily harm or death to the officer.

He had his back turned towards him entering his own house. I can't imagine there being much of a risk.

Ex-South Carolina cop who shot fleeing Walter Scott in the back sentenced to 20 years in prison

I always read posts from last to first when I join a topic late, so maybe somebody posted info I didn't see yet. But both pieces said there was a verbal altercation before the shooting. I live in the same state as this guy. I went through the same class as he did. You are trained that if you are armed and addressed by a police officer, the first thing out of your mouth is to inform the officer you are indeed armed and have a license. You keep your hands away from your gun, and follow instructions from the officer. You don't argue or fight with a police officer when armed ever. You just obey all commands at that point.

I won't make judgement as of yet because there are a lot of pieces of the puzzle missing. But something tells me this is a justified shooting.

No surprise there.
You magnify the infinitely small number of questionable shootings and ignore the real problem, crime and Blacks shooting each other every day in Chicago, Minneapolis, Detroit, St. Louis, Oakland, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Etc. Propaganda parrot.

When someone commits a crime they are prosecuted. The problem is those who commit a crime but are not prosecuted.
Yes, they are prosecuted. That's what a Grand Jury is for. You've already admitted that you aren't civilized. That's why you're anti law and order.

I'm not the one who has routinely made excuses for things like perjury and murder.
Yes, you definitely are. You admitted that you don't care about innocent citizens getting killed by thugs and gangs. You admitted that you don't care about the killing in Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, St. Louis, etc.

If I did, I am no different than you.
Oh, we're very different. I believe bad cops should be punished if they're found guilty by a jury after all the evidence is presented. On the other hand, you don't care about the truth, and you dont care about innocent citizens being gunned down by thugs. You hate civilization, period. Perhaps you're mentally ill.

In both the Tamir Rice case and the Breonna Taylor case we know the evidence was provided but then the juries never got a chance to vote on guilty or not. In both cases the jurors felt a need to expose the lies of the District Attorneys. Both threw away their careers to do so. Not many are going to want to do that going forward.
Okay, so where is the link to the source for that information. Otherwise, you're delusional and possibly mentally ill.

It was already provided. Read the links.
Bullshit

Yes, it is. A Grand Jury only decides if there is a crime committed to bring it to trial. The Grand Jury is not a trial, it's more like a pretrial. There is no judge, there are no defense lawyers. It's the prosecutor, the jury, and the person in question, sometimes witnesses, and that's it. And what they decided is that the video evidence provided showed that Rice was pulling the gun out of his pants, warranting the officer to shoot.

Prove it.

Columbus police have said that Meade was working on behalf of the U.S. Marshals Service Fugitive Task Force when the shooting occurred. But Tobin contradicted that claim in his Friday statement, writing that "U.S. Marshals task force operations had concluded, and the officer was acting on his own and in his independent authority as a Franklin County Sheriff's Deputy within his home jurisdiction when he encountered Mr. Goodson, and throughout the subsequent incident leading to Mr. Goodson's death."

Columbus mayor criticizes U.S. Marshal for "inappropriate, uninformed" statement on Casey Goodson Jr. shooting

It seems the statement that he was "waving a gun out of his car" is no longer being supported either.

Nor is the idea that he came home with only one sub. And the police wonder why people no longer trust them. Stop lying.

First reports are always inaccurate. What I don't understand about this story is nobody seems to know if he had a gun. Cops don't stop people at random to harass them.

Of course they do.

This guy had to be doing something to draw the attention of the officer which is not in this story or the OP. They don't shoot people at random either unless there is a threat of serious bodily harm or death to the officer.

He had his back turned towards him entering his own house. I can't imagine there being much of a risk.

Ex-South Carolina cop who shot fleeing Walter Scott in the back sentenced to 20 years in prison

I always read posts from last to first when I join a topic late, so maybe somebody posted info I didn't see yet. But both pieces said there was a verbal altercation before the shooting. I live in the same state as this guy. I went through the same class as he did. You are trained that if you are armed and addressed by a police officer, the first thing out of your mouth is to inform the officer you are indeed armed and have a license. You keep your hands away from your gun, and follow instructions from the officer. You don't argue or fight with a police officer when armed ever. You just obey all commands at that point.

I won't make judgement as of yet because there are a lot of pieces of the puzzle missing. But something tells me this is a justified shooting.

No surprise there.
You magnify the infinitely small number of questionable shootings and ignore the real problem, crime and Blacks shooting each other every day in Chicago, Minneapolis, Detroit, St. Louis, Oakland, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Etc. Propaganda parrot.

When someone commits a crime they are prosecuted. The problem is those who commit a crime but are not prosecuted.
Yes, they are prosecuted. That's what a Grand Jury is for. You've already admitted that you aren't civilized. That's why you're anti law and order.

I'm not the one who has routinely made excuses for things like perjury and murder.
Yes, you definitely are. You admitted that you don't care about innocent citizens getting killed by thugs and gangs. You admitted that you don't care about the killing in Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, St. Louis, etc.

Oh, we're very different. I believe bad cops should be punished if they're found guilty by a jury after all the evidence is presented. On the other hand, you don't care about the truth, and you dont care about innocent citizens being gunned down by thugs. You hate civilization, period. Perhaps you're mentally ill.

In both the Tamir Rice case and the Breonna Taylor case we know the evidence was provided but then the juries never got a chance to vote on guilty or not. In both cases the jurors felt a need to expose the lies of the District Attorneys. Both threw away their careers to do so. Not many are going to want to do that going forward.
Okay, so where is the link to the source for that information. Otherwise, you're delusional and possibly mentally ill.

Bullshit

Can't read? I don't think I can provide pictures.

Prove it.

I already did. Read.

"Casey Goodson, 23, was fatally shot by a 17-year veteran of the Franklin County Sheriff's Department, identified as deputy Jason Meade, working for the US Marshal's fugitive task force looking for violent offenders Friday. The victim was not the person being sought by the US Marshal's Task Force, Columbus Police said -- the state's criminal investigations bureau declined to look into the case due to a three-day delay in police calling for assistance."

Basically, a sheriff's deputy reported seeing a man with a gun and went to confront him; there was a verbal exchange and then shots were fired...no other officers witnessed the shooting and there is no body cam footage...Goodman was returning home from a Subway sandwich shop, still carrying the sandwich in his hand when he was shot thru his front door -- where he fell into the kitchen in front of his 5 yr old brother and grandmother...his keys were still left in the front door....

The main question the family has is; why would the police even be confronting Goodson if Ohio is an open carry state and Goodson was legally carrying a weapon since he has a concealed carry license?
Let’s wait until we hear from a real news source before jumping to any conclusions. Because 99 times out of 100 it always turns out the “innocent black guy” was a complete thug.
He had a CCW permit. (Doesn't seem to be in question.) Therefore, he isn't a criminal.

Of course they do.

No surprise there.

Bullshit

Can't read? I don't think I can provide pictures.
You're a liar.

"Casey Goodson, 23, was fatally shot by a 17-year veteran of the Franklin County Sheriff's Department, identified as deputy Jason Meade, working for the US Marshal's fugitive task force looking for violent offenders Friday. The victim was not the person being sought by the US Marshal's Task Force, Columbus Police said -- the state's criminal investigations bureau declined to look into the case due to a three-day delay in police calling for assistance."

Basically, a sheriff's deputy reported seeing a man with a gun and went to confront him; there was a verbal exchange and then shots were fired...no other officers witnessed the shooting and there is no body cam footage...Goodman was returning home from a Subway sandwich shop, still carrying the sandwich in his hand when he was shot thru his front door -- where he fell into the kitchen in front of his 5 yr old brother and grandmother...his keys were still left in the front door....

The main question the family has is; why would the police even be confronting Goodson if Ohio is an open carry state and Goodson was legally carrying a weapon since he has a concealed carry license?
Let’s wait until we hear from a real news source before jumping to any conclusions. Because 99 times out of 100 it always turns out the “innocent black guy” was a complete thug.
He had a CCW permit. (Doesn't seem to be in question.) Therefore, he isn't a criminal.
If he was brandishing and threatening anyone, it would. A CCW doesn’t give permission to commit other crimes.

Forum List

Back