23 Yr Old Shot In The Back By Ohio Sherrif's Deputy

The body wasn't even cold before the lies by the police started.

Columbus police have said that Meade was working on behalf of the U.S. Marshals Service Fugitive Task Force when the shooting occurred. But Tobin contradicted that claim in his Friday statement, writing that "U.S. Marshals task force operations had concluded, and the officer was acting on his own and in his independent authority as a Franklin County Sheriff's Deputy within his home jurisdiction when he encountered Mr. Goodson, and throughout the subsequent incident leading to Mr. Goodson's death."

Columbus mayor criticizes U.S. Marshal for "inappropriate, uninformed" statement on Casey Goodson Jr. shooting

It seems the statement that he was "waving a gun out of his car" is no longer being supported either.

Nor is the idea that he came home with only one sub. And the police wonder why people no longer trust them. Stop lying.

Columbus police have said that Meade was working on behalf of the U.S. Marshals Service Fugitive Task Force when the shooting occurred. But Tobin contradicted that claim in his Friday statement, writing that "U.S. Marshals task force operations had concluded, and the officer was acting on his own and in his independent authority as a Franklin County Sheriff's Deputy within his home jurisdiction when he encountered Mr. Goodson, and throughout the subsequent incident leading to Mr. Goodson's death."

Columbus mayor criticizes U.S. Marshal for "inappropriate, uninformed" statement on Casey Goodson Jr. shooting

It seems the statement that he was "waving a gun out of his car" is no longer being supported either.

Nor is the idea that he came home with only one sub. And the police wonder why people no longer trust them. Stop lying.

First reports are always inaccurate. What I don't understand about this story is nobody seems to know if he had a gun. Cops don't stop people at random to harass them. This guy had to be doing something to draw the attention of the officer which is not in this story or the OP. They don't shoot people at random either unless there is a threat of serious bodily harm or death to the officer.

I always read posts from last to first when I join a topic late, so maybe somebody posted info I didn't see yet. But both pieces said there was a verbal altercation before the shooting. I live in the same state as this guy. I went through the same class as he did. You are trained that if you are armed and addressed by a police officer, the first thing out of your mouth is to inform the officer you are indeed armed and have a license. You keep your hands away from your gun, and follow instructions from the officer. You don't argue or fight with a police officer when armed ever. You just obey all commands at that point.

I won't make judgement as of yet because there are a lot of pieces of the puzzle missing. But something tells me this is a justified shooting.

Probably had Skittles too. Another dead thug is a good thing.

I doubt he is a thug. To get a CCW in our state, they check your background since you turned 18 years of age. I just renewed my license this past June when it expired. They electronically fingerprint you all over again.

There was no evidence he had pot. Only that he had smoked it at some point. Many legal gun owners smoke pot.
Thats enough to makes carrying the gun illegal

As I pointed out already I suspect Casey Goodson was shot because he refused to cooperate with the police which created a dangerous situation

He had no reason to cooperate. Funny coming from those who cry out to not cooperate with things like mask laws. Of course unless you are black then you better.

Cooperating with a police officer isn't an option, it's the law. If this guy was carrying a gun, he was obligated to cooperate with the officer whether he was doing something wrong or not.

Shot in the back multiple times. This backs the families story that he was walking into his own home.

Lawyer says autopsy shows Casey Goodson was shot in back ‘multiple times’
Dont believe everything that a lawyer tells you

It doesn't matter where he was shot. When a police officer tells you to freeze, you do exactly that. This guy could have a gun down the front of his pants, could pull it out without the officer being able to see, turn around and kill the officer.

First reports are always inaccurate. What I don't understand about this story is nobody seems to know if he had a gun. Cops don't stop people at random to harass them.

Of course they do.

`You broke my wrist!' Police sued for taking down wrong man

This guy had to be doing something to draw the attention of the officer which is not in this story or the OP. They don't shoot people at random either unless there is a threat of serious bodily harm or death to the officer.

He had his back turned towards him entering his own house. I can't imagine there being much of a risk.

Ex-South Carolina cop who shot fleeing Walter Scott in the back sentenced to 20 years in prison

I always read posts from last to first when I join a topic late, so maybe somebody posted info I didn't see yet. But both pieces said there was a verbal altercation before the shooting. I live in the same state as this guy. I went through the same class as he did. You are trained that if you are armed and addressed by a police officer, the first thing out of your mouth is to inform the officer you are indeed armed and have a license. You keep your hands away from your gun, and follow instructions from the officer. You don't argue or fight with a police officer when armed ever. You just obey all commands at that point.

I won't make judgement as of yet because there are a lot of pieces of the puzzle missing. But something tells me this is a justified shooting.

No surprise there.

Shot in the back multiple times. This backs the families story that he was walking into his own home.

Lawyer says autopsy shows Casey Goodson was shot in back ‘multiple times’
Dont believe everything that a lawyer tells you

It doesn't matter where he was shot. When a police officer tells you to freeze, you do exactly that. This guy could have a gun down the front of his pants, could pull it out without the officer being able to see, turn around and kill the officer.

He very well could have. Legally he was permitted to do just that.

First reports are always inaccurate. What I don't understand about this story is nobody seems to know if he had a gun. Cops don't stop people at random to harass them.

Of course they do.

This guy had to be doing something to draw the attention of the officer which is not in this story or the OP. They don't shoot people at random either unless there is a threat of serious bodily harm or death to the officer.

He had his back turned towards him entering his own house. I can't imagine there being much of a risk.

Ex-South Carolina cop who shot fleeing Walter Scott in the back sentenced to 20 years in prison

No surprise there.
You magnify the infinitely small number of questionable shootings and ignore the real problem, crime and Blacks shooting each other every day in Chicago, Minneapolis, Detroit, St. Louis, Oakland, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Etc. Propaganda parrot.

Of course they do.

No surprise there.
You magnify the infinitely small number of questionable shootings and ignore the real problem, crime and Blacks shooting each other every day in Chicago, Minneapolis, Detroit, St. Louis, Oakland, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Etc. Propaganda parrot.

When someone commits a crime they are prosecuted. The problem is those who commit a crime but are not prosecuted.

Of course they do.

No surprise there.

When someone commits a crime they are prosecuted. The problem is those who commit a crime but are not prosecuted.
Yes, they are prosecuted. That's what a Grand Jury is for. You've already admitted that you aren't civilized. That's why you're anti law and order.

He very well could have. Legally he was permitted to do just that.
Do what?

Turn around and kill the officer?

no, he did not have the right to do that

no wonder so many black people have the Black Brain Disease when Typhoid Mary’s like you infect them with lies

When you have to resort to just making things up..................................

Of course they do.

No surprise there.

Yes, they are prosecuted. That's what a Grand Jury is for. You've already admitted that you aren't civilized. That's why you're anti law and order.

I'm not the one who has routinely made excuses for things like perjury and murder.

Forum List

Back