$22.62 minimum wage!

Really a minimum wage of $22.62, even the suggested $15.00 an hour for fast food employees would make eating at McDonald as pricey as eating at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. I believe that Pop23 made an excellent point, the blow back from more skilled workers demanding more money would set off a a major labor problem for all companies.

Let's talk about the real problem, the worth of the US Dollar:
The computations in the calculator are based on the annual Consumer Price Indices (CPI) from 1913 through 2012, which are published by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

For the salary example, the conversion of the 2007 salary to 1970 dollars is done using the following procedure:

2007 Salary in 1970 dollars = 2007 salary * (1970 CPI / 2007 CPI)
2007 Salary in 1970 dollars = 200000 * (38.8 / 207.3)
2007 Salary in 1970 dollars = $37,433.67

The conversion of the 1970 salary to 2007 dollars is done using the following procedure:

1970 Salary in 2007 dollars = 1970 salary * (2007 CPI / 1970 CPI)
1970 Salary in 2007 dollars = 50000 * (207.3 / 38.8)
1970 Salary in 2007 dollars = $267,139.18

Purchasing Power Calculator - See How Inflation Erodes Your Purchasing Power

If you want to use CPI as a factor

Deadly Flaws In Major Market Indicators

Hey OnePercentActiveBrainCeller!

How much does Organizing For America (formerly known as the Obama Campaign) pay its interns?

What is living wage?

Needing a roof over your head, needing clothes and needing food, those are the essentials. So what is living wage? Has the far left ever answered that question?

25k a year minimum for every person. Why answer it? Some retarded capitalist fuck would just whine bitch and complain about making sure their slaves were getting paid a decent wage.

Great idea

Now go find someone making less than 25k per year, and from your pay give them enough to meet the minimum. If you are still over 25k at that point find another and another until all are equal

Enough people do that and the problem is solved

Glad I could be of help

Why would anyone pay that amount for laborers with no skill and who are available by the tens of thousands?

You should move to Venezuela.

well, if they did they might be working for a biz that the latest nitwit down there has declared illegal etc. and then theres that milk , toilet paper and lighting issue, there many not be a whole lot of that......and of course that 23 bucks an hour will only buy 3 dollars worth...:eusa_whistle:

What is living wage?

Needing a roof over your head, needing clothes and needing food, those are the essentials. So what is living wage? Has the far left ever answered that question?

25k a year minimum for every person. Why answer it? Some retarded capitalist fuck would just whine bitch and complain about making sure their slaves were getting paid a decent wage.

Great idea

Now go find someone making less than 25k per year, and from your pay give them enough to meet the minimum. If you are still over 25k at that point find another and another until all are equal

Glad I could be of help

Funny how they never think of that on their own?

What is living wage?

Great idea

Glad I could be of help
Hm let's see. I make 725$ a month wife makes ohhh maybe 1400$ so 2,125$ a month between the 2 of us equals 25,500$ and she just started this job in August. So OK I can give 500$ to someone..between needing a new vehicle,finding a better place to rent and paying for kids Christmas sure it won't be a problem. How about you snobby fucks making more than 50k a year dish some out OR here is a good idea lets take the Waltons for example who were born into wealth and are worth more than 40% of the rest of the country and split up their wealth to the workers they shit on every single day and force onto welfare which WE PAY FOR!

Great idea

Glad I could be of help
Hm let's see. I make 725$ a month wife makes ohhh maybe 1400$ so 2,125$ a month between the 2 of us equals 25,500$ and she just started this job in August. So OK I can give 500$ to someone..between needing a new vehicle,finding a better place to rent and paying for kids Christmas sure it won't be a problem. How about you snobby fucks making more than 50k a year dish some out OR here is a good idea lets take the Waltons for example who were born into wealth and are worth more than 40% of the rest of the country and split up their wealth to the workers they shit on every single day and force onto welfare which WE PAY FOR!

That's the spirit! So you're in for $500 plus what you make on your second job.

Nice start, now let's find a few more progressives and get this party started!

Great idea

Glad I could be of help

Why bother? You'll piss it away in a couple of years anyway. That's the problem with whiners like you. I was born poor. Very poor. Like I lived in a truck for a few years in the 1950's. I went to school and worked my way through college. What the fuck have you done to better yourself? Why should I give you money that I earned? Hmmm?

I help people all of the time. But you want to know who I help? People who are trying to better themselves that's who. I have sent 5 girls to college who could never have afforded it. I supported one young man all the way through grad school and now he's paying that forward and helping others like I helped him.

THOSE people DESERVE our help.

YOU don't.

More like $23.50/hr

Yea, I too hate people with little education, low IQs, physical limitations, or no working experience. Fuck those assholes, they should be prevented from working by a minimum wage. We need more people on the dole dammit! I'm right there with you comrade.

I also support the increase in the price of goods that minimum wage causes, especially since it tends to be the very goods the people on minimum wage must buy to survive. Awesome! Just like you, I too hate poor people.

More central planning of the economy, what could be better?!

spacer.gif

1456649_789435251083550_728415013_n.png

In other words, you've got nothing. :lol:

Rather than counter the awful reality of of how minimum wage effects the most vulnerable in our society, you give us this shit. Afraid to address the points raised apparently. How typical. How sad for you.

What is living wage?

You are free to start your own business and pay your employees whatever wage you like. Good luck, I'm sure it will be a smashing success.

The robotic technology already exists to make/flip burgers and drop frozen fries into the fryer and remove/wrap/bag/serve.
The only reason it isn't in common use by now is a political one.
If for some ludicrous reason the min. wage should go up over twenty bucks you will be seeing two employees per shift at McDonalds instead of twenty illiterates. Both of them will have degrees in computer science specializing in robotics and will be making 80 bucks an hour.

What is living wage?

You are free to start your own business and pay your employees whatever wage you like. Good luck, I'm sure it will be a smashing success.

No thanks. No interest in starting my own business. I will continue to make capitalist scum such as yourself pay slaves a decent wage so we the taxpayers have to help them pay to live decently. Either way you pay for it. I could never own a business I would get sued by some negro or faggot for refusing their service.

What is living wage?

Dear NS can you please help? I got an urgent PM on another site from a friend of a friend in SWEDEN. he says he just lost a job application to an UNPAID INTERN because the govt there set up "phase 3" unpaid positions to make people work for free while there are not enough jobs to employ everyone. But here, the govt program COMPETED with someone who could have taken a paid job. They are paying companies to hire immigrants over native Swedes.

Do you have any contacts that can help? do you know any group in Sweden?

he needs to find a paid job, or else he has to move away looking for work, such as Norway where the Swedish displaced by immigrants are taking jobs from them! everyone undercuts each other, competing to work for less money, displacing more people.

he says the political parties trying to do things are labeled as racist and attacked and people get killed so he is afraid to get involved in politics which is growing dangerous.

he is 22 and just wants a job

I told him we should start a "Rosa Parks" type movement around him, refusing to give up his chance at work to some unpaid intern through the govt program. and OUT the issue!

He just doesn't want to get himself clobbered if he get involved in any political statement

Great idea

Glad I could be of help

Why bother? You'll piss it away in a couple of years anyway. That's the problem with whiners like you. I was born poor. Very poor. Like I lived in a truck for a few years in the 1950's. I went to school and worked my way through college. What the fuck have you done to better yourself? Why should I give you money that I earned? Hmmm?

I help people all of the time. But you want to know who I help? People who are trying to better themselves that's who. I have sent 5 girls to college who could never have afforded it. I supported one young man all the way through grad school and now he's paying that forward and helping others like I helped him.

YOU don't.

I was born poor and raised poor, very poor, as a child we were mostly homeless at a time when there were no provided benefits for the poor.

I don't help the poor. I would not help someone bleeding in the gutter if I had the last bandaid between here and Jupiter. Helping the poor means helping them to stay poor and become more creatively poor. Growing up poor, sleeping in the streets, eating out of garbage cans taught me a special kind of hate for the do-gooders who enabled us to stay that poor. We might have gone on that way forever, if it had not been for one cruel and inhumane man who didn't help, didn't give us food or shelter but instead went to the police and stayed to smile in court when the Judge ordered me removed from my parents custody.

YOU don't.

I was born poor and raised poor, very poor, as a child we were mostly homeless at a time when there were no provided benefits for the poor.

I don't help the poor. I would not help someone bleeding in the gutter if I had the last bandaid between here and Jupiter. Helping the poor means helping them to stay poor and become more creatively poor. Growing up poor, sleeping in the streets, eating out of garbage cans taught me a special kind of hate for the do-gooders who enabled us to stay that poor. We might have gone on that way forever, if it had not been for one cruel and inhumane man who didn't help, didn't give us food or shelter but instead went to the police and stayed to smile in court when the Judge ordered me removed from my parents custody.

Perfect example of a capitalist right there. The poor should be helped and workers should not be exploited by employers. That's why NS is the best system.

What a high minimum wage does is lock out all entry level workers. Someone who gets a job at 17 mopping floors and emptying trash in a fast food joint and makes enough money to support his family on minimum wage locks into that job and never moves up. There is no entry level job available for the next 17 year old. This is what is happening in Europe where the unemployment rate for entry level workers is above 30%.

A high minimum wage destroys incentive, why bother moving on if you are comfortable where you are?

Please explain why you think 'minimum' locks people out of 'better than minimum'. I don't think you're being logical.

No thanks. No interest in starting my own business. I will continue to make capitalist scum such as yourself pay slaves a decent wage so we the taxpayers have to help them pay to live decently. Either way you pay for it. I could never own a business I would get sued by some negro or faggot for refusing their service.

How's that been working out for you so far, Comrade JOOOOOO hater?

Want a better life? Get off welfare, you fuckwad.

Forum List

Back