214,000 Jobs Added in October, UE Rate Down To 5.8%

Gas is down and thats bad

Unemployment is down and thats not good
Actually no, you provided only skepticism
No, you interpreted only skepticism, I simply asked some valid questions, offered examples and made comments referring to both sides using numbers for political purposes.

Yeah I interpreted skepticism because it was skepticism. I didnt mention anything about one side or the other. I simply stated that your skepticism doesnt allow you to believe anything therefore you question everything. Both sides use number for their purpose is a true statement. Whats not clear is what you do believe...so it allows you to have "valid questions" based on that skepticism

Your partisanship is showing, you think I'm attacking Obama and the Dems, you're locked in the us vs them paradigm and can't see how anyone else is not........
Instead of comparing you (appropriately) to your far right demagogic opponents out of hand I'll give you a hint; If the economy had fully recovered under Obama and the Dems I'd be ecstatic because I don't care who's in power at the time. I don't believe either side has or can do much to affect the recovery, it's primarily economic cycles.

Well this is about the employment numbers being down. You dont believe it. So that means you have to be talking about (in this instance) the Dems, correct? You'll probably say no to remain flexible
I never said I didn't believe the numbers were down, you said I did (inference, interpretation), making my point........ Thank you. :thup:

You dont have to say it directly you implied it...Theres no other reason to say both parties play with the numbers for their political purposes.
Keep grasping at straws, it's what you hacks do best. :thup:

Your language aint that slick, slick

Don't Be Fooled by the Unemployent Rate - Obama's Slight of Hand As has been explained dozens of times....and as everyone knows..... the reason the Unemployment Rate has been dropping is for the WRONG REASON. It's not dropping because Obama's policies have generated so many jobs....it has dropped because so many people have dropped out of the pool of people COUNTED

No, you interpreted only skepticism, I simply asked some valid questions, offered examples and made comments referring to both sides using numbers for political purposes.

Yeah I interpreted skepticism because it was skepticism. I didnt mention anything about one side or the other. I simply stated that your skepticism doesnt allow you to believe anything therefore you question everything. Both sides use number for their purpose is a true statement. Whats not clear is what you do believe...so it allows you to have "valid questions" based on that skepticism

Your partisanship is showing, you think I'm attacking Obama and the Dems, you're locked in the us vs them paradigm and can't see how anyone else is not........
Instead of comparing you (appropriately) to your far right demagogic opponents out of hand I'll give you a hint; If the economy had fully recovered under Obama and the Dems I'd be ecstatic because I don't care who's in power at the time. I don't believe either side has or can do much to affect the recovery, it's primarily economic cycles.

Well this is about the employment numbers being down. You dont believe it. So that means you have to be talking about (in this instance) the Dems, correct? You'll probably say no to remain flexible
I never said I didn't believe the numbers were down, you said I did (inference, interpretation), making my point........ Thank you. :thup:

You dont have to say it directly you implied it...Theres no other reason to say both parties play with the numbers for their political purposes.

If you weren't reading into you'd realize the context, it was a simple statement, not specifically applied to this current jobs report but applied in general. If you had actually read what I said you'd realize I applauded the fact jobs were created and that my thought direction was based on the fact that partisan pundits use these numbers to make political points without looking at the situation in the whole.
Granted I probably didn't put it in a way the someone like you would understand but you appear to be the only one who took it wrong and ran with it. Go figure........

Job creation is not even keeping up with population growth.
The Employment-Population Ration went from 59% to 59.2%. The Population went up by 211,000, but Employed went up by 683,000

That was incredibly lazy of you to just make a claim without bothering to check to see if you were right.

Boedicca never cares about facts

You wouldn't recognize a fact even if it gave you an atomic wedgie.

Don't Be Fooled by the Unemployent Rate - Obama's Slight of Hand As has been explained dozens of times....and as everyone knows..... the reason the Unemployment Rate has been dropping is for the WRONG REASON. It's not dropping because Obama's policies have generated so many jobs....it has dropped because so many people have dropped out of the pool of people COUNTED
Employed Sept: 146,600,000
Employed Oct: 147,283,000
Change: +683,000

Unemployed Sept: 9,262,000
Unemployed Oct: 8,995,000
Change: -267,000

Labor Force (Employed plus unemployed):
Sept: 155,862,000
Oct: 156,278,000
Change: +416,000

So, perhaps you'd like to revise your statement.

If you weren't reading into you'd realize the context, it was a simple statement, not specifically applied to this current jobs report but applied in general.

You talk a lot...I know and I'm sure your skepticism applies to many different areas

If you had actually read what I said you'd realize I applauded the fact jobs were created and that my thought direction was based on the fact that partisan pundits use these numbers to make political points without looking at the situation in the whole.

You talk a lot and you repeat yourself a lot too. No one is confused by what you just said.

Granted I probably didn't put it in a way the someone like you would understand but you appear to be the only one who took it wrong and ran with it. Go figure........

I didnt take it wrong. See, if I had it wrong you would've said how I was wrong but you didnt. See?

If you weren't reading into you'd realize the context, it was a simple statement, not specifically applied to this current jobs report but applied in general.

You talk a lot...I know and I'm sure your skepticism applies to many different areas

If you had actually read what I said you'd realize I applauded the fact jobs were created and that my thought direction was based on the fact that partisan pundits use these numbers to make political points without looking at the situation in the whole.

You talk a lot and you repeat yourself a lot too. No one is confused by what you just said.

I didnt take it wrong. See, if I had it wrong you would've said how I was wrong but you didnt. See?
I just showed how you got it wrong, again you ignored it. I'm beginning to think you're simply trying to start a fight.
Hell, at least one other tried to tell you my questions were valid and appeared to understand what I was getting at.
Well, there's no arguing with a demagog..... No matter what I say it's obvious you have no intention of believing it. Have a nice day.

Job creation is not even keeping up with population growth. And if Obama uses an EO to grant Amnesty, population growth will increase and make this anemic job growth even more inadequate.

MopenFail!
Actually job creation is about double what is needed to keep up with population growth.

That's all fine and good but where were those jobs created?
We won't know that for a couple of weeks. This is just the National Level, and it will take some more time for the State, Local, and Metropolitan level numbers to come out (21 November for Regional and State level, 9 December for Metropolitan level)

What type of jobs were they? Most of the big metropolitan cities have fared quite well were as the vast majority of smaller cities and towns are still reeling from the economic bust of 2008.
Here's the breakdown by industry: Table B-1. Employees on nonfarm payrolls by industry sector and selected industry detail
Here's my point, some people are claiming the economy is improving overall, it isn't, overall.
Case in point; I live out west in Southern Colorado, Denver is thriving, Colorado Springs has stopped imploding for now but I just noted another large listing of pre-foreclosures. Walsenburg and Trinidad have almost completely imploded losing half of their jobs and populations. Head into New Mexico, same thing to include Albuquerque (a major metropolitan city) which has yet to stop imploding and we need not even mention Arizona and Nevada which are both far from economic recovery.
Sounds like the people in those areas need to pick themselves up by their bootstraps.
How can they? According to Obama those boot straps don't belong to them. They didn't create them, someone else did.

We won't know that for a couple of weeks. This is just the National Level, and it will take some more time for the State, Local, and Metropolitan level numbers to come out (21 November for Regional and State level, 9 December for Metropolitan level)

What type of jobs were they? Most of the big metropolitan cities have fared quite well were as the vast majority of smaller cities and towns are still reeling from the economic bust of 2008.
Here's the breakdown by industry: Table B-1. Employees on nonfarm payrolls by industry sector and selected industry detail
Here's my point, some people are claiming the economy is improving overall, it isn't, overall.
Case in point; I live out west in Southern Colorado, Denver is thriving, Colorado Springs has stopped imploding for now but I just noted another large listing of pre-foreclosures. Walsenburg and Trinidad have almost completely imploded losing half of their jobs and populations. Head into New Mexico, same thing to include Albuquerque (a major metropolitan city) which has yet to stop imploding and we need not even mention Arizona and Nevada which are both far from economic recovery.
I live in Canon City and I know you're exaggerating. If the Springs and Denver are doing fine then that says a lot about the economy of the state. Trinidad and Walsenburg are too small to make a determination about the economy anyway.

Last edited:
That's all fine and good but where were those jobs created? What type of jobs were they? Most of the big metropolitan cities have fared quite well were as the vast majority of smaller cities and towns are still reeling from the economic bust of 2008.
They are part time jobs. And all those folks are pulling lint out of their pockets.

Sounds like the people in those areas need to pick themselves up by their bootstraps.
How can they? According to Obama those boot straps don't belong to them. They didn't create them, someone else did.

Oh! How clever!!! Using a false meme to make a snarky remark that doesn't even make sense! Too clever!

That's all fine and good but where were those jobs created? What type of jobs were they? Most of the big metropolitan cities have fared quite well were as the vast majority of smaller cities and towns are still reeling from the economic bust of 2008.
Well, you see, that's called the
FREE MARKET. :D

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
The RWnuts will continue for awhile to try to talk down the good numbers, but not long from now, if the good news continues,

they'll start trying to give the newly elected GOP majority credit for them.

I guarantee.

Absolutely. They've successfully stopped Obama from implementing his plan to destroy America's economy and make all of the people dependent on government assistance. You know....so they'll be so happy they'll vote Democrat forever!

Yeah! That's it!

Forum List

Back