214,000 Jobs Added in October, UE Rate Down To 5.8%

Revisions showed the economy added 31,000 more jobs the prior two months than previously estimated.

It is the little blurbs like this about adjustments to previous estimates that people miss. There is group who is constantly screaming that they fudge the numbers to be higher then adjust them lower later when less people are paying attention, I've heard it a few times in here about how they'd do it in the months leading up to the election. Said fools tend to ignore when the opposite happens and it crushes their ridiculous conspiracy theory.

Same happened with Q2 GDP, got revised up and suddenly none of the revise-scam believers don't notice.

Revisions showed the economy added 31,000 more jobs the prior two months than previously estimated.

It is the little blurbs like this about adjustments to previous estimates that people miss. There is group who is constantly screaming that they fudge the numbers to be higher then adjust them lower later when less people are paying attention, I've heard it a few times in here about how they'd do it in the months leading up to the election. Said fools tend to ignore when the opposite happens and it crushes their ridiculous conspiracy theory.

Same happened with Q2 GDP, got revised up and suddenly none of the revise-scam believers don't notice.
Yeah, I believe over the last year that the jobs numbers have been revised up most months. Those who claim that the jobs numbers are always revised down are just making shit up.

That's all fine and good but where were those jobs created? What type of jobs were they? Most of the big metropolitan cities have fared quite well were as the vast majority of smaller cities and towns are still reeling from the economic bust of 2008.

That's all fine and good but where were those jobs created?
We won't know that for a couple of weeks. This is just the National Level, and it will take some more time for the State, Local, and Metropolitan level numbers to come out (21 November for Regional and State level, 9 December for Metropolitan level)

What type of jobs were they? Most of the big metropolitan cities have fared quite well were as the vast majority of smaller cities and towns are still reeling from the economic bust of 2008.
Here's the breakdown by industry: Table B-1. Employees on nonfarm payrolls by industry sector and selected industry detail

We won't know that for a couple of weeks. This is just the National Level, and it will take some more time for the State, Local, and Metropolitan level numbers to come out (21 November for Regional and State level, 9 December for Metropolitan level)

What type of jobs were they? Most of the big metropolitan cities have fared quite well were as the vast majority of smaller cities and towns are still reeling from the economic bust of 2008.
Here's the breakdown by industry: Table B-1. Employees on nonfarm payrolls by industry sector and selected industry detail
Here's my point, some people are claiming the economy is improving overall, it isn't, overall.
Case in point; I live out west in Southern Colorado, Denver is thriving, Colorado Springs has stopped imploding for now but I just noted another large listing of pre-foreclosures. Walsenburg and Trinidad have almost completely imploded losing half of their jobs and populations. Head into New Mexico, same thing to include Albuquerque (a major metropolitan city) which has yet to stop imploding and we need not even mention Arizona and Nevada which are both far from economic recovery.

That's all fine and good but where were those jobs created? What type of jobs were they? Most of the big metropolitan cities have fared quite well were as the vast majority of smaller cities and towns are still reeling from the economic bust of 2008.

What Ringel is trying to say is that sure thats good but is it really?

Which is the typical republican response to good news under the Obama admin.

Gas is down...but is it really good tho? lol

Here's my point, some people are claiming the economy is improving overall, it isn't, overall.
Case in point; I live out west in Southern Colorado, Denver is thriving, Colorado Springs has stopped imploding for now but I just noted another large listing of pre-foreclosures. Walsenburg and Trinidad have almost completely imploded losing half of their jobs and populations. Head into New Mexico, same thing to include Albuquerque (a major metropolitan city) which has yet to stop imploding and we need not even mention Arizona and Nevada which are both far from economic recovery.
Sounds like the people in those areas need to pick themselves up by their bootstraps.

I wish I saw this before I responded to his earlier post. Excellent display of just what I noted "glass half empty" no matter what. Unemployment high? Fuck you Obama Unemployment low? Is it really a good thing tho?

Job creation is not even keeping up with population growth. And if Obama uses an EO to grant Amnesty, population growth will increase and make this anemic job growth even more inadequate.

MopenFail!

Not a typical republican response on my part. I'm not a republican........
It is a valid question as both sides try to use numbers (frequently out of context) for political reasons, the devil is always in the details.

Job creation is not even keeping up with population growth. And if Obama uses an EO to grant Amnesty, population growth will increase and make this anemic job growth even more inadequate.

MopenFail!
So how many jobs are needed to keep up with population growth? It isn't more than 200k per month.

Yup. Does that number reflect all those who have just stopped trying to find a job?

The real UE figure is around 12% which isn't good in anybody's book.

You can play with number all the time. The Govt has a a college degree in the numbers game.

Doubt I'll believe anything coming out of DC on UE or jobs gained.

Job creation is not even keeping up with population growth.
The Employment-Population Ration went from 59% to 59.2%. The Population went up by 211,000, but Employed went up by 683,000

That was incredibly lazy of you to just make a claim without bothering to check to see if you were right.

Gas prices are a catch 22,sure its great they are dropping,its not great why they are. We will get a nice boost from lower prices,as long as Europe and Asia's economies don't tank,we might get around the corner ok.

Forum List

Back