214,000 Jobs Added in October, UE Rate Down To 5.8%

That's all fine and good but where were those jobs created? What type of jobs were they? Most of the big metropolitan cities have fared quite well were as the vast majority of smaller cities and towns are still reeling from the economic bust of 2008.

What Ringel is trying to say is that sure thats good but is it really?

Which is the typical republican response to good news under the Obama admin.

Gas is down...but is it really good tho? lol
Not a typical republican response on my part. I'm not a republican........
It is a valid question as both sides try to use numbers (frequently out of context) for political reasons, the devil is always in the details.

Everything is a valid question if you pretend there is something wrong going on without evidence.

Ringel: Did you kill that woman?
Me: No, I was at home
Ringel: But, were you really at home? People lie all the time
Me: Heres video that I was home
Ringel: Yeah but people fake videos all the time

Basically no answer will satisfy your paranoia

Crazy stuff, more mixed signals. Increases were nice but less than expected. Bond yields are down, not a good sign. The stronger dollar could hurt. Nice to see the rate drop. Ugh.

Bottom line, we're still not creating enough jobs to reach escape velocity, but we still could.

Anyone who thinks they know is fooling themselves.

Crazy stuff, more mixed signals. Increases were nice but less than expected. Bond yields are down, not a good sign. The stronger dollar could hurt. Nice to see the rate drop. Ugh.

Bottom line, we're still not creating enough jobs to reach escape velocity, but we still could.

Anyone who thinks they know is fooling themselves.

Indeed........

Nothing makes sense anymore dude. QE III gets the kabash and the market goes up big!!! Silver actually falls. None of the old rules apply. The big banks are controlling all the markets in 2014......energy......PM.....commodities......

The unemployment #'s are now a farce......they count all these part time jobs with no benefits. Total crap.

Job creation is not even keeping up with population growth. And if Obama uses an EO to grant Amnesty, population growth will increase and make this anemic job growth even more inadequate.

MopenFail!
So how many jobs are needed to keep up with population growth? It isn't more than 200k per month.

Yes it is. And more are needed to reserve the decline in the labor force participation rate among middle and prime age workers.

Yup. Does that number reflect all those who have just stopped trying to find a job?
Why would you want to include people not trying to work as unemployed? They've never been included.
But to look at a broader measure including those who say they want to work, are available to work, have looked in the last 12 months but not last 4 weeks (the U5), that rate went down from 7.3% to 7.1%. Limiting it further to those who stopped looking because they believed there was no work or they'd be discriminated against (the U4)...that went from 6.4% to 6.2%

The real UE figure is around 12% which isn't good in anybody's book.[/qutoe] The "real" number includes 7 million people who have jobs? That rate (the U6) actually went down from 11.8% to 11.5%
All
You can play with number all the time.
I see you tried. The funny thing is that your attempt to show the official UE rate wrong used rates that improved by more than the official rate.

That's all fine and good but where were those jobs created?
We won't know that for a couple of weeks. This is just the National Level, and it will take some more time for the State, Local, and Metropolitan level numbers to come out (21 November for Regional and State level, 9 December for Metropolitan level)

What type of jobs were they? Most of the big metropolitan cities have fared quite well were as the vast majority of smaller cities and towns are still reeling from the economic bust of 2008.
Here's the breakdown by industry: Table B-1. Employees on nonfarm payrolls by industry sector and selected industry detail
Here's my point, some people are claiming the economy is improving overall, it isn't, overall.
Case in point; I live out west in Southern Colorado, Denver is thriving, Colorado Springs has stopped imploding for now but I just noted another large listing of pre-foreclosures. Walsenburg and Trinidad have almost completely imploded losing half of their jobs and populations. Head into New Mexico, same thing to include Albuquerque (a major metropolitan city) which has yet to stop imploding and we need not even mention Arizona and Nevada which are both far from economic recovery.
Sounds like the people in those areas need to pick themselves up by their bootstraps.
Like they're not trying........ Years ago I read a couple of economists that have studied past downturns and claim each one has gotten progressively longer to recover from. They predict full recovery from the 2008 recession will take as long as 15 to 20 years regardless of which party is in power, so far they appear to be correct.

Job creation is not even keeping up with population growth. And if Obama uses an EO to grant Amnesty, population growth will increase and make this anemic job growth even more inadequate.

MopenFail!
So how many jobs are needed to keep up with population growth? It isn't more than 200k per month.

Yes it is. And more are needed to reserve the decline in the labor force participation rate among middle and prime age workers.
No, not 200k. Of course more are needed to make up for everyone that lost jobs during the recession.

How Many Jobs to Bring Down Unemployment - Real Time Economics - WSJ

How Many Jobs Are Needed to Keep Up with Population Growth The Economic Populist

How Many Jobs Does It Take to Keep Pace With the Growth of the Labor Force Beat the Press

That's all fine and good but where were those jobs created? What type of jobs were they? Most of the big metropolitan cities have fared quite well were as the vast majority of smaller cities and towns are still reeling from the economic bust of 2008.

It is a valid question as both sides try to use numbers (frequently out of context) for political reasons, the devil is always in the details.

Everything is a valid question if you pretend there is something wrong going on without evidence.

I provided examples based on personal knowledge, you ignored them...... Who's being sectarian............?

Revisions showed the economy added 31,000 more jobs the prior two months than previously estimated.

It is the little blurbs like this about adjustments to previous estimates that people miss. There is group who is constantly screaming that they fudge the numbers to be higher then adjust them lower later when less people are paying attention, I've heard it a few times in here about how they'd do it in the months leading up to the election. Said fools tend to ignore when the opposite happens and it crushes their ridiculous conspiracy theory.

Same happened with Q2 GDP, got revised up and suddenly none of the revise-scam believers don't notice.

Good catch. Downward revisions coming! is one of the favorite lies of the RWnuts around here.

Yup. Does that number reflect all those who have just stopped trying to find a job?

The real UE figure is around 12% which isn't good in anybody's book.

You can play with number all the time. The Govt has a a college degree in the numbers game.

Doubt I'll believe anything coming out of DC on UE or jobs gained.

And were the concentration camp pictures from the Holocaust all photoshopped?

I disagree. His questions are perfectly valid. Types of job, average real earnings, etc are important things to look at. Geography...well, it doesn't to someone in Yuma, AZ (unemployment rate of 25.9% in September) that the National UE rate is 5.8%.
Conversely, that the National rate is 5.8% doesn't mean much to someone in Bismark, ND with a UE rate of 2.1%.

Gas is down and thats bad

Unemployment is down and thats not good

I provided examples based on personal knowledge, you ignored them...... Who's being sectarian............?

Actually no, you provided only skepticism

No, you interpreted only skepticism, I simply asked some valid questions, offered examples and made comments referring to both sides using numbers for political purposes.
Your partisanship is showing, you think I'm attacking Obama and the Dems, you're locked in the us vs them paradigm and can't see how anyone else is not........
Instead of comparing you (appropriately) to your far right demagogic opponents out of hand I'll give you a hint; If the economy had fully recovered under Obama and the Dems I'd be ecstatic because I don't care who's in power at the time. I don't believe either side has or can do much to affect the recovery, it's primarily economic cycles.

No, you interpreted only skepticism, I simply asked some valid questions, offered examples and made comments referring to both sides using numbers for political purposes.

Yeah I interpreted skepticism because it was skepticism. I didnt mention anything about one side or the other. I simply stated that your skepticism doesnt allow you to believe anything therefore you question everything. Both sides use number for their purpose is a true statement. Whats not clear is what you do believe...so it allows you to have "valid questions" based on that skepticism

Your partisanship is showing, you think I'm attacking Obama and the Dems, you're locked in the us vs them paradigm and can't see how anyone else is not........
Instead of comparing you (appropriately) to your far right demagogic opponents out of hand I'll give you a hint; If the economy had fully recovered under Obama and the Dems I'd be ecstatic because I don't care who's in power at the time. I don't believe either side has or can do much to affect the recovery, it's primarily economic cycles.

Well this is about the employment numbers being down. You dont believe it. So that means you have to be talking about (in this instance) the Dems, correct? You'll probably say no to remain flexible

Yeah I interpreted skepticism because it was skepticism. I didnt mention anything about one side or the other. I simply stated that your skepticism doesnt allow you to believe anything therefore you question everything. Both sides use number for their purpose is a true statement. Whats not clear is what you do believe...so it allows you to have "valid questions" based on that skepticism

Well this is about the employment numbers being down. You dont believe it. So that means you have to be talking about (in this instance) the Dems, correct? You'll probably say no to remain flexible
I never said I didn't believe the numbers were down, you said I did (inference, interpretation), making my point........ Thank you. :thup:

I never said I didn't believe the numbers were down, you said I did (inference, interpretation), making my point........ Thank you. :thup:

You dont have to say it directly you implied it...Theres no other reason to say both parties play with the numbers for their political purposes.

You dont have to say it directly you implied it...Theres no other reason to say both parties play with the numbers for their political purposes.
Keep grasping at straws, it's what you hacks do best. :thup:

Forum List

Back