214,000 Jobs Added in October, UE Rate Down To 5.8%

Job creation is not even keeping up with population growth. And if Obama uses an EO to grant Amnesty, population growth will increase and make this anemic job growth even more inadequate.

MopenFail!
Actually job creation is about double what is needed to keep up with population growth.

Actually, that is not true. The population growth in 2013 was slightly under 2,300,000. You do the math and tell me what your answer is.

There's more to job growth than how many months it has improved.

The rate and size of the improvement also have to be considered - if we don't see far more new jobs created soon, we're not going to achieve the momentum, the escape velocity, needed to overcome the current drags on the economy.

They need to change how the unemployment numbers are calculated.
They need to add the number of people who are still looking for jobs, rather than just the people who get unemployment checks.
When the unemployment runs out then they are no longer counted.
Both parties use this to make them look better.

They need to add the number of people who are still looking for jobs, rather than just the people who get unemployment checks.
Your entire post is untrue, The unemployment rate has never ever been based on Unemployment Insurance benefits. So they don't have to change the calculations, they're already doing it the way you want.
Employment Situation Technical Note

Job creation is not even keeping up with population growth. And if Obama uses an EO to grant Amnesty, population growth will increase and make this anemic job growth even more inadequate.

MopenFail!
Actually job creation is about double what is needed to keep up with population growth.

Actually, that is not true. The population growth in 2013 was slightly under 2,300,000. You do the math and tell me what your answer is.
Actually, it is true!

You do know that not every man, woman and child wants to work, don't you? And believe it or not, some older people retire from the work force.

To maintain the current 5.8% UE rate would take only 107,490 new jobs per month to keep up with population growth. To bring UE down to the 4.2% it was before Bush stole the presidency and destroyed the economy we would need 197,134 new jobs per month over Obama's last 27 months.

Jobs Calculator - Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta

Your entire post is untrue, The unemployment rate has never ever been based on Unemployment Insurance benefits. So they don't have to change the calculations, they're already doing it the way you want.
Employment Situation Technical Note

I admit that I said it wrong.
How the Government Measures Unemployment

the employed are:
  • All those who did any work for pay or profit during the survey reference week.
  • All those who did at least 15 hours of unpaid work in a business or farm operated by a family member with whom they live.
  • All those who were temporarily absent from their regular jobs because of illness, vacation, bad weather, labor dispute, or various personal reasons, whether or not they were paid for the time off
The bold part needs to be changed.
What needs to be changed is to count the number of part time workers who want full time work.

Faces of the part-time economy how to survive without full-time work Money The Guardian

The rocky recovery since the Great Recession has been marked by fewer full-time jobs, lower wages, and the rise of part-time work. "Since the end of 2007, the number of employed workers who work part-time but want full-time jobs has increased about 4.3m, or more than 70%," Brookings pointed out recently.
The real-world dynamics of living on part-time work, however, aren't told in the statistics

5.8 US is finally down to what Bush's average was for 8 years, and that is a good thing. The Labor Participation Rate still needs a little work to get down up to that 65.8 that it was when Bush left office.
An average is very misleading. Bush took a stable 4% U-3 rate for the full year before he started and took that to a skyrocketing 7.8% and climbing when he left. Obama has taken that rising 7.8% rate down to a steadily falling 5.8% without any help from the America-hating GOP and without overheating the economy with the typical GOP boom and bust solution to the GOP economic disasters. If you notice the GOP's main gripe is that Obama has not overheated the economy with another artificial boom like the GOP always does.

Very good chance that the company that I work for will add 200 jobs in 2015. And some of those jobs will be very high paying craftsmen type of jobs.

Yes, the rural areas are still in a recession. And will remain so for many years.

the employed are:
  • All those who did any work for pay or profit during the survey reference week.
  • All those who did at least 15 hours of unpaid work in a business or farm operated by a family member with whom they live.
  • All those who were temporarily absent from their regular jobs because of illness, vacation, bad weather, labor dispute, or various personal reasons, whether or not they were paid for the time off
What needs to be changed is to count the number of part time workers who want full time work.
You mean like A-25. Persons at work 1 to 34 hours in all and in nonagricultural industries by reason for working less than 35 hours and usual full- or part-time status

That's all fine and good but where were those jobs created?
We won't know that for a couple of weeks. This is just the National Level, and it will take some more time for the State, Local, and Metropolitan level numbers to come out (21 November for Regional and State level, 9 December for Metropolitan level)

What type of jobs were they? Most of the big metropolitan cities have fared quite well were as the vast majority of smaller cities and towns are still reeling from the economic bust of 2008.
Here's the breakdown by industry: Table B-1. Employees on nonfarm payrolls by industry sector and selected industry detail
Here's my point, some people are claiming the economy is improving overall, it isn't, overall.
Case in point; I live out west in Southern Colorado, Denver is thriving, Colorado Springs has stopped imploding for now but I just noted another large listing of pre-foreclosures. Walsenburg and Trinidad have almost completely imploded losing half of their jobs and populations. Head into New Mexico, same thing to include Albuquerque (a major metropolitan city) which has yet to stop imploding and we need not even mention Arizona and Nevada which are both far from economic recovery.
I live in Canon City and I know you're exaggerating. If the Springs and Denver are doing fine then that says a lot about the economy of the state. Trinidad and Walsenburg are too small to make a determination about the economy anyway.
Nope, not exaggerating. Denver is growing but it's the only one, in reference to Colorado Springs fine is a relative term, what I mean by fine is it's no longer shedding jobs but like I said it could be just a lull before getting worse again. Over the last two years I've seen both Walsenburg and Trinidad lose almost half of their population because jobs went away.
Oh and small towns don't affect the economy, they reflect the economy.........

People who stop looking for a job aren't counted. Unemployment among Black men is in the double digits. All democrats seem to worry about is the minimum wage.

People who stop looking for a job aren't counted. Unemployment among Black men is in the double digits. All democrats seem to worry about is the minimum wage.
That's because increasing minimum wage above government support levels creates jobs.

MopenFail!

I'll also add that the job growth under Obola is thoroughly inadequate to recover jobs lost in the recession. If the Labor Force Participation Rate were the same as it was when he took office, 7 Million more people would be in the Labor Force, with 6.5M+ of them actually having jobs.

That 6.5M is the Obama Jobs Deficit. It's shameful.

And then there's the low wage aspect of many of the jobs that the economy is managing to create....

I bet a lot of people would believe declining unemployment numbers under a Republican president, but that's a reality we'll never deal with.

9 million still out of work

And part time jobs are gay
Who killed the jobs idiot?

Over 10 million jobs have been created or restored under the Obama administration. Bush destroyed 18 million jobs.

How math challenged of you.

When Bush took office, the level of Civilian employment was 137.8M. When he left office, 142.1. What is the net difference between these two figures?

Peak employment under bush was 146.3M, in 2007.

When Obola took office, was 142.1M; it is now 147.3. All the Trillions of dollars and micromanagement of the economy performed under the intellectually bankrupt Keynsian morons of the Obama era has resulted in a net increase of 200K jobs, and the prevention of the creation of nearly 7M more.

Why did employment drop under Bush? The cumulative impact of misguided Big Government policies on the part of both parties and Big Government Cronyism which privatizes profits and socializes risk. BOTH PARTIES WERE TO BLAME, although the Dems were certainly Godfathers of the Fannie Mae shakedown which is to root cause of the 2008 financial crisis.

Back to the Obola era: left alone, market forces would have done a much better job creating jobs without borrowing trillions from the Chinese and suffocating the savings of the middle class with ZIRP.

I bet a lot of people would believe declining unemployment numbers under a Republican president, but that's a reality we'll never deal with.

Congratulations on your complete lack of historical knowledge.

the employed are:
You mean like A-25. Persons at work 1 to 34 hours in all and in nonagricultural industries by reason for working less than 35 hours and usual full- or part-time status

No I mean people who could only find part time work who wants full time.

Forum List

Back