2021 10 most expensive states to live in.............it's a blue wave of course

"From an economic perspective, residents face steep housing costs, high-priced energy, expensive cost of living, and high taxes. Extortionate taxes and unaffordable housing costs alone turn California’s 14 percent average income premium compared to other states into a nearly 20 percent net income deficit.

Businesses have also given up on California. Since 2008, thousands relocated either fully or partially elsewhere.

Many that have left include “high-profile companies” such as Hewlett- Packard, whose founding is recognized as the birth of Silicon Valley; Tesla; SpaceX; and Charles Schwab, which was started in San Francisco 50 years ago. Mitsubishi, Nissan North America, Toyota Motors North America, Oracle, Palantir Technologies, and Jacobs Engineering are also on the list.

These relocations don’t happen in a vacuum and produce real-world consequences. When successful companies flee, the state loses high-paying jobs, which creates “a huge problem” for the state says Lee Ohanian, UCLA economics professor and Hoover Institution senior fellow.

Four years ago, the Pacific Research Institute commissioned a poll of 200 technology, manufacturing, clean tech, and energy industry executives. They overwhelmingly cited the state’s anti-business climate and high cost of living as reasons for leaving or not expanding their operations in California."

Right. Exactly.

Certain AREAS are desired more than others. This drives the prices up in that area.

Basic economics. If people tend to like Product A more than Product B, then they are willing to pay more for Product A than Product B. The market value for A will be higher than B.

A run-down shack in Compton will sell for a much higher price than a run-down shack in Bumblefuck, Nebraska. Because people desire the area and are willing to pay more for it.

Not complicated.
do you understand who is "desiring" to live in the shitty areas of California?....and why those run down houses are worth what they are worth?...

do you understand who is "desiring" to live in the shitty areas of California?....and why those run down houses are worth what they are worth?...

Question: “do you understand who is ‘desiring’ to live in the shitty areas of California?....”

Answer: What kind of answer are you looking for? The people who want to live there are the people willing to pay for it. That’s all that matters as far as I’m concerned.

Question: “and why those run down houses are worth what they are worth?...”

Answer: because people are willing to pay that price.

Question: “do you understand who is ‘desiring’ to live in the shitty areas of California?....”

Answer: What kind of answer are you looking for? The people who want to live there are the people willing to pay for it. That’s all that matters as far as I’m concerned.

Question: “and why those run down houses are worth what they are worth?...”

Answer: because people are willing to pay that price.
many of the people living in S.Cal in those areas are illegals from Mexico and Central America,because they want to be with people who look like they do.....the reason a hell of a lot of those houses are worth what they are is because many of those areas are close to or border wealthier areas were the houses are way more expensive.....so they can get away with upping their value.....

many of the people living in S.Cal in those areas are illegals from Mexico and Central America,because they want to be with people who look like they do.....the reason a hell of a lot of those houses are worth what they are is because many of those areas are close to or border wealthier areas were the houses are way more expensive.....so they can get away with upping their value.....

So there’s a market for something that’s highly desired and those prices are going to reflect what people are willing to pay for them.

Awesome, finally making progress here.

What’s the issue? Looks like we’re in agreement.

So there’s a market for something that’s highly desired and those prices are going to reflect what people are willing to pay for them.

Awesome, finally making progress here.

What’s the issue? Looks like we’re in agreement.
were you are wrong at is the highly desired areas.....no one desires to live in say Bell California... but many illegals dont have much of a choice were they can live without financial problems,so places like Bell and Hawaiian Gardens is were they have to go.....they dont desire it,no one in their right mind would desire to live in one those shit places,but thats were they end up....and the houses are worth way more than they should be,because they either border or are near nice areas or areas that were already built up.....

.....no one desires to live in say Bell California...

Compared to their other options, sure they do. Otherwise, nobody would live there.

They could have chosen to live in Phoenix, San Diego, Redding, etc. They ended up choosing Bell and they chose it for a variety of reasons.

This isn’t complicated.

Compared to their other options, sure they do. Otherwise, nobody would live there.

They could have chosen to live in Phoenix, San Diego, Redding, etc. They ended up choosing Bell and they chose it for a variety of reasons.

This isn’t complicated.
its no use talking to you....you are on the outside looking in....how many illegals do you know that you can tell me why they would live in S.Cal as compared to those other places?....and i mean know,like you talk to them frequently,actually been in their house......what you are telling me is you think their mindset is just like any regular American when it comes down to finding a place to live.....its far different.....and no, their options are much different than many others....

its no use talking to you....you are on the outside looking in....how many illegals do you know that you can tell me why they would live in S.Cal as compared to those other places?....and i mean know,like you talk to them frequently,actually been in their house......what you are telling me is you think their mindset is just like any regular American when it comes down to finding a place to live.....its far different.....and no, their options are much different than many others....

Now you’re just rambling. Me being in someone’s house doesn’t change basic economics lol.

It’s common sense that market value is going to be dictated by what people are willing to pay.

What part of that do you not understand? It’s pretty simple.

Now you’re just rambling. Me being in someone’s house doesn’t change basic economics lol.

It’s common sense that market value is going to be dictated by what people are willing to pay.

What part of that do you not understand? It’s pretty simple.
you are the one rambling.....you only think you know why so many illegals live in S.Cal as compared to else where....its a different ball game out there with them, then in maybe any other place in this country....but then if you never met any,how would you know?...

you are the one rambling.....you only think you know why so many illegals live in S.Cal as compared to else where....its a different ball game out there with them, then in maybe any other place in this country....but then if you never met any,how would you know?...

I’m not sure how that’s supposed to refute basic economics.

Market value is going to be dictated by what people are willing to pay. Agree or disagree?

How exactly does that refute my point that market value is determined by what people are willing to pay?

The market value is still determined by that.
look we can talk about this all fucking day.....so lets just say this...you are right....im not going to keep on arguing with someone who is no doubt hundreds of miles away and has no idea what these areas are like out here and why the people who live there,live there.....

Except for Alaska, which of course is always going to be expensive because of it's isolation.

These are America’s 10 most expensive states to live in​

Welcome to supply and demand. Expensive because people WANT to live there. Red states inexpensive because people DON'T WANT to live there. Would YOU move to Mississisppi?

look we can talk about this all fucking day.....so lets just say this...you are right....im not going to keep on arguing with someone who is no doubt hundreds of miles away and has no idea what these areas are like out here and why the people who live there,live there.....

Awesome. I’ll just stick with basic economics then.

See ya.

Forum List

Back