2020 just keeps getting worse. Now there are multiple earthquakes in Yellowstone.

If the Yellowstone Cauldera blows, it will make the rest of the shit in 2020 look like a picnic in the park.
It's not a question of "if" it's going to happen, it's just a matter of when. It's gonna make Mt. St. Helen's look like a piker.

Earthquake swarms don't worry me, if there is sudden uplift or deflation orders of magnitude larger than usual, that's when I'll start being concerned.
When that happens a nuclear winter like covering over much of the earth won't be far behind.

Depends on the size of the Eruption and the prevailing winds. We would see a little ice age probably. and the midwest would be hosed. But the west coast would probably avoid most of the ash.

If the Yellowstone Cauldera blows, it will make the rest of the shit in 2020 look like a picnic in the park.

Earthquake swarms don't worry me, if there is sudden uplift or deflation orders of magnitude larger than usual, that's when I'll start being concerned.

An educated man. What a refreshing addition.

The real question would be if it's a "flow" eruption or a "kaboom" eruption. basalt flows would be devastating in the upper midwest, but the lack of ash would save most of the rest of the country.

A "kaboom" eruption would require martial law, massive migration, and even if given a few years to prepare for millions of deaths, either direct or indirect.

I got a 100 bucks someone blames it on trump,,,
The national park system is rejecting tRump's authoritarian bullshit. It's all his fault.

(I'll tell you where to send my cut later)

The national park system is rejecting tRump's authoritarian bullshit. It's all his fault.

you get nothing,,,

This has been a fantastic year so far for me and mine; I’d hate to see it disrupted by Yellowstone popping it’s top. Fortunately that isn’t likely to happen in me or my children’s lifetime. But if she does blow... Man! That’d be somethin’!

Read it. More scare news from your Jewish informers. It would make a killer tourist site if the 1000 Hiroshimas popped.

you get nothing,,,
Crap, I forgot you tRumplings have no sense of humor.

I've heard they remove that part of your brain to make room for the chip.

Depends on the size of the Eruption and the prevailing winds. We would see a little ice age probably. and the midwest would be hosed. But the west coast would probably avoid most of the ash.
That's wishfully hopeful considering the West Coast's proximity to Yellowstone. Of course I'm wishing
that too as a resident of a coastal state. What would happen if Yellowstone’s supervolcano erupted?

I think you are being unrealistic though when it seems the entire continent would see the consequences of
a volcano 1,000 times as powerful as Mt. St. Helens.

That's wishfully hopeful considering the West Coast's proximity to Yellowstone. Of course I'm wishing
that too as a resident of a coastal state. What would happen if Yellowstone’s supervolcano erupted?

I think you are being unrealistic though when it seems the entire continent would see the consequences of
a volcano 1,000 times as powerful as Mt. St. Helens.

Again it depends on the size and type of eruption. If it's mostly flow, then that would be the best result. A gradual release of ash would also be slightly mitigating. A worse case would be the whole "ground failure, implode/explode" eruption like Mt St. Helens, but on a miles scale.

Again it depends on the size and type of eruption. If it's mostly flow, then that would be the best result. A gradual release of ash would also be slightly mitigating. A worse case would be the whole "ground failure, implode/explode" eruption like Mt St. Helens, but on a miles scale.
Well I hate to say it but a series of earthquakes (an "earthquake swarm") were a precursor to Mt. St. Helens
loosing it's mind. That doesn't mean it will happen in this instance. But it could.

you get nothing,,,
Crap, I forgot you tRumplings have no sense of humor.

I've heard they remove that part of your brain to make room for the chip.
sorry but i'm not a trumpling,,,your TDS just makes you think I am,,,

Well I hate to say it but a series of earthquakes (an "earthquake swarm") were a precursor to Mt. St. Helens
loosing it's mind. That doesn't mean it will happen in this instance. But it could.

There was far more than just a swarm, there was inflation of the slope, and the swarms were far above the normal baseline values, both in size and frequency.

Actually I'm more worried about the Cascadia Subduction Zone than the Yellowstone super volcano right now.

1. COVID-19.

2. The worst social insurrection in our history.

3. I do not want to know what else God/Fate/Karma has in store for us during the remaining months of this year.

Forum List

Back