Kroger has to pay $180,000 to workers who were fired after they wouldn't wear LQBTQ+ pride symbols

The point is that if you refused, you could have not been fired.
I'm saying the employer has the right--at least he/she SHOULD have the right--to fire an insubordinate employee unless they're ordering the employee to do something illegal. The employees do not get to set the rules and policies for the employer they work for.

I'm saying the employer has the right--at least he/she SHOULD have the right--to fire an insubordinate employee unless they're ordering the employee to do something illegal. The employees do not get to set the rules and policies for the employer they work for.
As a Christian, if I worked for a company owned by Jews, would they have a right to make me wear a Star of David necklace while working?

How about if I worked for a Muslim doctor, and was told I had to wear traditional Muslim clothing?

If I worked for a Mexican restaurant for years and the owners suddenly decided that since I did not speak Spanish fluently, I would be fired?

You did NOT think this through!

As a Christian, if I worked for a company owned by Jews, would they have a right to make me wear a Star of David necklace while working?

How about if I worked for a Muslim doctor, and was told I had to wear traditional Muslim clothing?

If I worked for a Mexican restaurant for years and the owners suddenly decided that since I did not speak Spanish fluently, I would be fired?

You did NOT think this through!
I have thought it through. Good bosses would not impose such rules, but that does not mean they can't impose them no matter how ill advised or downright stupid. Or at least a business owner should be able to set the rules for his/her own operation. When business owners no longer are able to do that, we will have a lot fewer businesses and a lot more totalitarian government.

Religious discrimination is illegal. What part of that do you NOT understand?

Religious discrimination is illegal. What part of that do you NOT understand?
A uniform is not religious discrimination. If I run a Christian bookstore and want employees to wear vests with crosses on them, I should have every right to require that. If the Jewish or Hindu or Muslim or Atheist person objects, I'll give them a great letter of recommendation for their next job and wish them well. However the Jew and the Hindu who worked for a Christian bookstore I helped out for awhile didn't mind those vests at all. They were happy to have the job. Different strokes for different folks. The boss should have the right to set the rules for his own business. It is up to each individual employee whether they are willing to accept those rules. If they aren't, they should work elsewhere.

A uniform is not religious discrimination. If I run a Christian bookstore and want employees to wear vests with crosses on them, I should have every right to require that. If the Jewish or Hindu or Muslim or Atheist person objects, I'll give them a great letter of recommendation for their next job and wish them well. However the Jew and the Hindu who worked for a Christian bookstore I helped out for awhile didn't mind those vests at all. They were happy to have the job. Different strokes for different folks. The boss should have the right to set the rules for his own business. It is up to each individual employee whether they are willing to accept those rules. If they aren't, they should work elsewhere.

You don't, so you are simply wrong.

I'm glad those who were Christians were recompensed for the humiliation of being fired because they were faithful to follow what the Good Book requires of believers in God, according to the nineteenth chapter of the Book of Genesis in the Holy Bible. In the New Testament, the books of Romans and Galatians support the lessons that fell to Lot and his family prior to the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah by fire and brimstone that came from Heaven. Prayers up for redemption for those whose wrongdoing tears the family apart.

Fired because they WOULDN'T wear LGBTQ pins???! :omg:

Some places it's illegal to not use someone's preferred pronouns.

So yes, this is the world we live in where you can be jailed for not calling a man a woman, or be fired for not supporting trannies and fag freakazoids.

Hopefully we as a society do an about face on this kind of insanity very soon and push back against all this woke nonsense.

I struggle with stuff like this.

I strongly defended and will continue to defend to this day the right of a Christian baker to refuse to bake a wedding cake and set it up at a gay wedding. The gay couple had been long time customers and were treated as friends in the place when they came in for other products offered for sale. But the baker did not believe in gay marriage and should never have been forced to participate in something he did not offer for sale and went against his religious beliefs. But that was his business, his turf.

Employees who work for somebody else should expect to follow the protocol, rules, regs, including wearing uniforms established and provided by the employer however unjust, ridiculous, improper, or wrong they may believe those to be. If they have religious objections to any of it, they should amicably resign and move on. Their employers should give them letters of recommendation if they are good employees, but, however much of a jerk it would make him, he should not have to accommodate the religious convictions of his employees.

Well said.

Another win for the good guys!

• An Arkansas federal judge ordered Kroger to pay two former employees $180,000.
  • They were fired from the store after refusing to wear an apron with a "multicolored heart," court documents show.
  • "Both have sincerely held religious beliefs that homosexuality is a sin and that they cannot support or promote it," the judge wrote.

Imagine being frightened of a multicolored heart.

Stop; lying. It had to do with a Religious Discrimination.

According to the EEOC’s lawsuit, Kroger Limited Partnership I engaged in religious discrimination when it disciplined and ultimately fired the employees for refusing to wear an apron with the company’s “Our Promise” symbol because they believed it represented support for the LGBTQ+ community. Kroger denies the allegations.

"Lying"? Where do you get that I am lying?

I struggle with stuff like this.

I strongly defended and will continue to defend to this day the right of a Christian baker to refuse to bake a wedding cake and set it up at a gay wedding. The gay couple had been long time customers and were treated as friends in the place when they came in for other products offered for sale. But the baker did not believe in gay marriage and should never have been forced to participate in something he did not offer for sale and went against his religious beliefs. But that was his business, his turf.

Employees who work for somebody else should expect to follow the protocol, rules, regs, including wearing uniforms established and provided by the employer however unjust, ridiculous, improper, or wrong they may believe those to be. If they have religious objections to any of it, they should amicably resign and move on. Their employers should give them letters of recommendation if they are good employees, but, however much of a jerk it would make him, he should not have to accommodate the religious convictions of his employees.

I don't struggle with it at all.
I've got no problem with companies requiring employees to wear uniforms, but these are symbols that have been added on the uniforms that have nothing to do with the company itself.
What would you say if a company decided to add swastika symbols to a company uniform?

I would find a new place to work

I would as well, but you appear to be insinuating the employer can add whatever symbols they like.

I look at it this way, the employer has a right to require uniforms, I think most of us agree with that. But when we are dealing with "symbols" that are deemed controversial such as in this situation, I don't think the employer should be firing employees simply based on the refusal to add such symbols to the uniform.

Another win for the good guys!

• An Arkansas federal judge ordered Kroger to pay two former employees $180,000.
  • They were fired from the store after refusing to wear an apron with a "multicolored heart," court documents show.
  • "Both have sincerely held religious beliefs that homosexuality is a sin and that they cannot support or promote it," the judge wrote.

Good news. Now the commies and deviants will go judge shopping to get it overturned.

But where do you draw the line? An employee doesn't want to wear the uniform provided by his employer that is required of all employees. Should an employer allow him/her to not wear the uniform all employees are required to wear? If the proper business attire is suit and tie or corporate dress for the women, do the employees get to turn thumbs down on that just because they're uncomfortable?

The employer cannot demand that his employees believe, think, like anything that they don't. He cannot demand that somebody work for him/her. But it is the employer's business. As an employee I can ask for special treatment or privilege, but I have no right to demand it of my employer. It's his turf. He/she gets to set the rules for protocol, dress, and all other rules and regs in that business. If as a matter of conscience I can't follow them--I have had a job once in which I could not--then I resign and move on to something else. If I refuse and don't quit, the employer has every right to fire me.

Here's a thought, just quit politicizing sicko deviant fetishism and forcing sick shit on sane people. Problem solved, no need to resort to idiotic attempts at 'logic' as if they were real points of law or something.

"NAMBLA" logic - an extreme absolutist position which demands that for logical consistencies sake that certain gross crimes be allowed, in order that no one might feel restrained."

Stirling S. Newberry

Well, no one but Evul Xians and the sane, anyway. Those people need to be tossed into ovens, right?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back