2020 just keeps getting worse. Now there are multiple earthquakes in Yellowstone.

If the Yellowstone Cauldera blows, it will make the rest of the shit in 2020 look like a picnic in the park.
Even multiple earthquakes now...what the hell....maybe the Maya weren't wrong about the end of this cycle on Earth (they just made a mistake...it wasn't 2012 but 2020) :confused::confused:
Joking aside I hope these earthquakes didn't hurt anybody :icon_cry:

Kilgore-SMOD-2020.jpg

Not this shit again....:102:.

Again it depends on the size and type of eruption. If it's mostly flow, then that would be the best result. A gradual release of ash would also be slightly mitigating. A worse case would be the whole "ground failure, implode/explode" eruption like Mt St. Helens, but on a miles scale.
Well I hate to say it but a series of earthquakes (an "earthquake swarm") were a precursor to Mt. St. Helens
loosing it's mind. That doesn't mean it will happen in this instance. But it could.

There was far more than just a swarm, there was inflation of the slope, and the swarms were far above the normal baseline values, both in size and frequency.

All that and letting off puffs of steam, smoke & ash plumes for months before the actual eruption

If the Yellowstone Cauldera blows, it will make the rest of the shit in 2020 look like a picnic in the park.
I got a 100 bucks someone blames it on trump,,,

I have $100 someone blames Obama.

But, obviously, they would have to be idiots in either case.
Blame is one thing but when a person with an "R" and his name is Trump gets a hundred times more vicious and threatening attacks then another with a "D" and is coddled because he is Black and whose name is Obama then we live in a authoritarian state. Its funny that you would think the opposite.

Earthquake swarms don't worry me, if there is sudden uplift or deflation orders of magnitude larger than usual, that's when I'll start being concerned.

Yep...

You want those swarms. They relieve pressure.

If you study volcanoes, you would find that the Yellowstone hot spot will not blow like Mount Saint Helens or Krakatoa. It would be a shield volcano that simply oozes lava over the ground.

Last edited:

There are earthquakes every year in Yellowstone. Largest was in 1959.
Yellowstone is an active area that's why it has been an area of attraction. People live alongside volcanos, in areas of yearly flooding, ares that get hurricanes and typhones.
Yes Yellowstone has exploded before and it might explode tomorrow or in six hundred years or never.
So does it make sense to worry about something that may or may not happen? I would rather worry about things that we can affect and change

It will not "blow". Think of Hawaii's Kilauea volcano.

It's not a question of "if" it's going to happen, it's just a matter of when. It's gonna make Mt. St. Helen's look like a piker.

Nope. It will not blow.

Earthquake swarms don't worry me, if there is sudden uplift or deflation orders of magnitude larger than usual, that's when I'll start being concerned.
When that happens a nuclear winter like covering over much of the earth won't be far behind.

Depends on the size of the Eruption and the prevailing winds. We would see a little ice age probably. and the midwest would be hosed. But the west coast would probably avoid most of the ash.

Nope. Shield volcanoes do not "blow".

When that happens a nuclear winter like covering over much of the earth won't be far behind.

Depends on the size of the Eruption and the prevailing winds. We would see a little ice age probably. and the midwest would be hosed. But the west coast would probably avoid most of the ash.

Yellowstone isn't a shield volcano.

Yes, it is! Where is the cone?

Will not blow? Well that's "good" news, of sorts, at least considering the alternative. Now what about that Cascadia Subduction?

Yellowstone blows with such force it doesn't produce a cone or a shield, it blasts out the land above it and spreads it throughout the continent when it super-erupts.

Yellowstone blows with such force it doesn't produce a cone or a shield, it blasts out the land above it and spreads it throughout the continent when it super-erupts.

That is not what a shield volcano does.

Forum List

Back