Paul Whelan says he doesn't 'understand' why he's still in Russian captivity after Brittney Griner was freed

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
You're a straight white male dude, you don't check the boxes!

• Paul Whelan, who is detained in Russia, told CNN that he isn't sure why he's still in captivity.
  • The former Marine spoke from a remote prison and said it's "obvious that he's being "held hostage."
  • His interview on Thursday came after WNBA star Brittney Griner was freed in a prisoner swap.

Paul Whelan, a former US Marine who has been jailed in Russia since 2018, said on Thursday that he isn't sure why he remains in captivity after Brittney Griner was released in a prisoner swap.

"I was arrested for a crime that never occurred," the 52-year-old told CNN in a phone call from a remote Russian prison. "I don't understand why I'm still sitting here."

In conversations across an array of government channels, Russian officials were clear with their American counterparts: they would release Griner – and only Griner – in exchange for a convicted Russian arms dealer nicknamed the “merchant of death.”

Because of the matter’s exceedingly high profile, it was certain those conditions had been set by Russian President Vladimir Putin himself, one US official said.

Despite Biden’s attempts to link Griner’s case to that of Paul Whelan, a former US Marine arrested on espionage charges in 2018 and sentenced to 16 years in prison two years later, it became plain recently that Putin would not budge.

In conversations across an array of government channels, Russian officials were clear with their American counterparts: they would release Griner – and only Griner – in exchange for a convicted Russian arms dealer nicknamed the “merchant of death.”

Because of the matter’s exceedingly high profile, it was certain those conditions had been set by Russian President Vladimir Putin himself, one US official said.

Despite Biden’s attempts to link Griner’s case to that of Paul Whelan, a former US Marine arrested on espionage charges in 2018 and sentenced to 16 years in prison two years later, it became plain recently that Putin would not budge.

And I'm certain everything you read from Russia is 100% true.

it's pretty simple....you are in jail because the Dembots elected Putin's Bitch to the Oval Office.

• Paul Whelan, who is detained in Russia, told CNN that he isn't sure why he's still in captivity.
  • The former Marine spoke from a remote prison and said it's "obvious that he's being "held hostage."
  • His interview on Thursday came after WNBA star Brittney Griner was freed in a prisoner swap.

/——-/ We care so much about Ukraine that we’re going to let the “merchant of death” back as an asset for Russia.

trump LOST the 2020 election.
Silly, trump is NOT in the Oval Office.

Pee Pee Tapes are Real.
Less and less people will defend this nation as this insanity increases. Equity over a period of years has already emboldened other nations against us. The real dirty work that has to be done will be by the less qualified. We are already the bitches of nations who make our foreign made products.

^^^ Pretty much this. ^^^

While many might contend that ''Biden'' is a bad negotiator, the fact of the matter is that the bagguhball player is just plain more useful to the administration's anti-moral social agenda.

I assume that there will be a parade. Heh heh...

Last edited:

Pee Pee Tapes are Real.

FgT9mFJWIAM53B6.jpg

^^^ Pretty much this. ^^^

While many might contend that ''Biden'' is a bad negotiator, the fact of the matter is that the bagguhhball player is just plain more useful to the administration's anti-moral social agenda.

I assume that there will be a parade. Heh heh...

She was busted with a very small amount of hash oil for a vape. And cannabis was prescribed for her by her doctor.

Pauk Whelan was a US Marine. If that were the sum total of it, I would agree with you. But Paul Whelan was also court martialed for larceny, dereliction of duty, using someone elses social security number, and a few other charges. He was given a Bad Conduct Discharge. So please do not make it sound as though an honorable veteran was left there.

He also traveled to Russia several times and was convicted of being a spy.

Pee Pee Tapes are Real.
Obviously he isn't....hence why this guy is still locked up in Russia....Putin's got his bitch back in the Oval office, being more flexible....he bent him right over the desk.

She was busted with a very small amount of hash oil for a vape. And cannabis was prescribed for her by her doctor.

Pauk Whelan was a US Marine. If that were the sum total of it, I would agree with you. But Paul Whelan was also court martialed for larceny, dereliction of duty, using someone elses social security number, and a few other charges. He was given a Bad Conduct Discharge. So please do not make it sound as though an honorable veteran was left there.

If Whelen was a spy it certainly was not for Russia. And his biography could be made up if he was one.

That makes no sense...the two narratives fall apart.....he was a dishonorably discharged convict....but yet the CIA made him a spy?

She was busted for violating Russian drug law. Medical pot is a ruse.
She’s a spoiled racist homofascist whose ignorance got her what she/it deserved. She opposes the country that spoiled her but wants it to defend and protect her from her own ignorance and bigotry. At the expense of putting many others at risk. Hypocrisy and stupidity on display by this jerk who gets paid lots of money to play at recess.

Forum List

Back