2014 is USA's Coolest Year on Record

And CRN has the US historical network (GISS) a full 1.2 Deg C Warmer than the well sited CRN stations. Even last months "record hottest" was totally bull shit on every record except GISS (the one the warmists like to manipulate)..

A fine illustration by the OP on how to lie with statistics.

Honest people use the best and simplest data. Liars toss away the simplest data and try to cherrypick some convoluted and cherypicked statistic instead.

So, the honest rational people will use the best and simplest data, the global surface temp average. Cult liars will cherrypick something stupid and meaningless, like "percentage of stations in the USA that hit 90 degrees.". Pathetic and desperate, but it's all they have, since all the good data says they're full of shit.

Deniers are also a hysterical lot, as all their screaming here about "biols" proves. Boedicca, hysterical, stupid and dishonest is no way to go through life.

The best and simplest data shows that You Are An Idiot.

We had a cool summer, but I left my SUV running all night and the temperatures spiked to 115 degrees

We went to the Rodeo last night. It was fabulous to see all the gas guzzling pick up trucks and SUVs in the parking lot. Needs us some Warmin'.

We had a cool summer, but I left my SUV running all night and the temperatures spiked to 115 degrees

We went to the Rodeo last night. It was fabulous to see all the gas guzzling pick up trucks and SUVs in the parking lot. Needs us some Warmin'.

Why would that be "fabulous"? We don't consume enough oil? What, are we going to drown in an oil flood unless we burn it up?

:dunno:

Doesn't surprise me -- I don't think I even had to turn on a fan all summer.
Last winter, most frigid ever, couple of winters before that didn't even show up. No question weather is in upheaval.

I agree with you based on my anecdotal experience, but, at the same time, I remind myself of other things. I do recall when I was little we had pretty wicked thunderstorms that we don't have so bad now. I recall as a kid having many days, even more than a week, with triple digit heat in summers which we haven't had in my adult life. I also have seen/numerous accounts that winters in my area used to be brutal at times. seems more like it is moderating than getting extreme.

I suspect that all our childhood experiences were perceived as 'more extreme'.... ever go back to some building you knew when you were a kid and marvel about how much it shrunk since you grew up? I have.

The fields do not seem as big or people as tall doesn't negate that our river used to freeze and now it doesn't; creeks and ponds barely have ice on them; and that growing up in a house with no air conditioning, I remember quite well those 100+ degree days; and I remember the massive thunderstorms shaking said house and downing trees everywhere. So, sure, that may sometimes be the case, but that is not always the case.

Why would that be "fabulous"? We don't consume enough oil? What, are we going to drown in an oil flood unless we burn it up?

I think it's fabulous when people don't fall for the Anti-Humanity AGW nonsense.

I think it's fabulous when people don't fall for the Anti-Humanity AGW nonsense.

Why would we want to intentionally waste resources? Expensive ones I might add? Doesn't make sense.
Are you saying the value of gas guzzing pickups and SUVs is simply political spite?

Why would we want to intentionally waste resources? Expensive ones I might add? Doesn't make sense.
Are you saying the value of gas guzzing pickups and SUVs is simply political spite?

You are making an assumption that driving a truck or SUV is an intentional waste of resources.

If somebody likes an SUV, can afford it and the gas to power it, then yay for him.

I'm FOR freedom of choice.

Last winter, most frigid ever, couple of winters before that didn't even show up. No question weather is in upheaval.

I'm running my air conditioner now. :mad:

How evul of you....using electricity to make your life more comfortable.

You are making an assumption that driving a truck or SUV is an intentional waste of resources.

If somebody likes an SUV, can afford it and the gas to power it, then yay for him.

"Choice" isn't relevant here. The question is whether it's wasteful.

What's the purpose of a motor vehicle? To go somewhere. So how is a vehicle intentionally not going anywhere yet running not a waste of resources?

And why would you celebrate conspicuous consumption of an expensive resource on which we're dependent?

You know I have you cornered. You know that, right? :D
Call Batfink. That always distracts me. ;)

What's the purpose of a motor vehicle? To go somewhere. So how is a vehicle intentionally not going anywhere yet running not a waste of resources?

And why would you celebrate conspicuous consumption of an expensive resource on which we're dependent?

I don't think, so, hun. But I will acknowledge your effort.

This is still a free country. What is wasteful to one person may be perfectly acceptable to another. You are taking my sarcasm as acceptance of the PC view that SUVs and Trucks are "gas guzzling". If you think they are, then Don't Drive One. If others do drive them because their value systems differ from yours, then that is FREEDOM. Ain't it grand?

And, just for you, here's cute lil Batfink.
Batfink.gif

I'm glad you said that. I went and turned it off. I'll wait till we hit 87 before I turn it back on. :p

I'm glad you said that. I went and turned it off. I'll wait till we hit 87 before I turn it back on. :p

Oh Goody! More 'Lectricity for the rest of us. I think I'll turn on the ceiling fans.

I don't think, so, hun. But I will acknowledge your effort.

This is still a free country. What is wasteful to one person may be perfectly acceptable to another. You are taking my sarcasm as acceptance of the PC view that SUVs and Trucks are "gas guzzling". If you think they are, then Don't Drive One. If others do drive them because their value systems differ from yours, then that is FREEDOM. Ain't it grand?

Uh-- you said "gas guzzling pick ups and SUVs, not me...

And again -- it has nothing to do with "freedom to chose to do so", nor did I imply any such thing --- it's a definition of whether it's a waste. And the original point, why a third party would celebrate it. Ignorance of conservationism especially in the presence of precious resources, is something to pity, not admire... if one places any stock in conservative values that is...

And, just for you, here's cute lil Batfink.
View attachment 33388

Yyyyyyessss!!! My sacrifice, delivered!

:beer:

Hey! Why isn't he moving? I want your money back!

Oh, puh-leeeeze. If you can't recognize sarcasm, then there is no hope for you.

A word from the NOAA to debunk the denier cult. Even in the USA, a cold spot relative to the rest of the globe, September 2014 was warmer than average.

National Overview - September 2014 State of the Climate National Climatic Data Center NCDC
---
The September national temperature was 66.2°F, 1.3°F above average. This ranked as the 26th warmest September in the 120-year period of record.

The contiguous U.S. warm season temperature was 65.7°F, 0.6°F above average. This ranked as the 36th warmest April-September on record.

The January-September contiguous U.S. temperature was 55.3°F. This was 0.2°F above the 20th century average, but also marked the coldest first nine months of a year since 1996.
---

A word from the NOAA to debunk the denier cult. Even in the USA, a cold spot relative to the rest of the globe, September 2014 was warmer than average.

National Overview - September 2014 State of the Climate National Climatic Data Center NCDC
---
The September national temperature was 66.2°F, 1.3°F above average. This ranked as the 26th warmest September in the 120-year period of record.

The contiguous U.S. warm season temperature was 65.7°F, 0.6°F above average. This ranked as the 36th warmest April-September on record.

The January-September contiguous U.S. temperature was 55.3°F. This was 0.2°F above the 20th century average, but also marked the coldest first nine months of a year since 1996.
---
And in the real world.....
uscrn_average_conus_jan2004-april20141.png

Forum List

Back