20,000 gun laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
"See you at the next mass shooting"

No, you won't. You'll be hiding behind your 20,000 gun laws that do nothing to solve this problem.

You'll continue to elect people who refuse to enforce them. You in all your false zeal contribute to the problem instead of fixing it.

None of us can be held blameless for this.

Gun ownership should be regulated Like driving: mandatory gun safety courses and tests to prove you can hit what you aim at. Include gun safety and responsibility classes in high school. Recertify every few years. It will never fly of course because the gun lobby would absolutely oppose it.
I think the gun lobby would be fine with that. It would simply be returning to an earlier time.

Attachments

• high school range.jpg
    high school range.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 12
Not that specifically. You just can't stand disagreement.
I can’t stand the fact that we just witnessed another Sandy Hook, that we have the capability to fix it, that we won’t do anything to fix it, and that we will inevitably have yet another one.

Very frustrating.

I can’t stand the fact that we just witnessed another Sandy Hook, that we have the capability to fix it, that we won’t do anything to fix it, and that we will inevitably have yet another one.

Very frustrating.
We passed 20,000 laws to deal with it. Why aren't they being enforced?

Even passable enforcement would stop these incidents cold. Why add more laws that politicians will refuse to enforce in the future?

We passed 20,000 laws to deal with it. Why aren't they being enforced?

Even passable enforcement would stop these incidents cold. Why add more laws or politicians will refuse to enforce in the future?
Quality over quantity.

I don’t know what those 20,000 laws are but they obviously didn’t fix the issue, so I acknowledge your point with that.

I’m fine with tossing every one of those out the window and starting fresh.

1. Mandatory psychological background checks.
2. Mandatory gun safety courses.
3. Minimum age to buy a gun.

There. 3 laws. We can go from there but you would only agree with the first 2 anyway.

Quality over quantity.

I don’t know what those 20,000 laws are but they obviously didn’t fix the issue, so I acknowledge your point with that.

I’m fine with tossing every one of those out the window and starting fresh.

1. Mandatory psychological background checks.
2. Mandatory gun safety courses.
3. Minimum age to buy a gun.

There. 3 laws. We can go from there but you would only agree with the first 2 anyway.
You would be surprised what I'll agree to, given a convincing enough argument.

Well we just had two major mass shootings in the last 11 days.

No, I don’t think we’re doing enough.
What is absurd is old Joe blaming the gun lobby. WTF! The gun lobby has little influence in DC. Somehow the old fuck thinks they have power. When has he ever said anything about the industries who have enormous power in DC? Like big pharma or big oil?

Ok. Why is putting an age minimum for hand guns at 21 constitutional but an age limit for long guns at 21 isn’t constitutional?
That's a good question. I blame that on the ever changing logic of our courts.

Also, like I said earlier, we trust 18 year olds to handle long guns in a profession that requires their use, which I think is throwing the courts off. Until the courts reach a consensus on what legal adulthood is, neither will I.

In my opinion, laws should not be passed on uncertain legal interpretation.

If they agree on 18, then so be it. If 21, so be it.

That's a good question. I blame that on the ever changing logic of our courts.

Also, like I said earlier, we trust 18 year olds to handle long guns in a profession that requires their use, which I think is throwing the courts off. Until the courts reach a consensus on what legal adulthood is, neither will I.

In my opinion, laws should not be passed on uncertain legal interpretation.

If they agree on 18, then so be it. If 21, so be it.
So you’re open to the idea of raising the minimum age for long guns to 21. Correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back