20,000 gun laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 20,000+ gun laws on the books in America. Which one would have stopped the school shooter yesterday? None of them. Because they are not being enforced.
So what's the use of passing more laws when you're too lazy to enforce the ones you've already passed?
Having the age to legally buy rifles, be the same as for handguns, might have put it off for 3 years. Some 4th graders might have gotten to be 7th. 7th grade was cool. Now they will miss it.

Slow down immigration. For some period of years. Legal citizens need to assimilate into the American culture. Improve traditional marriage and lessen the Prog extremisms. Mental Health issues will improve, and we need mental health conferences on housing potentially dangerous people with psyche issues.

Having the age to legally buy rifles, be the same as for handguns, might have put it off for 3 years. Some 4th graders might have gotten to be 7th. 7th grade was cool. Now they will miss it.
I appreciate your sarcasm, my overly emotional friend, but that didn't answer my question. Of 20,000 laws, surely there was one to stop this from happening.

Both the Buffalo shooter and the elementary school shooter legally purchased long guns as 18-year-olds.

Raise the minimum age to purchase a long gun.
To what precisely?

How about instead of raising the age you make gun safety courses and psychological background checks mandatory for anyone 18 or older buying a long gun?

People who want to dictate the lawwith emotion, people like you, are dangerous. Use your head.

There are 20,000+ gun laws on the books in America. Which one would have stopped the school shooter yesterday? None of them. Because they are not being enforced.
So what's the use of passing more laws when you're too lazy to enforce the ones you've already passed?

How about passing effective ones, Twinkie?

I appreciate your sarcasm, my overly emotional friend, but that didn't answer my question. Of 20,000 laws, surely there was one to stop this from happening.
Because the real goal is total ban and confiscation. They're just doing it incrementally so we can't complain about total ban and confiscation.

What we need to do is repeal everything and tell these ass lickers to fuck off.

To what precisely?

How about instead of raising the age you make gun safety courses and psychological background checks mandatory for anyone 18 or older buying a long gun?

People who want to dictate the lawwith emotion, people like you, are dangerous. Use your head.
You asked what law could have prevented this mass shooting. I just gave you one. Make it more difficult for teenagers to get a gun.

I don’t know what age. Maybe 21. That’s exactly what Florida did after the Stoneman Douglas shooting. What’s so terrible about this?

Mandatory background checks and gun safety courses are good too. However, the Buffalo shooter was cleared of a background check and we know how that worked out.

I think raising the minimum age would allow these people to grow out of whatever emotional turbulence they’re dealing with as teenagers. At least give them a chance to snap out of it before they do something terrible. It would also give psychologists more time and data to adequately evaluate whether someone is truly a danger to society. Allowing people as young as 18 to purchase guns really puts most of the mental health evaluations on school personnel and I don’t think they’re adequately staffed to identify all the crazies.

You want to make it seem like there’s nothing that can be done about this. Like we have thousands of laws that wouldn’t have stopped this. The truth is that we can do something that would have stopped this, you just don’t want to do it.

Last edited:
You asked what law could have prevented this mass shooting. I just gave you one. Make it more difficult for teenagers to get a gun.
How do you suggest doing that without violating the constitution? We had kids that age fighting wars with muskets and long guns. They don't need to be banned, they need to be taught. You can give a kid a gun to fight wars but not as a means to defend himself or his family.

With my suggestions in mind, leave the minimum age alone. Address family stability first. Encourage family cohesion.

Last edited:
How do you suggest doing that without violating the constitution?
I just told you. Raise the minimum age limit for long guns like Florida did.

A Federal judge doesn’t believe that this is a violation of the constitution. We already have a minimum age limit for hand guns as well.

You asked what law would have stopped this. I just gave you one. It’s not that we can’t stop these incidents, it’s that you don’t want to. You guys ask for solutions just so you can shit on them and demand that nothing be done. And then you wonder why the same thing keeps happening over and over.

I just told you. Raise the minimum age limit for long guns like Florida did.

A Federal judge doesn’t believe that this is a violation of the constitution. We already have a minimum age limit for hand guns as well.
It is a contradiction of this mandate to allow kids to fight wars with them but ban them from owning them privately. Either you do or do not trust them with handgun or a rifle.

It is a contradiction of this mandate to allow kids to fight wars with them but ban them from owning them privately. Either you do or do not trust them with handgun or a rifle.
That’s exactly what Florida did. They only allow people under 21 to purchase guns if their job occupation requires them to handle guns. This seems reasonable to me.

What are the requirements to purchase a firearm in Florida?

• Must be 21 years of age. Rifles and shotguns may be purchased by a person who is at least 18 when that person is a law enforcement officer or correctional officer as defined in F.S. 943.10 or service member as defined in F.S. 250.01.
Why do people like you ask for solutions just so you can shit on them and demand that nothing be done?

That’s exactly what Florida did. They only allow people under 21 to purchase guns if their job occupation requires them to handle guns. This seems reasonable to me.

What are the requirements to purchase a firearm in Florida?

• Must be 21 years of age. Rifles and shotguns may be purchased by a person who is at least 18 when that person is a law enforcement officer or correctional officer as defined in F.S. 943.10 or service member as defined in F.S. 250.01.
Why do people like you ask for solutions just so you can shit on them and demand that nothing be done?
Because there are legal repercussions. All of the things I suggested do not violate the constitutional rights of anyone while addressing the core issues around gun sales.

What do you expect us to do? Eviscerate the bill of rights to solve this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back