19 Years After 9/11 - Trump Is Close To Signing Peace Deal With The Taliban

Donald Trump whern Obama was PResident:
"While @BarackObama is slashing the military, he is also negotiating with our sworn enemy the Taliban--who facilitated 9/11."

This is Donald Trump who now thinks he deserves a Nobel Peace prize for negotiating with the Taliban.

Plus the stupid fuck thonks that as troops were reduced in Iraq & Afghanistan, that the spending should be the same. Let us not forget it was Bush that opted for nation building in Afghanistan to get Bin Laden.

reagan_taliban_1985.jpg

evangelical culture is based around the concept of martyrdom

you would think i'm an asshole if i compared that to the Taliban, wouldn't you?

no comment!

Trump is the Dennis Rodman of diplomacy. rough around the edges but gets the job done and scores big achievements

obviously if WWIII happened Trump would have to use the troops for a coupla days until it's resolved

but there's no reason to use the military otherwise, diplomacy is the solution, folks

the American mission is to keep the peace one more year, one more week, one more day, one more hour, one more second, and let diplomats work their magic in that time

"Afghanistan’s warring factions have announced they will begin their first direct peace talks Saturday in Qatar to negotiate a political settlement to the country’s long conflict. "I can announce with great pride that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will be departing this evening on a historic trip to Doha for the beginning of intra-Afghan peace negotiations -- “We’re negotiating and we’re really making tremendous progress,” Mr. Trump said at a White House press conference. “We’re getting along very well with the Taliban.”

After nearly 20 years of war in Afghanistan -- it is great news to see an end to that seemingly never-ending war.....It wasn't that long ago that the idea of sitting down with the Taliban and negotiating a way to leave that war would have been looked at as "weakness" or "cut and run" by both Republicans and some Democrats -- Trump is the only one who could get this done.....and this will be huge for him in the upcoming elections....

It should have been done years ago, but I am glad it is being done now -- this belief that signing peace deals with your enemy is weakness and should be prevented or even reversed when a peace deal has already been signed is absurd...no more endless wars to line the pockets of defense contractors and huge fossil fuel corporations....
Egypt had an agreement with the jews and it was tossed out back in the 80's. As for trumputin brokering a deal it is void on signature's placed on the paper.

the CIA helped kick the Russians out of Afghanistan...their only accomplishment ever

Trump is the most reluctant president ever to go to war

yet the question remains: what would happen if America went to war with a president not ready for the action

Forum List

Back