15 movies that would never get made today

due to PC thought police. A couple of these I have not seen or heard of. Blazing Saddles I thought made fun of racial stereotypes but no doubt would not be made today.
Movies like "Blazing Saddles" so brilliant in concept and execution should be encouraged and promoted as one of the best social weapons to combat racism that has come along in quite awhile. Illustrating stereotypes as harmless and sometimes endearing and racial insults shown as the ugly and baseless slurs it properly reveals those making them as the ignorant, unclassy, ugly people that they are, it elevates the black man to the normal status in society that he should rightfully be.

I agree that Pirates is another fascinating concept brilliantly conceived and executed. In all honesty I haven't seen and don't know anything about the others as I pretty much dismiss most modern movies as not worth my time.

I probably do miss out on a good movie now and then because of that.

Last edited:
Have they edited out the scene when the sheriff announces that he is going to "whip out" a document, but the townsfolk think he is referring to something else more carnal?

Don't remember' I never watched more than a few minutes of the edited job.

They also edited out the country and western bar scene from The Blues Brothers, where Belushi covers Tammy Wynette's song and the 'Rawhide' song as well, one, of the funniest scenes in the movie. Never found out why, guess some tard demanded a huge check from anybody who ran it after acquiring the rights or something.

due to PC thought police. A couple of these I have not seen or heard of. Blazing Saddles I thought made fun of racial stereotypes but no doubt would not be made today.

Everytime you or anyone says "they won't let you do that today" only does one thing, and that's to reinforce the idea you can't do that. It strengthens the idea were all bound to the invisible pc police and that you really can't make any movie you want.

You're essentially helping the people that want to control what movies can be made every time you utter that phrase.

Quentin Tarantino has some thoughts on that very phrase "they won't let you do that".

So, anyone can make any movie they want to. There is no world movie police, there is no all seeing entity, there are no laws, there is none of that. The only people who "can't do that" can't do that because they convinced themselves "they won't let me do that".

This kind of attitude needs to change. When someone says you can't do something because it isn't politically correct the response should be "well, watch me".

Forum List

Back