11% Parents Send Their Kids to Private School. Public School Teachers 3-4X That Rate

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
They know how bad public education is compared to private education.

If parents got vouchers to send their kids to private school that number would skyrocket.

This is not a surprise. The problem is that most school districts require the teachers to live within the district. As a result, teachers are prevented from with doing what everyone else in the Middle Class does and move to a district with good schools.

So they teach in districts with crappy demographics and crappy schools, but most of would not live there if it were not obligatory. There are lots of good-paying jobs in those districts. They are also good at getting their kids into the most desirable programs in the crappy urban districts, which is why the OTHER 75% of teachers DON'T send their kids to private schools.

I don't blame them for doing what is best for their kids.

If parents got vouchers to send their kids to private school that number would skyrocket.

I'm hearing all these nightmare stories about crazy things happening at private schools like

I'm hearing all these nightmare stories about crazy things happening at private schools like

Leftist seminary more like it.

LOL....that's an awesome statistic.......lololol.......gotta love it.

Leftist seminary more like it.
So not all private schools are great and not all public schools are bad. Got it.

Public Education is the default. You love your kids and you want more control rather than someone to just do it for you, you go home school or private school.

Public Education is the default. You love your kids and you want more control rather than someone to just do it for you, you go home school or private school.
I believe the best students/parents in public schools do the same things that private schools do. And the teacher challenges them just like an inferior private school teacher does.

The difference is the dummies in public school have to be there and their parents don't care. Those kids would never go to a private school. If they did they'd fail out.

So public school is necessary for a lot of kids. If you live in a shitty public school district. If you are rich and your private school preps kids for schools like Harvard and Yale. My nephews both go/went to great private schools for all the reasons mentioned.

Well, this is a private school and it can set their policy in education. If you don't like it, then you can choose another one.

Forum List

Back