100,000 dead ain't Sheyat compared to 40 million out of work....

Nothing I posted was a lie.

We have plenty of quotes of Trump diminishing the seriousness of this virus. And it blew up in his face.

Feb 25: "CDC & my administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus."

Whoops.
So where in that specific quote is he dismissing the seriousness of this virus?

He thought he was doing a great job. With 100,000 deaths later, it's pretty clear that he wasn't.
He was unaware of how serious the virus was.

He could have started by getting off his fat ass and replenishing the stockpile.

So, he needed to predict the onset of the virus. Okay.

He needed to make sure the nation was prepared for threats to our health and economy. It's not like any of this is new.

2002: West Nile Virus
2003: SARS
2006: E. Coli
2009: H1N1
2012: Mers
2014: Ebola
2016: Zika Virus

But did it ever occur to Trump that we might want to be prepared in case of a virus outbreak? Nooooooo, it's not like that has ever happened. Better to just sit on his ass for 3.5 years and blame the other guy.

Well there you have it then. He minimized the seriousness of the virus.

Why would anyone put their faith in China? Big mistake.

Uh, no. The whole world put their faith in them to do the right thing. We got 350,000 dead worldwide for our trouble.

Question is, why were/are Democrats and the WHO kowtowing to the CCP?

Moreover, how do you think our trade deal would go if he were to treat China like you want him to?

So he minimized the seriousness of the virus, like I said, and it's because he listened to China, which he shouldn't have.

No disagreement there.

He had 3.5 years. At what point does responsibility transfer over to the current guy in charge? Give me a number.

Obama had eight. At what point would responsibility have fallen on him to replenish the stockpile after depleting it during the H1N1 pandemic? A year later? Two years? Three?

Give me a number.

Sure. I'll give you a number after you give me one.

How long is Trump's hall-pass lack of responsibility good for? He had 3.5 years. At what point does responsibility transfer over to the current guy in charge? Give me a number.

But did it ever occur to Trump that we might want to be prepared in case of a virus outbreak? Nooooooo, it's not like that has ever happened. Better to just sit on his ass for 3.5 years and blame the other guy.

So, after that pandemic, why didn't it ever occur to Obama that we might have wanted to be prepared for the next pandemic? Because he simply had more important political and legislative priorities. Something as bad as that should spur concern for your fellow man and trigger a compulsion to use your power to prepare your country for the next pandemic that strikes, whether that hit during his term or Trump's.

He had 3.5 years. At what point does responsibility transfer over to the current guy in charge? Give me a number.

Obama had eight. At what point would responsibility have fallen on him to replenish the stockpile after depleting it during the H1N1 pandemic? A year later? Two years? Three?

Give me a number.

So...they are both at fault. Or neither, depending on where the power/authority to replenish the supplies lays. I've seen this argument take place a number of times on this site, and it always seems to boil down to "It's Trump's fault because the pandemic happened on his watch" vs "It's Obama's fault because the supplies were used on his watch." Strangely, there is very rarely anyone saying "It's both of their faults because neither one of them ensured the supplies were replenished."

There's plenty of blame to go around. For the national stockpile being low, and for the US government's reaction to the COVID-19 virus. Blame China. Blame Trump. Blame Cuomo. Blame {insert politician here}. There has been bipartisan and international dumbfuckery. A lot of that is only clear in hindsight, of course, but I think there's plenty of 'should have known better at the time' blame to throw at members of either major political party, too. And China, of course.

So, after that pandemic, why didn't it ever occur to Obama that we might have wanted to be prepared for the next pandemic? Because he simply had more important political and legislative priorities. Something as bad as that should spur concern for your fellow man and trigger a compulsion to use your power to prepare your country for the next pandemic that strikes, whether that hit during his term or Trump's.

Obama left them a detailed memo on this.

They ignored it.

Give me a number.

So...they are both at fault. Or neither, depending on where the power/authority to replenish the supplies lays. I've seen this argument take place a number of times on this site, and it always seems to boil down to "It's Trump's fault because the pandemic happened on his watch" vs "It's Obama's fault because the supplies were used on his watch." Strangely, there is very rarely anyone saying "It's both of their faults because neither one of them ensured the supplies were replenished."

There's plenty of blame to go around. For the national stockpile being low, and for the US government's reaction to the COVID-19 virus. Blame China. Blame Trump. Blame Cuomo. Blame {insert politician here}. There has been bipartisan and international dumbfuckery. A lot of that is only clear in hindsight, of course, but I think there's plenty of 'should have known better at the time' blame to throw at members of either major political party, too. And China, of course.

BINGO.

I will take that well-worded response as my cue to exit this thread.

They ignored it.

That's it? A memo? Why didn't he just leave them with a fully stocked strategic stockpile instead? What good is a piece of paper gonna do huh?

View attachment 340590

Trump minimized the seriousness of this virus. Now 100,000 people have died from it and our economy is a disaster. Good job, conservatives. So much winning.

Your desperation is duly noted. And you have good reason for your desperation but why LIE?

WOW! Chris Wallace CALLS OUT a Stunned Pelosi for Pushing Tourism to Chinatown in Late February (VIDEO)
By Jim Hoft
Published April 19, 2020 at 11:03am

Back in late February, 4 weeks after President Trump banned flights from China from entering the US, Speaker Pelosi was out urging tourists to hit San Francisco’s Chinatown.

Jan 31 — President Trump banned flights from China.
Feb. 5 — Democrats blasted President Trump for his China travel ban.
Feb 24 — Pelosi was pushing tourism to Chinatown.
March 13 — NY Mayor DeBlasio encourages New Yorkers to go about their daily lives as usual.

Last week Pelosi deleted a video of herself on Twitter walking around in Chinatown on February 24 downplaying the Coronavirus and urging people to “come to Chinatown.”

WOW! Chris Wallace CALLS OUT a Stunned Pelosi for Pushing Tourism to Chinatown in Late February (VIDEO)

###

Published March 18, 2020
WHO haunted by January tweet saying China found no human transmission of coronavirus

The World Health Organization (WHO) is now haunted by a tweet it sent earlier this year when it cited Chinese health officials who claimed there had been no human transmissions of the novel coronavirus within the country yet.

The Jan. 14 tweet came less than two months before WHO declared COVID-19 to be a global pandemic.

"Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China," the organization had said.

It also relied on information from Chinese health authorities who have been accused of obscuring facts and figures during the course of the outbreak.

WHO haunted by January tweet saying China found no human transmission of coronavirus

Nothing I posted was a lie.

We have plenty of quotes of Trump diminishing the seriousness of this virus. And it blew up in his face.

Feb 25: "CDC & my administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus."

Whoops.

And "we" have dozens of quotes with Democrats screaming that President Trump was overreacting.

"
Feb 24 — Pelosi was pushing tourism to Chinatown.
March 13 — NY Mayor DeBlasio encourages New Yorkers to go about their daily lives as usual.

Your childish effort if both childish and counter-productive. Trying to blame President Trump for something that is clearly not, will serve only to show that Democrats are far more interested in bringing down a president than solving problems.

Specifically what were the Democrats doing, spending all their time on between January 2017 and February 5th 2020?

I'll help, here is what Democrats were concentrating all their time and energy upon.

MTP DAILY
House impeachment managers walk articles to Senate
Jan. 15, 2020
  • "The seven impeachment managers chosen by Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who will guide the trial, deliver the articles to the Senate in a historic moment."

At any rate, Montrovant is right.

I'm not denying Trump should have been more prepared than he was. He could have. But what some of you are doing is simply blaming Trump... for everything. The blame falls on everyone involved in the handling of this virus, not just Trump, or Obama. Neither of whom could have forseen this disaster coming.

They ignored it.

That's it? A memo? Why didn't he just leave them with a fully stocked strategic stockpile instead? What good is a piece of paper gonna do huh?

"The Trump administration declined to use a nearly 70-page pandemic preparedness playbook created by the National Security Council's health unit during the Obama administration in favor of other preparation materials, Politico reported on Wednesday.

The playbook, devised in 2016 and finalized in 2017 both by top political appointees and career national security officials in the wake of the 2014-15 Ebola crisis, sought to lay the groundwork for a seamless and coordinated response to avoid confusion and conflicting messages from federal officials."

He made a playbook that was finalized in 2017. They didn't use it.

There's just nothing you're willing to admit his responsibility for, huh?

At any rate, Montrovant is right.

I'm not denying Trump should have been more prepared than he was. He could have. But what some of you are doing is simply blaming Trump... for everything. The blame falls on everyone involved in the handling of this virus, not just Trump, or Obama. Neither of whom could have forseen this disaster coming.

Obama is not in office. Trump is.

While this is not entirely his fault. The vast majority of it is.

Forum List

Back