10 Myths about atheists debunked

I am an atheist. I don't hurt people , nor do I advocate the destruction of others or murder innocents to reinforce my views. Theists do that. MLK was a theist , so was Gandhi. Hitler was Christian, were do you go with that?
Stalin and Mao were atheists and killed far more than Hitler. Where do you go with that ?
You both go to an 'argument' that fails as a composition fallacy.
Really. I wasn't arguing. How many people died believing in Jesus to resurrect them from the grave? Biggest con job ever. And then there is Islam, the biggest con so far. Harm non believer infidels and YOU get a special place in heaven! Drink deep of the purple kool aid.
\

What difference does it make what kind of drama people believe in while they are alive ? Do you get some special points after you die for being an atheist ? Are you superior to religious people ?

The 'drama' a person believes in can lead to actions that affect you.

There are no special points to being an atheist. Superiority? I doubt you can argue that atheism tells atheist they are superior to religious people. IN fact, for some religions, it is argued the other way around.

Really. I wasn't arguing. How many people died believing in Jesus to resurrect them from the grave? Biggest con job ever. And then there is Islam, the biggest con so far. Harm non believer infidels and YOU get a special place in heaven! Drink deep of the purple kool aid.

If Jesus resurrection is the biggest con job ever, how could Islam be the biggest con job so far? Since "so far" and "ever" imply the same thing and "biggest" refers to just one, your statements are contradictory.

You don't have to believe in either, of course, but they can't BOTH be the biggest.

I still want to know why I can't post freely on this board here. Why did Freddie Grey get his neck snapped and dragged around like dead meat. God's will?
I would see that as the will of the person who dragged him around. We live in one forsaken evil world. Great thing that there can be hope in the afterlife. Especially in the case of the Freddie Grey's of this life. Hey, remember what the world did to Christ Himself.
Will you get over it? In the time it takes me to type this 50 people in america just got raped tortured and or murdered.

So god sending one son to take one for the team is not very impressive. Especially if I knew theyd be talking about me for the next 10 thousand freaking years. Martyr.

Easy for YOU to say. It wasn't your son----

I am an atheist. I don't hurt people , nor do I advocate the destruction of others or murder innocents to reinforce my views. Theists do that. MLK was a theist , so was Gandhi. Hitler was Christian, were do you go with that?
Stalin and Mao were atheists and killed far more than Hitler. Where do you go with that ?
\

What difference does it make what kind of drama people believe in while they are alive ? Do you get some special points after you die for being an atheist ? Are you superior to religious people ?

There are no special points to being an atheist. Superiority? I doubt you can argue that atheism tells atheist they are superior to religious people. IN fact, for some religions, it is argued the other way around.

na only people's actions have the possibility of affecting me. What they think is harmless. oh cmon---atheist are constantly mocking believers like they are stupid sheep. That's certainly not an inferiority complex.

\

Yea but we do sort of feel smarter than theists because we dont believe the unbelievable.

\

Yea but we do sort of feel smarter than theists because we dont believe the unbelievable.
I don't feel smart, I am bewildered and lost. I almost drowned as a child, my dad pulled me out of the water . I remember inhaling in the water and looking up in the water at the sky. Then my dad yanked me out and saved me. A few years later, he had a cardiac arrest, I gave him CPR....and nothing. God wasn't there, no angels were singing, silence. Nothing. And I couldn't SAVE him. It seemed so random and pointless. Gods will? Or random happenstance?

\

I don't feel smart, I am bewildered and lost. I almost drowned as a child, my dad pulled me out of the water . I remember inhaling in the water and looking up in the water at the sky. Then my dad yanked me out and saved me. A few years later, he had a cardiac arrest, I gave him CPR....and nothing. God wasn't there, no angels were singing, silence. Nothing. And I couldn't SAVE him. It seemed so random and pointless. Gods will? Or random happenstance?
Be grateful you were born. Your parents could have had sex a day later or never met and you wouldnt even be here.

We just happen to be the most intelligent life on this tiny planet. There are probably billions of other planets with life on them. What makes us more special than any other living thing?

I like science and facts.

\

Be grateful you were born. Your parents could have had sex a day later or never met and you wouldnt even be here.

We just happen to be the most intelligent life on this tiny planet. There are probably billions of other planets with life on them. What makes us more special than any other living thing?

Yeah science!

\

Yeah science!
It is amazing how many things that led up to you being born. Your parents had to meet and your grandparents and all your ancestors going back a million years to where your ape ancestors lived then go back to when your ancestors crawled out of the sea. And we wouldnt be here if the meteor didn't wipe out the dinosaurs.

\

Yeah science!

Unfortunately science doesn't know all the facts and never will. Many "facts" they came up with 100 years are now know to be a joke. Science as magical as it seems will always just be a toy of humans. Ask scientists to explain the purpose of human existence.

\

no---you believe in what some "scientist" tells you when you have no personal proof of its validity much of what they claim to be true is still a theory yet to proven. )

\

I love it-----who decided that humans are the most intelligent life on the planet ? HUMANS .
You've been in your box too long.

I believe in Oxygen, without IT everyone dies, end of story. We can't live without bread and water. But we can live without Mohamed, Buddha, Jesus. The usual bollocks, we can make do without.

Yeah science!

Unfortunately science doesn't know all the facts and never will. Many "facts" they came up with 100 years are now know to be a joke. Science as magical as it seems will always just be a toy of humans. Ask scientists to explain the purpose of human existence.
You run to science the minute you get sick.

No I'll ask an organized religion the purpose. I'll ask you. What is your purpose?

Yeah science!

No I'll ask an organized religion the purpose. I'll ask you. What is your purpose?
I think what he is talking about is mostly evolution. If he is questioning the proven sciences that we use on a daily basis then he is an idiot but I don't think that's where he was going with that.

Yeah science!

I think what he is talking about is mostly evolution. If he is questioning the proven sciences that we use on a daily basis then he is an idiot but I don't think that's where he was going with that.
They take the medicine that comes from the very science that tells us evolution is real. Like my dad says when I try to explain evolution to my dad and he says science is stupid because their answers make him uncomfortable.

But relax. None of it proves god is not real.

Yeah science!

They take the medicine that comes from the very science that tells us evolution is real. Like my dad says when I try to explain evolution to my dad and he says science is stupid because their answers make him uncomfortable.

But relax. None of it proves god is not real.
It has nothing to do with proving god is real or not but there are very different fields of science. Trying to determine where humans came from through evolution did not create our current medicine. Studying the diseases did...

Back in 1963 or so, I asked my Sunday school teacher, WHERE DID GOD come from? Ask him when you get into heaven, she replied. put me on the fence theistically. I nearly drown, father saves me, religion looks good. But Then, religion lost out after My father died in my arms, and my catholic priest , father X died of cirrhosis a year or two later. Gods will. Free will. Whatever.

I believe in Oxygen, without IT everyone dies, end of story. We can't live without bread and water. But we can live without Mohamed, Buddha, Jesus. The usual bollocks, we can make do without.

End of story ? You think the universe disappears when humans do ?? It must be one of those scientific theories.

Back in 1963 or so, I asked my Sunday school teacher, WHERE DID GOD come from? Ask him when you get into heaven, she replied. put me on the fence theistically. I nearly drown, father saves me, religion looks good. But Then, religion lost out after My father died in my arms, and my catholic priest , father X died of cirrhosis a year or two later. Gods will. Free will. Whatever.

and somehow you drew the conclusion that there isn't a God because of death ? Go ahead--see if science can keep you going forever.

Forum List

Back