Business Outrage over Louisiana's religious freedom law that discriminates openly against LGBT folks

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
"IBM, which is building a new facility in Baton Rouge mere blocks away from the Louisiana Capitol, has written a letter to Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal over his support for a controversial “religious freedom” bill in the Louisiana House that critics say would allow businesses and individuals to openly discriminate against LGBTQ people."

Just tired of religious heresy fashioned as somehow far right social cons' religious beliefs are being checked.

IBM fires off angry letter to Jindal over religious freedom bill New Orleans Sun Times

IBM is not a person and has no right to vote for laws. The founders of our constitution saw fit that the citizens of this country have religious liberty to believe how they choose. Globalist government backers and the companies that back them are using the Gay agenda to turn people against Christianity. They are trying to overthrow our constitution!

It's not "religious heresy", it is an expression of your beliefs through the exercise of non-participation in the coddling of those who deem themselves privileged and above reproach.

"IBM, which is building a new facility in Baton Rouge mere blocks away from the Louisiana Capitol, has written a letter to Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal over his support for a controversial “religious freedom” bill in the Louisiana House that critics say would allow businesses and individuals to openly discriminate against LGBTQ people."

Just tired of religious heresy fashioned as somehow far right social cons' religious beliefs are being checked.

IBM fires off angry letter to Jindal over religious freedom bill New Orleans Sun Times
No one will be surprised when either someone wins a lawsuit against that law or it is clarified just like the Indiana law to not allow discrimination.

“Jindal goes on to say Louisiana’s religious freedom bill will not legalize discrimination against the LGBT community, but rather will protect religious people from being mistreated by the government.”

Ignorant nonsense.

There is ample First Amendment jurisprudence affording citizens the ability to seek relief in Federal court should government violate the Free Exercise Clause, no further 'legislation' is necessary.

I don't understand this desire to force people to of business with those.who don't want to of business to you.

If someone told me they didn't want to do business with a Mormon, I'd prefer my money went to someone who didn't care about my religious viewpoints or wanted to do business with me because of them.

I also don't understand how someone can claim to be Christian and not want to do business with someone because they are gay. It be one thing if you were supporting a gay marriage you are against or a gay rights parade or something supporting the lifestyle. But why should you refuse to do business with a man who wants to buy groceries or.eat at your restaurant. It makes no sense. Especially when Christians are supposed to be hospitable. Their eating food has absolutely no correlation with their sexual preferences.

Religious private association should not trump public accommodation in business

Forum List

Back