1 in 5 Democrats Say World Will Be Better Off if U.S. Loses War

red states rule

May 30, 2006
This is bad folks. 20% of Demcocrats in this poll think the world would be better off if the US LOSES the war in Iraq

FOX News Poll: Nearly 1 in 5 Democrats Say World Will Be Better Off if U.S. Loses War
Thursday, October 04, 2007

By Dana Blanton

NEW YORK — Nearly one out of every five Democrats thinks the world will be better off if America loses the war in Iraq, according to the FOX News Opinion Dynamics Poll released Thursday.

The percentage of Democrats (19 percent) who believe that is nearly four times the number of Republicans (5 percent) who gave the same answer. Seven percent of independents said the world would be better off if the U.S. lost the war

Overall, 11 percent of Americans think the world would be "better off" if the U.S. lost the war, and 73 percent disagree.

Opinion Dynamics Corp. conducted the national telephone poll of 900 registered voters for FOX News from Sept. 25 to Sept. 26. The poll has a 3-point margin of error.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299374,00.html

This is bad folks. 20% of Demcocrats in this poll think the world would be better off if the US LOSES the war in Iraq

FOX News Poll: Nearly 1 in 5 Democrats Say World Will Be Better Off if U.S. Loses War
Thursday, October 04, 2007

By Dana Blanton

NEW YORK — Nearly one out of every five Democrats thinks the world will be better off if America loses the war in Iraq, according to the FOX News Opinion Dynamics Poll released Thursday.

The percentage of Democrats (19 percent) who believe that is nearly four times the number of Republicans (5 percent) who gave the same answer. Seven percent of independents said the world would be better off if the U.S. lost the war

Overall, 11 percent of Americans think the world would be "better off" if the U.S. lost the war, and 73 percent disagree.

Opinion Dynamics Corp. conducted the national telephone poll of 900 registered voters for FOX News from Sept. 25 to Sept. 26. The poll has a 3-point margin of error.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299374,00.html
No, what is bad is that Fox asked such a loaded biased question. It presupposes that the public doesn't think the war is already lost. I would like to have heard the Actual question that was asked, and how many who answered, had to have the question explained or restated,to be able to answer it.

RSR never actually reads anything... he just likes "spin" that FauxNews likes to give:

The question:

Do you personally think the world would would be better off if the United States loses the war in Iraq?
Yes No (Don't Know)
25-26 Sept 07 11% 73% 1%
Democrats 19% 62% 20%
Republicans 5% 87% 8%
Independants 7% 76% 17%

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/100407_Iraq_prayer_web.pdf

The actual result is that 87% of Republicans and 62% of Democrats thought the answer was no, which should be adjusted for the margin of error or plus or minus 3%. This is really a non-subject except for the loonies. The more interesting story would have been that 20% of Democrats really don't know the answer... which means they're listening and thinking and don't have any real answers to how this mess should be resolved. That pretty much goes with Gen. Petraeus' response to the question as to whether this war is making us safer. His answer: "I don't know".

I guess Fox had a slow news day.

RSR never actually reads anything... he just likes "spin" that FauxNews likes to give:

The question:

Do you personally think the world would would be better off if the United States loses the war in Iraq?
Yes No (Don't Know)
25-26 Sept 07 11% 73% 1%
Democrats 19% 62% 20%
Republicans 5% 87% 8%
Independants 7% 76% 17%

The actual result is that 87% of Republicans and 62% of Democrats thought the answer was no, which should be adjusted for the margin of error or plus or minus 3%. This is really a non-subject except for the loonies. The more interesting story would have been that 20% of Democrats really don't know the answer... which means they're listening and thinking and don't have any real answers to how this mess should be resolved. That pretty much goes with Gen. Petraeus' response to the question as to whether this war is making us safer. His answer: "I don't know".

A reasonable response to a stupid thread poster.

The question:

Yes No (Don't Know)
25-26 Sept 07 11% 73% 1%
Democrats 19% 62% 20%
Republicans 5% 87% 8%
Independants 7% 76% 17%

What is wrong Jilly? Hate to see how the kook left base of your party wants the US to lose the war?

Your party has invested their politcal future in the failure of the US military in Iraq

No, what is bad is that Fox asked such a loaded biased question. It presupposes that the public doesn't think the war is already lost. I would like to have heard the Actual question that was asked, and how many who answered, had to have the question explained or restated,to be able to answer it.

How is it a "loaded question"?

It is well known the moonbat left wants the US to lose in Iraq. Now we have proof

The question:

Yes No (Don't Know)
25-26 Sept 07 11% 73% 1%
Democrats 19% 62% 20%
Republicans 5% 87% 8%
Independants 7% 76% 17%

To parse it a little more....
19% of Dims think it better if the US loses
20% don't know the answer....

So a full 39% of Dims are even more stupid than we have believed in the past in response to the question.....thats pretty telling....
Thankfully:eusa_pray: ...62% of Dims have at least some common sense.....

To parse it a little more....
19% of Dims think it better if the US loses
20% don't know the answer....

So a full 39% of Dims are even more stupid than we have believed in the past in response to the question.....thats pretty telling....
Thankfully:eusa_pray: ...62% of Dims have at least some common sense.....

I wonder if the number is that high - I hope it is

What is wrong Jilly? Hate to see how the kook left base of your party wants the US to lose the war?

Your party has invested their politcal future in the failure of the US military in Iraq

S'matter, dimbulb? Don't like knowing that you're part of the 20% or so of this country that doesn't think Bush is incompetent and shouldn't be trusted with anything more complicated than clearing brush in Crawford?

My party has been particularly gonad-less in ending this thing. Goes to how you define "loss" and "win". Bush's f-ups haven't left anything other than bad choices.... incompetence which he has kindly left it to others to clean up.

S'matter, dimbulb? Don't like knowing that you're part of the 20% or so of this country that doesn't think Bush is incompetent and shouldn't be trusted with anything more complicated than clearing brush in Crawford?

My party has been particularly gonad-less in ending this thing. Goes to how you define "loss" and "win". Bush's f-ups haven't left anything other than bad choices.... incompetence which he has kindly left it to others to clean up.

Keep waving the white flag Jilly - the other symbol of your party. Libs are pissed the Dems have not cut off funding and surrendered in Iraq and it is fun to watch them turn on their own

Well crap. I guess we should elect politicians to only do the easy stuff, huh? In fact, that might not be a bad idea. From what I have seen displayed on either side of the aisle, that is about all the current batch of politicians is capable of handling. Heaven forbid we should get a politician with anything resembling a backbone, moral standards or principles. Obviously common sense is waaaay too much to ask for!

Well crap. I guess we should elect politicians to only do the easy stuff, huh? In fact, that might not be a bad idea. From what I have seen displayed on either side of the aisle, that is about all the current batch of politicians is capable of handling. Heaven forbid we should get a politician with anything resembling a backbone, moral standards or principles. Obviously common sense is waaaay too much to ask for!

Common sense would have kept us out of Iraq in the first instance. And common sense would have kept anyone from giving Bush any authority whatsoever with regard to Iran.

I agree there's a lack of backbone... on the part of the wuss republicans AND democrats who are not setting goals and setting a course to get our troops home and are still, for some reason beyond my comprehension, giving the admin anything they want.

Over 70% of this country wants out. Clearly not just democrats... And it would be higher if there was a draft and chickenhawks like you had to go to Iraq.

AMEN, baby.

I'd pay good money to see RSR's face the moment he was handed his orders to report to basic training, and subsequent deployment to the ghettos of Baghdad.

I'd pay good money to see RSR's face the moment he was handed his orders to report to basic training, and subsequent deployment to the ghettos of Baghdad.

I want to take a second and say that I just read the thread about RSR having cancer, and that although i've had my differences with you RSR, I wish you nothing but the best in this battle. I lost my father to cancer when i was 14, and I would never want to see someone have to go through what he went through.

Good luck.

I want to take a second and say that I just read the thread about RSR having cancer, and that although i've had my differences with you RSR, I wish you nothing but the best in this battle. I lost my father to cancer when i was 14, and I would never want to see someone have to go through what he went through.

Good luck.

Yeah... well, as I said, I wish his body a speedy recovery. His brain could still use a transplant. ;)

Sorry bout your Dad. Young age to have that kind of loss. My mom is a 24 year survivor, Thank goodness.

Yeah... well, as I said, I wish his body a speedy recovery. His brain could still use a transplant. ;)

Sorry bout your Dad. Young age to have that kind of loss. My mom is a 24 year survivor, Thank goodness.

Jilly, my brain is fine

If had one you would be a Republican

Good luck.

Thank you. A person health is more important then differences of opinon. My dad died in 1984 due to cancer and heart attacks, but I will beat this

New Topics

Forum List

Back