1.1 trillion

We can all bow down to the memory of our great Ronnie Ray-Gun for making us a debtor nation.

248944-galleryV9-nnhb.jpg

Edited to add link-

About.com: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2011/10/us-debt-accumulation-by-president/
Okay, I clicked your link (a moment of weakness). That chart was taken from a piece written in 2011, and equates Obama's three years (to the nearest year) with Reagan's eight years. That's disingenuous.

Try these figures from the government: Historical Debt Outstanding – Annual

In 1980, the national debt was $908 billion. In 1988, it was $2.602 trillion. That's $1.694 trillion for the Reagan Administration.

In 2008, the national debt was $10 trillion. In 2012, it was $16.1 trillion. That's $6.1 trillion for the Obama Administration. And in only half the time.

Last edited:
Military?

WHAT military?

We don't need any military 'cause all the world loves us now that we have The New Messiah on the throne.

Didn't you get the memo?

Do we need a military that's bigger than the next 13 COMBINED?

Because our soldiers can only serve till they get their arms and legs blown off.

For being the greatest country on earth...what the fuck are we doing borrowing money in the first place???

We're broke. China is the new America. Did you know they landed on the moon last month?

Were not broke, corporate America is sitting on $100+ Trillion in cash

I guess the optimum statement should have been that the US government is broke. :eusa_whistle:

I really doubt that the private sector is just "sitting" on 100+ trillion. just sayin.....:eusa_eh:

We can all bow down to the memory of our great Ronnie Ray-Gun for making us a debtor nation.

Edited to add link-

About.com: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2011/10/us-debt-accumulation-by-president/
Okay, I clicked your link (a moment of weakness). That chart was taken from a piece written in 2011, and equates Obama's three years (to the nearest year) with Reagan's eight years. That's disingenuous.

In 1980, the national debt was $908 billion. In 1988, it was $2.602 trillion. That's $1.694 trillion for the Reagan Administration.

In 2008, the national debt was $10 trillion. In 2012, it was $16.1 trillion. That's $6.1 trillion for the Obama Administration. And in only half the time.

How much of the 6.1 trillion resulted from BushCo?

We're broke. China is the new America. Did you know they landed on the moon last month?

Were not broke, corporate America is sitting on $100+ Trillion in cash

I guess the optimum statement should have been that the US government is broke. :eusa_whistle:

I really doubt that the private sector is just "sitting" on 100+ trillion. just sayin.....:eusa_eh:

The US Government isn't broke.

You really doubt? Combine the net profits of the Forbes 5000 over the last 20 years.

Education? We aren't even teaching our children how to write anymore. What were we, 36th among the nations as far as education? We aren't building better anything. Top priority for a new elementary school being built here wasn't curriculum, it was it's PHARMACY. Morning after pills for elementary children in case they start using the sex training they were taught in kindergarten. And the non gender specific restrooms are a nice touch...... That's our agenda now. Not education, not training.

NASA has been turned into a teaching facility for foreigners who want to bypass our space program.
Our steel mills have turned to rust. The car manufacturers that used that steel are owned by Italy now. We still make paper clips though. Thank you Clinton for NAFTA.
You see Nuddley, this isn't a liberal or conservative issue. This is an American politician problem. It is a global initiative at our expense problem. We are redistributing wealth we don't have, to bankroll countries that want to kill us. Do you think that 27 Billion for the assembly line production of bombs will make Iran like us more?

It's our children's and this country's legacy that we are giving away, and we seem so unconcerned. What would happen if we told Iran, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Egypt, Pakistan, Turkey and all the others with their hands out, to handle their own problems? Why are we willing to go under just so we can support every nation with a gripe against their neighbor? Are we nuts?

I'd like to see a candidate with John Wayne's patriotism and the guts of those that raised that flag at Iwo Jima and the common sense of a mathematician. Or at least a ground swell of Americans that are willing to scream, "Enough!"

Don't we hold 17 of the top 20 Universities in the world? My Alma mater is number 8.

While NASA's budget has been gutted for the 'privatization crowd', I'll bet you use products everyday either invented by NASA or invented for them.

Ah patriotism, the 'feel good' answer. Howard Schultz is my candidate.

The problem; The United States of America is the largest municipal corporation in the world, yet we have a business plan written 200+ years ago.

Onepercenter,

We're a nation with a economy that most people don't understand. What people don't understand is we're a hybrid public/private system. Both sectors work to our advantage! Nasa needs more money for science ;) The private sector is good at getting stuff to the space station...

Edited to add link-

I'm tired of hearing "Bush's fault, Reagan's fault, Wilson's fault" It became Obama's problem when he was sworn in. He wanted the job, he had the answers, all we had to do was elect him and he'd fix the issues plaguing us. He hasn't.

I'm tired of hearing "Bush's fault, Reagan's fault, Wilson's fault" It became Obama's problem when he was sworn in. He wanted the job, he had the answers, all we had to do was elect him and he'd fix the issues plaguing us. He hasn't.

I think you're tired of hearing about your failed voting record.

If you want to fix the issues plaguing the middle-class, vote out Republicans and the bastard off-shoots, ie; Kochbaggers.

Edited to add link-

2 things, first your pie chart is missing 3 trillion of debt, added under Obama. So that means Obama's real addition to the debt of debt 5.18, slightly more than Bush and thus his % added to the debt would be greater than Bush.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Secondly FDR did a great job of making us a debtor nation, far more than any President and before ww2. Not that it matters seeing Reagan fought the cold war and you won't accept that but prolly simultaneously would argue FDR not be held accountable for his spending.

Attachments

• $FDR-debt.png
    $FDR-debt.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

If you want to fix the issues plaguing the middle-class, vote out Republicans and the bastard off-shoots, ie; Kochbaggers.

They were voted out.... Dems had control of the House and Senate for 2 years under Bush. Dems had power in the House Senate and President during Obama's first term and for the vast majority Dems held power in the Senate and President.

How fucking pathetic of a party do you have to be to not get stuff done with the vast majority of power? Even at one point 100% power. No doubt you will argue. maybe, just maybe, the Democrat party is no better than the Republican party.

Education? We aren't even teaching our children how to write anymore. What were we, 36th among the nations as far as education? We aren't building better anything. Top priority for a new elementary school being built here wasn't curriculum, it was it's PHARMACY. Morning after pills for elementary children in case they start using the sex training they were taught in kindergarten. And the non gender specific restrooms are a nice touch...... That's our agenda now. Not education, not training.

NASA has been turned into a teaching facility for foreigners who want to bypass our space program.
Our steel mills have turned to rust. The car manufacturers that used that steel are owned by Italy now. We still make paper clips though. Thank you Clinton for NAFTA.
You see Nuddley, this isn't a liberal or conservative issue. This is an American politician problem. It is a global initiative at our expense problem. We are redistributing wealth we don't have, to bankroll countries that want to kill us. Do you think that 27 Billion for the assembly line production of bombs will make Iran like us more?

It's our children's and this country's legacy that we are giving away, and we seem so unconcerned. What would happen if we told Iran, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Egypt, Pakistan, Turkey and all the others with their hands out, to handle their own problems? Why are we willing to go under just so we can support every nation with a gripe against their neighbor? Are we nuts?

I'd like to see a candidate with John Wayne's patriotism and the guts of those that raised that flag at Iwo Jima and the common sense of a mathematician. Or at least a ground swell of Americans that are willing to scream, "Enough!"

Don't we hold 17 of the top 20 Universities in the world? My Alma mater is number 8.

While NASA's budget has been gutted for the 'privatization crowd', I'll bet you use products everyday either invented by NASA or invented for them.

The problem; The United States of America is the largest municipal corporation in the world, yet we have a business plan written 200+ years ago.

98% of everything you use was created by the privet sector... By all means, gut the privet sector so you can get "trickle down" from the Government after they pay hundreds of billions to they "friends" first.

98% of everything you use was created by the privet sector... By all means, gut the privet sector so you can get "trickle down" from the Government after they pay hundreds of billions to they "friends" first.

Which was directly or indirectly financed by the US tax payer.

They were voted out.... Dems had control of the House and Senate for 2 years under Bush. Dems had power in the House Senate and President during Obama's first term and for the vast majority Dems held power in the Senate and President.

How fucking pathetic of a party do you have to be to not get stuff done with the vast majority of power? Even at one point 100% power. No doubt you will argue. maybe, just maybe, the Democrat party is no better than the Republican party.

Why don't you edumacate yourself with facts.

Meltdown 2008 Timeline

Forum List

Back