Family Gets Kicked Off US Airways Plane for Crying Kids

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
Simple inexpensive fix, do what churches do and place a plexiglass barrier for people with kids to occupy apart from other passengers. Simpler fix, bribe the kids giving em a free movie or other entertainment or treat if they quiet down.

A child can't be expected to settle down like an adult if their ears are popping or they're afraid of flying (kinda a strange term I've always thought, I'm not afraid of flying, I'm afraid of crashing hehe.)

Hooray!

I am about to book a long-distance flight and had decided against using U.S. Airways (soon to be American Airlines) due to their schedule. It would have added about two hours to my trip.

But since it now appears those two hours might not be filled with the obnoxious noise of screamers that time might be more pleasant than on a shorter flight where they are allowed. Heck, it might even be worth paying a little more if that's necesary.

Good on U.S. Airways!

To me, if they do not want kids on their flights, they need to make that abundantly clear before people purchase tickets for any of them flights.

God bless you and the lady and her kids always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Simple inexpensive fix, do what churches do and place a plexiglass barrier for people with kids to occupy apart from other passengers. Simpler fix, bribe the kids giving em a free movie or other entertainment or treat if they quiet down.

A child can't be expected to settle down like an adult if their ears are popping or they're afraid of flying (kinda a strange term I've always thought, I'm not afraid of flying, I'm afraid of crashing hehe.)

An airplane is nothing more than a glorified bus. I don't see that happening in this life or the next.

Bill Cosby: Little Jeffrey. I remember his name, not because he said, "I'm four years old," but because Jeffrey's mother said his name all 2500 miles of the trip.

Airplanes should have headphones available for passengers(for a charge) and pacifiers available for babies along with bottles and milk.

lol. Brava, TD!!! LOVE bill cosby. :lol:

A lot of people don't remember that Cosby did standup. I just remember Jeffery because I had a son like him called Ryan. Completely ADD and everyone hated me every where I took him. :lol:

I made it thru. Well I blamed most of it on my ex husband hahahahaha. BTW though he's a fabulous young man now but it WASN'T EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Airplanes should have headphones available for passengers(for a charge) and pacifiers available for babies along with bottles and milk.

Moms of days gone by used the 'sugar tit.' That was a little piece of cloth sewn into a triangular pocket with sugar inside. When I was going somewhere that I knew crying would be a problem I put a few packets of sugar in my purse to put on the pacifier. Works like a charm.

Moms of days gone by used the 'sugar tit.' That was a little piece of cloth sewn into a triangular pocket with sugar inside. When I was going somewhere that I knew crying would be a problem I put a few packets of sugar in my purse to put on the pacifier. Works like a charm.

Maybe the mother should have better control of her children.

This week, US Airways removed a woman and her children from a flight for crying. You can read the story here on Consumerist.

Aside from the fact that the company should have been prepared for the young children before the flight, rather than put the caregiver in the unfortunate situation of changing seats, with little to no help.
Family Gets Kicked Off US Airways Plane for Crying Kids ? Seriously?!

Good.

Getting stuck in a metal tube with a bunch of crying kids is the 10th circle of hell.

New Topics

Forum List

Back