Your own belief.

I'm confident with my spiritual belief;

• I've never encountered a question without a satisfying answer.

• I'm constantly questioning my own belief.

• I've explored 4-5 spiritual ideas and then got to my final conclusion.

• I'm not observing reality based on my spiritual belief to determine hard facts.

• I'm not biased by the outcome but I'm seeking the truth for the truth alone.

• Others view me as open-minded and spontaneous.

• I'm living up to my belief to the fullest, no exceptions.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm not very good at explaining myself, but from my point of view many people will fiercely 'protect' or argue for their own spiritual belief without actually knowing what else is out there, very few people were actually exploring far and wide enough to claim they got to a good conclusion out of understanding ALL the variables and yet still there is as @fschimdt said earlier, the element of faith which is not a static variable because nobody can provide a decisively true answer to this equation.

I was born Jewish, as for now I am Jewish without knowing whether its actually the true religion or not, I can't determine that by 100% but I can definitely get a better point of view only by removing as many options out of the list, still it wouldn't be an accurate answer but it would be closer than following a belief by default, therefore I'm questioning my own belief on daily basis, since only something that is true would remain true constantly in all times.

Jethro for instance was a spiritual man, he was exploring many religions and finally got to a conclusion to follow Judaism, this is a revolutionary thinking considering that hardly 90% of the people we know born and die to the same spiritual belief, whatever it is, and some are actually living a very spiritual life.

In my experience, you need not exhaust all the choices to find the one that works for you. I grew up Christian but it never stuck. Then in my late teens, Zen Buddhism attracted my attention. It was like finding a long lost BBF. I eventually moved away from Zen but stayed with Buddhism and through many direct and profound experiences, I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that I'm on the right path. I wouldn't reconsider my decision if Jesus himself descended from the Heavens and said hello.

In all of Judaism streams 'Goyim' ("nations")are to serve another chain that is less closer to God

Nonsense. There are no such thing as noachide laws.

The expressed purpose for Jews being given the law at all was to be a light to the nations, not to keep them in the dark and not to try and usurp a place over them by keeping the way to life hidden.

What creature in all of scripture knows the will of God but tries to pass off some lie that contradicts it in order to usurp a place of authority over the gullible and stand in the place of God?
That's maybe a different way to interpret that, I don't really know about your sources but I'd like to apologize again for my poor way of expressing myself.
Ask me for citations and sources if you want;
The whole idea of Judaism is to host God among us, ultimately to when the Messiah will come and God will rule over us all openly, in order to do that everything in our world has its place and duty for hosting God, even trees.
The Jew is one commanded by God to serve as a closer chain to God and therefore needs to follow a set of commands (613) while the non Jews are to serve a place closer to earth and less spiritual since they were commanded only with the seven commands given at the age of Noah to all humanity but without non Jews the world would seize to exist in order, that is why God destroyed all of Noahs generation except Noah which was the closest to God at his age, it is also said that Noah wouldn't be considered saint compared to any other but at his time he was and that is why God spared him.

The whole concept in Judaism relays on hosting and crowning God in our universe, Jews are also required build the temple for God in Jerusalem which is according to Judaism the centre of the world, like any house there is the floor, walls, and ceiling and thus metaphorically stands for the purpose of humans in hosting God and being vassals for God.

We can endlessly elaborate about it, but just to clarify, Judaism is all about this;

God is the top of the hierarchy, the world needs to serve as stairs to God, some are closer to God, some are closer to earth.

In all of Judaism streams 'Goyim' ("nations")are to serve another chain that is less closer to God

The expressed purpose for Jews being given the law at all was to be a light to the nations, not to keep them in the dark and not to try and usurp a place over them by keeping the way to life hidden.

What creature in all of scripture knows the will of God but tries to pass off some lie that contradicts it in order to usurp a place of authority over the gullible and stand in the place of God?
That's maybe a different way to interpret that, I don't really know about your sources but I'd like to apologize again for my poor way of expressing myself.
The whole idea of Judaism is to host God among us, ultimately to when the Messiah will come and God will rule over us all openly, in order to do that everything in our world has its place and duty for hosting God, even trees.
The Jew is one commanded by God to serve as a closer chain to God and therefore needs to follow a set of commands (613) while the non Jews are to serve a place closer to earth and less spiritual since they were commanded only with the seven commands given at the age of Noah to all humanity but without non Jews the world would seize to exist in order, that is why God destroyed all of Noahs generation except Noah which was the closest to God at his age, it is also said that Noah wouldn't be considered saint compared to any other but at his time he was and that is why God spared him.

The whole concept in Judaism relays on hosting and crowning God in our universe, Jews are also required build the temple for God in Jerusalem which is according to Judaism the centre of the world, like any house there is the floor, walls, and ceiling and thus metaphorically stands for the purpose of humans in hosting God and being vassals for God.

We can endlessly elaborate about it, but just to clarify, Judaism is all about this;

God is the top of the hierarchy, the world needs to serve as stairs to God, some are closer to God, some are closer to earth.

Thanks but no thanks.

You expressed yourself perfectly the first time, Jews are closer to God everyone else is less spiritual. Full of yourself much? Cite anything you would like to, but don't expect me to buy it, its just not the truth..Never was and never will be the truth.

Here we go , all about the temple in Jerusalem. Your belief in the truth of your Hebrew scriptures , does not make it true. Its man made like all religions. The best religion of course is the one you like. I was raise a RC, never strayed, but strayed in my beliefs to the point of being a heretic and I see Christianity now as a way of life. If there is a God or Gods I will find out after I die, besides that , that is all I know, or anyone knows.

Now when you host God in Jerusalem will you still be having the "gay parades, just curious. I just knew it would come to this, Judaism brought us God and are the chosen ones of God.

Here we go , all about the temple in Jerusalem. Your belief in the truth of your Hebrew scriptures , does not make it true. Its man made like all religions. The best religion of course is the one you like. I was raise a RC, never strayed, but strayed in my beliefs to the point of being a heretic and I see Christianity now as a way of life. If there is a God or Gods I will find out after I die, besides that , that is all I know, or anyone knows.

Now when you host God in Jerusalem will you still be having the "gay parades, just curious. I just knew it would come to this, Judaism brought us God and are the chosen ones of God.

Penelope, no one has to die before they find out about God. If you haven't found God yet the problem is most likely with the belief system that you were indoctrinated in before you knew right from wrong, true from false, the nature of the reality in which you live and the difference between what is possible and impossible.

Cleanse your mind from all that is false whatever the cost and God will make himself known to you before you die.

You are already half way there.

Thanks but no thanks.

You expressed yourself perfectly the first time, Jews are closer to God everyone else is less spiritual. Full of yourself much? Cite anything you would like to, but don't expect me to buy it, its just not the truth..Never was and never will be the truth.
That's Judaism, I don't know what else you've been told but you can always look everything up, ask me if you are interested in sources.

I Also tend to think that you have lost the subject along the way, we are simply discussing journeys of spiritual path, not religions, I was only attempted to correct fschmidt regarding the streams of Judaism.

Thanks but no thanks.

That's Judaism, I don't know what else you've been told but you can always look everything up, ask me if you are interested in sources.

No, thats just one branch of Judaism, one of many conflicting beliefs and practices.

I would rather examine your sources for claiming that the law was given to and only for the Jewish people.

The way I see it, the law, the way to eternal life, was given to the Jewish people to be a light to the nations, not to keep it from them.....

"No one lights a candle and then hides it under a bushel".....

Penelope, no one has to die before they find out about God. If you haven't found God yet the problem is most likely with the belief system that you were indoctrinated in before you knew right from wrong, true from false, the nature of the reality in which you live and the difference between what is possible and impossible.

Cleanse your mind from all that is false whatever the cost and God will make himself known to you before you die.

All anyone can truly be is agnostic, don't know. Where is this knowledge of God suppose to come from?

All anyone can truly be is agnostic, don't know. Where is this knowledge of God suppose to come from?

Directly from God to you.

If you wanted to invite a dignitary to your home wouldn't you first clean your house from top to bottom, wash up, and then put on your finest clothes?

You certainly wouldn't leave dust bunnies dirty laundry and garbage all over the place and then answer the door all funky and naked would you?

Last edited:

Thanks but no thanks.

No, thats just one branch of Judaism, one of many conflicting beliefs and practices.

I would rather examine your sources for claiming that the law was given to and only for the Jewish people.

The way I see it, the law, the way to eternal life, was given to the Jewish people to be a light to the nations, not to keep it from them.....

"No one lights a candle and then hides it under a bushel".....
I Never said laws were given to Jews only, but down to specifics Jews havery additional set of laws over non Jews.

If you wanted to invite a dignitary to your home wouldn't you first clean your house from top to bottom, wash up, and then put on your finest clothes?

You certainly wouldn't leave dust bunnies dirty laundry and garbage all over the place and then answer the door all funky and naked would you?

You mean my conscience? I have never heard the voice of God externally or have I ever heard voices in my head except for my own.

You mean my conscience? I have never heard the voice of God externally or have I ever heard voices in my head except for my own.

That's to bad because his voice is very deep and soothing and very loving.
He actually sounds like our father, the creator of all.
I tell you what though,I don't think I would like to hear the angry dad very deep voice. It would have me quaking in my shoes. :biggrin:

I tell you what though,I don't think I would like to hear the angry dad very deep voice. It would have me quaking in my shoes. :biggrin:

So you hear voices in your head, and you think those voices belong to a loving God.:). Well I'd rather not hear voices , but that's me.

I am curious though, what does the loving God say to you? what do you hear him say? Just a few things would be good. Is it a him?

One time it was outside of my head,very startling.
You maybe should expand your horizons,it's very liberating.

So you hear voices in your head, and you think those voices belong to a loving God.:). Well I'd rather not hear voices , but that's me.

One time it was outside of my head and it was very startering..
Maybe you should expand your horizons,it's very liberating :)

None of the choices applies to me. I'm not even sure what the point of the choices is..what is the question?

One time it was outside of my head,very startling.
You maybe should expand your horizons,it's very liberating.

One time it was outside of my head and it was very startering..
Maybe you should expand your horizons,it's very liberating :)

Oh I see, yes my horizons are just fine thank you, but what did he say?

Hi everybody,

I'd like to start this thread so that each and every one of the participants will have their own insight regarding their beliefs.

I'm kindly asking not to derail the discussions down to specifics but to deal with the greater idea - a question that probably occurred to each and every one of us;

Am I following the true belief (any religion or none) ?
Is that out of default?
Am I basing my opinion because of a certain event or lack of any?
Did I truly explored and questioned the very essence of my belief?

It is very common for one to be born to a certain belief and die following the same belief, however, in the bible we learn about Abraham that questioned everything in his time and was the very first person on earth to get in a covenant with God, the same concept is shared with Jethro, Jesus, Buddha, Stephan Hawking and many other remarkable individuals that explored beyond others in their times for the truth or what could be as close to the truth as they could get.

If you filling the poll please mark all the true sentences, see if you get 7.

Food for thought;

Thanks!
Interesting poll.

The answer most applicable to me is regarding having explored several available alternatives and settled on one of my own choosing which is other than either of my parents'.

I have settled on Deism -- that a God created us and then has left us on our own. The rest is environment.

Throughout history there have seemed to be a few miracles which influenced the entire planet, but these are fairly rare.

Constantine making Christianity the Roman Religion seems to have been one of them. Of course if you are Muslim then this probably seems more like an act of Satan.

George Washington defeating Lord Cornwallis, and Wellington defeating Napoleon, seem to be miracles as well.

The battle of Midway also seems like a miracle.

While the Deist God does seem to get involved in macro politics occasionally, He/She/They do not seem however to micro manage our lives like organized religion claims.

I used to follow organized religion, but now I think while they are useful for the education of youth, they are useless for most adults.

So now your a zealot jew?
Jews are an ethnicity, and Judaism is based on the Talmud. I only follow the Old Testament.
There are a dozen faith systems that you could have chosen, and so picking this particular one -- the O/T -- is as good as any.

It is rather rigorous if you try to follow it literally and orthodoxically. Lots of silly rules like no pork etc.

I have studied spiritualism and theosophy for fifty years. I have had much direct evidence of survival of the spirit after earthly death. Even so I still have doubts, and could give up all my beliefs if they were proved wrong.

The spirit guides I have listened to through trance mediums, all say we reincarnate countless times in a cycle of rebirth and karma that only ends when we are enlightened, or reach a state of grace, and settle all our karmic debts.
We live in higher planes of existence between incarnations but eventually realize we need to incarnate to progress. But finally we achieve an enlightened state of being and after that we do not reincarnate but continue to evolve in higher realms as immortals.
Philosophy gives better examples of immortality than religion does.

From religion we have only one single example -- Jesus. None of the other organized world religions gives any evidence of immortality.

But philosophy does, particularly Aquinas' proofs of God.

Forum List

Back