Your own belief.

I'm confident with my spiritual belief;

• I've never encountered a question without a satisfying answer.

• I'm constantly questioning my own belief.

• I've explored 4-5 spiritual ideas and then got to my final conclusion.

• I'm not observing reality based on my spiritual belief to determine hard facts.

• I'm not biased by the outcome but I'm seeking the truth for the truth alone.

• Others view me as open-minded and spontaneous.

• I'm living up to my belief to the fullest, no exceptions.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Daniyel

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2014
LA
Hi everybody,

I'd like to start this thread so that each and every one of the participants will have their own insight regarding their beliefs.

I'm kindly asking not to derail the discussions down to specifics but to deal with the greater idea - a question that probably occurred to each and every one of us;

Am I following the true belief (any religion or none) ?
Is that out of default?
Am I basing my opinion because of a certain event or lack of any?
Did I truly explored and questioned the very essence of my belief?

It is very common for one to be born to a certain belief and die following the same belief, however, in the bible we learn about Abraham that questioned everything in his time and was the very first person on earth to get in a covenant with God, the same concept is shared with Jethro, Jesus, Buddha, Stephan Hawking and many other remarkable individuals that explored beyond others in their times for the truth or what could be as close to the truth as they could get.

If you filling the poll please mark all the true sentences, see if you get 7.

Food for thought;

Thanks!

I was a Christian after over 20 years. I came to it after some soul searching. I no longer believe anything man made, I've learned too much about people to hand over my mind anymore. I do believe in a God and a reality we can't see but don't make up answers to satisfy myself.

I have studied all religions through human existence..I found a repetitive slogan and belief system that seems to make up solutions to that which is unknown....

One must open their minds to explore that which is not understood, and answers will be given.....But remember that you must have the innocence to believe for them to answer...

I was a Christian after over 20 years. I came to it after some soul searching. I no longer believe anything man made, I've learned too much about people to hand over my mind anymore. I do believe in a God and a reality we can't see but don't make up answers to satisfy myself.
Im the same way except I don't use "god" I prefer supreme being. We could all be evolved from microorganisms. And then there could be a supreme being.
I don't pretend to know. I just know I don't believe in man made religions.
If something was smart enough to create us, they wouldn't be so narcissistic and conforming.
Just my belief.
Sadly, we probably wont ever know the answer. Maybe our great great grandkids will.

Seeking a truth that is located beyond the law of nature cannot be honestly done. This is why we use the term "believe".
Yes it can. Any logical system requires axioms. The honest approach is to choose those axioms that result in a system that is most closely compatible with the way one's mind interprets the world. And this honest approach requires labeling the source of these axioms as "faith". Those who claim not to have faith are the dishonest liars because no belief system can be constructed without axioms of faith.

Seeking a truth that is located beyond the law of nature cannot be honestly done. This is why we use the term "believe".
Yes it can. Any logical system requires axioms. The honest approach is to choose those axioms that result in a system that is most closely compatible with the way one's mind interprets the world. And this honest approach requires labeling the source of these axioms as "faith". Those who claim not to have faith are the dishonest liars because no belief system can be constructed without axioms of faith.
You're full of shit and that isn't just my belief. What you just said is non-sense. I believe in a God because that's what makes the most sense to me. I can't see the universe popping into existence with all the intricacies being happy accidents. Beyond that I ascribe no particular characteristics to said entity.

No one needs your approval or understanding to uphold those views. And what is a dishonest liar anyway? Is there another kind?

I don´t think so. We have not the slightest clue what the thereafter is made of and how it came into being. We can speculate but every attempt to locate and investigate the thereafter has not even a point to begin with as it would require a two way connection between the material sphere and the thereafter as an absolute minimum. And as the thereafter is a non-material world, the "admin" in charge can present the one who managed to establish this connection what ever he wants.

I don´t think so. We have not the slightest clue what the thereafter is made of and how it came into being. We can speculate but every attempt to locate and investigate the thereafter has not even a point to begin with as it would require a two way connection between the material sphere and the thereafter as an absolute minimum. And as the thereafter is a non-material world, the "admin" in charge can present the one who managed to establish this connection what ever he wants.
Some people take more on faith than others, but all take something on faith. Both me and the Old Testament share your view on the thereafter.
Ecclesiastes 3:19-22 said:
For the fate of people and the fate of animals is the same. As one dies, so dies the other; they all have the same breath. People have no advantage over animals since everything is futile. All are going to the same place; all come from dust, and all return to dust. Who knows if the spirit of people rises upward and the spirit of animals goes downward to the earth? I have seen that there is nothing better than for a person to enjoy his activities because that is his reward. For who can enable him to see what will happen after he dies?

I am a relativist, so I am following my true belief.

Is that out of default?
No, I was raised as a liberal atheist and now I am a reactionary follower of the Old Testament.

Of course, opinions should be based on experience.

Yes. I saw that modern culture was decaying and its members were turning into stupid evil scum, so I started looking for an alternative. I explored many options before settling on the Old Testament.

Is that out of default?
No, I was raised as a liberal atheist and now I am a reactionary follower of the Old Testament.

Yes. I saw that modern culture was decaying and its members were turning into stupid evil scum, so I started looking for an alternative. I explored many options before settling on the Old Testament.
How many homosexuals have you killed so far?

I believe that our Universe might be a computer program. I can elaborate when I have time...but Im not as articulate as some of the theoretical physicists who ponder same.

How many homosexuals have you killed so far?
I have nothing against homosexuals, but I would like to wipe out America (meaning those who are culturally American) which is the moral equivalent of Sodom and Gomorrah.

I see things differently.

The moral equivalent of sodom and gomorrah, not to mention that which is called spiritually Babylon, would be religion itself which has become the habitation of every sort of foul and loathsome beast and bird.

In contrary I keep questioning the atheistic faith and I found a lot about the flaws in the atheistic way of reasoning.

Have you guys ever questioned your atheistic belief. For example, have you ever examined into the details of the following line of reasoning,

We shouldn't believe those claims unsupported by our science and empirical evidence.

Last edited:
I have studied spiritualism and theosophy for fifty years. I have had much direct evidence of survival of the spirit after earthly death. Even so I still have doubts, and could give up all my beliefs if they were proved wrong.

The spirit guides I have listened to through trance mediums, all say we reincarnate countless times in a cycle of rebirth and karma that only ends when we are enlightened, or reach a state of grace, and settle all our karmic debts.
We live in higher planes of existence between incarnations but eventually realize we need to incarnate to progress. But finally we achieve an enlightened state of being and after that we do not reincarnate but continue to evolve in higher realms as immortals.

Is that out of default?

So now your a zealot jew?

Forum List

Back