Your name

Dhara

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2015
or handle. Why did you choose it? What does it mean to you?

If you want an answer, you will have to wait.

If you expect me to be serious, you will have to wait.

If you want personal information, you will have to wait

Lots of questions! LOL

It's my name. (short version). And I use it because I am no good at being anyone but me.

Dhara means "earth" and "continuous flow". I chose it because it sounds much like how my legal name was pronounced when I was a child.

Lots of questions! LOL

It's my name. (short version). And I use it because I am no good at being anyone but me.
In my past forum posting life I didn't use the name I'm known by in my daily life. Choosing to post with my actual name reminds me to be myself.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
I grew up on Walt Kelly comics, among other major influences, and I loved his use of language, wit and real-world realism.

>> An amiable, humble, philosophical, personable, everyman opossum. Kelly described Pogo as "the reasonable, patient, softhearted, naive, friendly person we all think we are" in a 1969 TV Guide interview.[4] The wisest (and probably sanest) resident of the swamp, he is one of the few major characters with sense enough to avoid trouble. Though he prefers to spend his time fishing or picnicking, his kind nature often gets him reluctantly entangled in his neighbors' escapades. << (Wiki)​

I started a company to make plush dolls for children after 9/11 to give the kids some comfort. I gave most of the dolls away. It was called "The Huggable Doll Company". My friends here in Seattle started calling me "Huggy".

The pic in my avie is the volleyball that Tom Hanks called "Wilson" in the movie "Castaway". It gave him comfort as he believed "Wilson" was his only friend on the deserted Island near where the plane he was on crashed. Wilson was stamped into the cover of the ball. This is my offering of allegiance to Russell Wilson the QB of my Seattle Seahawks.

or handle. Why did you choose it? What does it mean to you?
Sealy was my dog. I called her sealybooboo. Boo boo as in yogi and boo boo. But booboo was so long so i shortened it but now people think it's pronounced bowbow. It's booboo as in peekaboo.

Is that your real pic? Pretty lady

I like marathon running because a marathon presents as much a mental challenge as it does physical. It's different than any sport I've ever played.
Running isn't a sport it's what you do to get in shape so you can play a sport.

When I was in wrestling I ran to get in shape to play the sport of wrestling. I never considered running the sport. Lol.

Then again wrestling is no longer in the Olympics but marathons are so maybe I'm wrong.

I like marathon running because a marathon presents as much a mental challenge as it does physical. It's different than any sport I've ever played.
Running isn't a sport it's what you do to get in shape so you can play a sport.

When I was in wrestling I ran to get in shape to play the sport of wrestling. I never considered running the sport. Lol.

Then again wrestling is no longer in the Olympics but marathons are so maybe I'm wrong.
That's what I thought until I ran my first marathon. It's a sport for real.

JO is the initials for my most favorite singer James Otto and "Sweet Heart" is from what James once called me in a message that I got from him several years ago (Wow, time has flown!).

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back