Do visitors have to take their shoes off in your home?

Do visitors have to take their shoes off?

• Total voters

Zebra

Gold Member
May 29, 2023
this is different according to person and region.

How do you handle it?

How do you handle it?
Why do you make these weird, pointless threads? Do you have ANYTHING interesting to say?

Hey everybody, which do you prefer, carrots or tomatoes? Whats better, white shoes or black shoes? Do you guys like candy? Is swimming fun? Do you make more right turns or left turns when you drive? Blah blah blah blah blah. :cuckoo:

That's what Welcome mats are for!
Yup.
images (23).jpeg

/---/ For family and friends who know, yes, they do without asking. For strangers or contractors, no. We just clean up after they leave.
We do remodel work and always lay down protection for the floors and fully clean our mess every day.
When finishing the new construction builds, once the flooring is in, we lay protection over that and supply shoe covers for those doing work.
I have done finish work in my socks or bring a dedicated pair of indoor slippers.

How do you handle it?

Yes. We have boot trays both outside on the porch and inside the house. It's a thing we picked up in Asia. Back then Chinese and other Asians spit all over the place, disgusting filthy habit, and they still to this day take their shoes off at home and wear sandals in the house, at least most of them do. I think some countries started arresting and fining people who spit in public back in the 1970's, and changed that practice. It's still a big problem even with fines and the like.

Some places it's so bad you wish you brought a frigging haz mat suit. You threw your shoes away at the airport when you left for home.

How is it generally in the US … in your opinion?
or in other countries that you know?

Forum List

Back