Do visitors have to take their shoes off in your home?

Do visitors have to take their shoes off?

• Total voters
Done it for so long now it’s habit. Easy when you drive in the garage and have a chair and a rack. I encourage it. Stores, bathrooms, worksites are cesspools. You want that inside?

Families with kids have it tough to enforce In the US. Tie shoes on a 6 yr old, ugh! In Asia 100% setup for it.

Last edited:
it is an interesting social topic.
i wonder whether any research about it has been done.

like street shoes versus house shoes.

A lot of James' relatives have- we tell em not to bother around here. I've had more junk brought in from all the big ass dogs with their big ass paws than humans.

We're hillbillies... you ain't gonna wreck our shit. It was likely wrecked when we bought it. lol

A lot of James' relatives have- we tell em not to bother around here. I've had more junk brought in from all the big ass dogs with their big ass paws than humans.

We're hillbillies... you ain't gonna wreck our shit. It was likely wrecked when we bought it. lol

If we didn't have carpet we probably wouldn't do it as much, depends on where we've been.

We do remodel work and always lay down protection for the floors and fully clean our mess every day.
When finishing the new construction builds, once the flooring is in, we lay protection over that and supply shoe covers for those doing work.
I have done finish work in my socks or bring a dedicated pair of indoor slippers.
/----/ When doing the work, my contractor does lay down a tarp then vacuums up afterwards. I meant when they come in for an estimate.

/----/ When doing the work, my contractor does lay down a tarp then vacuums up afterwards. I meant when they come in for an estimate.

Everyone here slips of the bootee things -- delivery guys, appliance repairmen, Culligan men, cable guy, pretty much all of them. I tell them they totally don't need to worry about it because my floors are indestructible, but they're always right on it.

Everyone here slips of the bootee things -- delivery guys, appliance repairmen, Culligan men, cable guy, pretty much all of them. I tell them they totally don't need to worry about it because my floors are indestructible, but they're always right on it.

the bootie thing is a very good idea----not everyone can remove DA SHOES

There is a welcome mat at my front door for people to wipe their feet, but it is kept inside so that it does not get blown away. In other words, people do not have to take their shoes off while at my house.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. My home is in a higher elevated area in my city and so things can and do get blown around. Because I do not have a garage, I can't count the number of times that my outside trash can has been blown over even when things are inside of it.

That would be fine and easy for slipon shoes. I would need time and a bench at the door to remove laced up boots.

this is different according to person and region.

How do you handle it?
/----/ How Opal Pickles handles it.
1711974926482.png

Forum List

Back