Zone1 What does it mean that Jews are "God's Chosen People"?

Regardless of Jews being chosen as the people group through which the Messiah would come (of course there's more to it than that, but I want to get to the point)....the bottom line is that everyone (above the age of accountability) is the same in the sense that everyone needs salvation. There is no 'get out of jail free' card, so to speak, and simply having a certain ethnic lineage does not cut it.

Here's what the bible says. I bolded the pertinent part... this is very important for everyone to grasp:

He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
John 1:11-13​

What does Hashem mean when he says "Seek and you shall find" from an Orthodox Jewish perspective? What does it mean to find YHWH?
is that a line from Matthew? If so it is not relevant to a Jew. There is a line in Psalms (34:5) which speaks about having sought out God who then saved the speaker (King David, from Saul). Jeremiah 29:13 instructs us to seek God through sincere prayer. Psalms 105:4 speaks of wishing to be able to pray in the presence of the holy ark always (the ark is elsewhere called "strength"). Isaiah 55:6 speaks of the messianic era when God will judge all the nations so the prophet encourages them to seek out God and learn all about him and so they will follow God (often by watching and helping Jews).

is that a line from Matthew? If so it is not relevant to a Jew. There is a line in Psalms (34:5) which speaks about having sought out God who then saved the speaker (King David, from Saul). Jeremiah 29:13 instructs us to seek God through sincere prayer. Psalms 105:4 speaks of wishing to be able to pray in the presence of the holy ark always (the ark is elsewhere called "strength"). Isaiah 55:6 speaks of the messianic era when God will judge all the nations so the prophet encourages them to seek out God and learn all about him and so they will follow God (often by watching and helping Jews).

OK, thank you for the response. What do you mean by watching and helping Orthodox, Torah Jews? In what way should we emulate the Torah-observant Jews as Noahide?

OK, thank you for the response. What do you mean by watching and helping Orthodox, Torah Jews? In what way should we emulate the Torah-observant Jews as Noahide?
One of the commentators actually uses the word "l'shamesh" which would mean "to help him do things". If someone acts as the caretaker of a synagogue, one is doing this and I have spoken to many non-Jewish caretakers and other service professionals who understand Judaism a lot better by working with Jews. The talmud recounts situations where people actually spied on sages to learn how to act in a variety of situations.

By watching Jews, one would hope that people would start to see Jewish faith in God and might begin to recognize God in the world.

One of the commentators actually uses the word "l'shamesh" which would mean "to help him do things". If someone acts as the caretaker of a synagogue, one is doing this and I have spoken to many non-Jewish caretakers and other service professionals who understand Judaism a lot better by working with Jews. The talmud recounts situations where people actually spied on sages to learn how to act in a variety of situations.

By watching Jews, one would hope that people would start to see Jewish faith in God and might begin to recognize God in the world.

So a Noahide, being an ally of the Orthodox Jews, will have a place in the World To Come? After we die we sleep in the grave until we're resurrected in the day of judgment. Correct? The dead know nothing, are unable to worship Hashem, and are unconscious, until they wake up to be judged. Is that correct?

So a Noahide, being an ally of the Orthodox Jews, will have a place in the World To Come? After we die we sleep in the grave until we're resurrected in the day of judgment. Correct? The dead know nothing, are unable to worship Hashem, and are unconscious, until they wake up to be judged. Is that correct?
many people have a place in the world to come and that includes non-Jews who follow the noachide laws (and others). After death, the soul is judged and reviewed but the exact process of the "next world" and the timing as it relates to the messianic era and the resurrection of the dead is complicated and argued over by many voices within Judaism. We simply don't know for sure so we focus on being good and whatever happens, happens.

many people have a place in the world to come and that includes non-Jews who follow the noachide laws (and others). After death, the soul is judged and reviewed but the exact process of the "next world" and the timing as it relates to the messianic era and the resurrection of the dead is complicated and argued over by many voices within Judaism. We simply don't know for sure so we focus on being good and whatever happens, happens.
I figure that God created the world and human life in such a way that we can't know exactly what happens after we die. We must be grateful to Hashem for this life, and place our lives in His hands, keeping His commandments, regardless of whatever occurs after death.

Is our loyalty to Hashem based on Him granting us the privilege of living forever? I suppose this is why death is such a mystery. As you said, we should focus on doing good in this life, and the afterlife will take care of itself, assuming there is one. The righteous mentioned in the Hebrew Bible didn't keep the Torah on the condition that YHWH grant them eternal life.

I figure that God created the world and human life in such a way that we can't know exactly what happens after we die. We must be grateful to Hashem for this life, and place our lives in His hands, keeping His commandments, regardless of whatever occurs after death.

Is our loyalty to Hashem based on Him granting us the privilege of living forever? I suppose this is why death is such a mystery. As you said, we should focus on doing good in this life, and the afterlife will take care of itself, assuming there is one. The righteous mentioned in the Hebrew Bible didn't keep the Torah on the condition that YHWH grant them eternal life.
there is a line from the Ethics of the Fathers you might appreciate:

Antigonus a man of Socho received [the oral tradition] from Shimon the Righteous. He used to say: do not be like servants who serve the master in the expectation of receiving a reward, but be like servants who serve the master without the expectation of receiving a reward, and let the fear of Heaven be upon you.

I see, so you as a Jewish rabbi, recognize that non-Jews can have a religion that is within the parameters of the seven laws of Noah.
IT"S NATURAL LAW...even among the Jews....When Moses brought downt the 10 Commandments...no murder,no thieving,no adultery....nol one said 'Wow, what a surprise I thought that stuff was okay"

I figure that God created the world and human life in such a way that we can't know exactly what happens after we die.
Very young souls like you are very naive and by definition inexperienced .
You will be shouting different tunes when you have advanced a bit .
Just buckle down for a life or two , concentrate on true enlightenment and throw away being entrained by fear and lies .

Very young souls like you are very naive and by definition inexperienced .
You will be shouting different tunes when you have advanced a bit .
Just buckle down for a life or two , concentrate on true enlightenment and throw away being entrained by fear and lies .
Why do you assume I'm a young, naive and inexperienced soul?

IT"S NATURAL LAW...even among the Jews....When Moses brought downt the 10 Commandments...no murder,no thieving,no adultery....nol one said 'Wow, what a surprise I thought that stuff was okay"
How does that apply to my question about the seven laws of Noah and whether someone can keep them while being in another religion, apart from Judaism? Some rabbis assert that the Gentiles, can't create another religion apart from Judaism when they hold those seven laws and all of the other laws that are attached to those basic seven laws. Rabbi Rosend thinks that non-Jews can be adherents of a religion other than Judaism and remain within the parameters of the seven laws of Noah. He's more progressive and nuanced in his thinking concerning non-Jewish spirituality and culture. That's why I gave him a thumbs-up on this issue.

Then try to adjust to the fact that the subject of Kosher law is what goes into and out of your mind, not whats for dinner, the forbidden animals described are universal metaphors for human archetypes, their flesh, teaching, defiles and contaminates the mind. You don't notice this?

Here is the wisdom of God.
What's the command against men lying with men really saying?

What's the command against men lying with men really saying?

Its really saying that it is wrong and under the condemnation of God for one man to submit to the authority of another man as if he was subservient like a woman in a "traditional marriage" like the throngs of sycophants who pay homage to and have turned a blind eye to the madness, perversity, deplorable behavior, lies, and treasonous ambitions of Trump as if he was their savior. Trump, the epitome of a talking serpent. What blindness! "Cursed is the man who looks to man"

But let me get something straight about your position. You profess to 'believe' that the creator, God, the supreme being responsible for the existence of everything that is seen and unseen gave Laws governing the diet, fashion, and sexual preferences of human beings that, relative to him, are less than what an amoeba is to humans? Seriously? You believe that God who is incorporeal is concerned with worldly matters as if he had the emotional growth of a teenager in puberty?

Damn. No wonder you're so screwed up!

And how do you resolve your professed belief in the literal interpretation of Divine law at all if Jesus indeed rendered the Law obsolete as your church teaches in error? If love is the only commandment who the fuck are you, an idolator who defies the Law of God every Sunday and every time that you lie in the name of God, to judge or condemn the behavior of anyone else?

Whats your problem with what other adults do for their sexual pleasure? Are you ashamed?

Do you think you will earn points with your edible triune mangod that never even existed by being a perverted hypocritical judgmental homophobic and puerile sanctimonious prick?? Good luck!

Last edited:
By watching Jews, one would hope that people would start to see Jewish faith

you might consider in fact that is what is occurring on university campuses throughout the u s and world over. seeing the forgeries and fallacies of not just judaism but the revulsion to be felt for all three desert religions -

and to be free from servitude and denial, rather as taught by jesus, liberation theology, self determination the true path to paradise - because that path defiantly is not what judaism has ever accomplished - for anyone.

you might consider in fact that is what is occurring on university campuses throughout the u s and world over.
Its nothing new.

Atrocities are committed against Israel and then the perpetrators condemn Israel for responding.

And then stage antisemitic protests. It is astonishing how many gullible people still fall for that BS

How many times could you accept innocent civilians who are minding their own business being blown up on buses, at weddings, at nightclubs, at pizzerias, or being randomly raped, tortured, butchered, and taken hostage by rabid animals before you decided enough was enough already?

How would you 'negotiate' peace with people who have openly sworn oaths to your destruction?

Submission? I don't think so.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back