Who lives in Florida?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Been looking at properties there...central Florida anyway or closer to the gulf side. I don't want near the atlantic. Central would be better I think. Some protection from hurricanes from either direction. Lots of greenery. And old people go there to retire. So...on the prowl in that state and thought i would see who is familiar with it, knows the best small towns that are near big cities (medical needs) and areas to avoid like the plague.

Anyone?

Maybe Ravi will fill me in. I have a friend that lives in Clearwater..but she is kinda..well..goofy. I don't trust her judgement. And I have not seen her in over 10 years. We chat now and then on the phone but thats it.

Been looking at properties there...central Florida anyway or closer to the gulf side. I don't want near the atlantic. Central would be better I think. Some protection from hurricanes from either direction. Lots of greenery. And old people go there to retire. So...on the prowl in that state and thought i would see who is familiar with it, knows the best small towns that are near big cities (medical needs) and areas to avoid like the plague.

Anyone?
My mom lives in Sebring. It's kind of lame and getting popular all at the same time. Affordable, friendly, snowbirds love it.

No clue where that even is, lol. I will have to google it.

Meanwhile...I found quite a few mobile homes on zillow...one is 13k, another is 16k, with space rent 425 per month. In october, I should have some credit established (I have none) and we will see if we can get a loan. MrG wants warmth and I want tropical scenery....so we refuse to go to Arizona. I HATE desert. Only places left that fits those needs price wise is either oregon...or florida.

Lake Placid is okay too. Avoid Avon Park, Clewiston, South Bay, and Moore Haven unless you are a dedicated redneck. These are all affordable central Florida places. Coastal affordable places would be Titusville. I believe the poster that signed her posts "regards from Rosie" lives in Sebring. Anyway, my mom loves it there.

There are also reasonable 55 plus communities in Bonita Springs if you want Tropical. Central Florida is not tropical.

Anyone?
I'm familiar with it.

I hear there are palm trees there.

Anyone?
There’s no ‘protection’ from hurricanes, regardless where you live in Florida.

You can find places not prone to flooding, however, and storm surge is an issue mostly on the coast.

There are also reasonable 55 plus communities in Bonita Springs if you want Tropical. Central Florida is not tropical.
Tell her where there is no D.

I disallow Ms. Gracie from any strange D.

The humidity is unbearable.

And for the ladies, they gots flyin' cockroaches.:laugh:

I want that 1 bedroom for 13,500.00.

Ok. Who wants to loan me 13,500? :lol:

Meanwhile...I found quite a few mobile homes on zillow...one is 13k, another is 16k, with space rent 425 per month. In october, I should have some credit established (I have none) and we will see if we can get a loan. MrG wants warmth and I want tropical scenery....so we refuse to go to Arizona. I HATE desert. Only places left that fits those needs price wise is either oregon...or florida.
My Mother lives in Lakeland which is in between Tampa and Orlando. It is very popular with elderly and the medical care is top notch right in Lakeland. Prices similar to what you have found. It's a nice community I have other relatives that winter there.

From what I've seen of the two that's a no-brainer -- Oregon in a walk.

Oh yeah PredFan lives in Fla and he's loopy too. That might tell ya something.

I don't like Florida at all. It has no character. Unless you're in the Okefenokee.

From what I've seen of the two that's a no-brainer -- Oregon in a walk.

Oh yeah PredFan lives in Fla and he's loopy too. That might tell ya something.

I don't like Florida at all. It has no character. Unless you're in the Okefenokee.
Oh its got character.

Its just.....

Mickey...

Goofy......

Cindarella

The humidity is unbearable.

And for the ladies, they gots flyin' cockroaches.:laugh:

Yeah that's true, humidity out the wazoo, and say goodbye to seasons. And you're right in a hurricane path, doesn't matter whether you're on a coast or not. It's not that wide and it doesn't take long to traverse the width.

And with all due respect Gracie, "because other people go there to retire" sounds like about the worst reason to relocate somewhere....

Forum List

Back