Your Helthcare is comming like it or not!!

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican senators say chances of reaching a bipartisan deal to overhaul health care dimmed after President Barack Obama issued a letter strongly supporting a new public health insurance plan.

A public plan that would compete with private insurers is opposed by nearly all Republicans. Until Wednesday, the administration had been treading lightly on the issue while emphasizing hopes for a bipartisan bill.

President Barack Obama says he's open to requiring all Americans to buy health insurance, as long as the plan provides a "hardship waiver" to exempt poor people from having to pay.

The Associated Press: GOP senators: Bipartisan health deal tougher now

I would not even know where to begin with this, would someone please tell me where in the constitution the Fed. has the power to require an individual to purchase goods from a private company?

You Misstitled this thread.. please correct immediately.. please correct immediately

should read

Your lack of health care is coming..

Thank You for your attention to this matter!

You may now get in line and wait ten months to see the doctor.. :lol:

I would not even know where to begin with this, would someone please tell me where in the Constitution the Fed. has the power to require an individual to purchase goods from a private company?

Would you feel better about it if it was your state government making the requirement?

personally manifold I don't wish any Govt. agency demanding I purchase any healthcare. That is a choice I should be able to make myself. I don't care if its the State of Arizona or the US Govt. or the Navy. To me this just flys in the face of every principle this nation stands for. So many wish to tout Freedoms on this board. Well here's one, how about the ability to choose your own path in life and and the ability to manage your own healthcare as well.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican senators say chances of reaching a bipartisan deal to overhaul health care dimmed after President Barack Obama issued a letter strongly supporting a new public health insurance plan.

A public plan that would compete with private insurers is opposed by nearly all Republicans. Until Wednesday, the administration had been treading lightly on the issue while emphasizing hopes for a bipartisan bill.

President Barack Obama says he's open to requiring all Americans to buy health insurance, as long as the plan provides a "hardship waiver" to exempt poor people from having to pay.

I would not even know where to begin with this, would someone please tell me where in the constitution the Fed. has the power to require an individual to purchase goods from a private company?

Oh lighten up. You guys are masters of spin. You wouldn't be buying it from a private company. You'd be paying into medicare. Just like you do now.

How about instead of talking about the big bad old government forcing you to buy healthcare, how about lets talk about how for profit healthcare providers are denying Americans healthcare and making it unaffordable?

The constitution says all Americans have the right to LIFE. End of story.

And in the end, we/you will spend less and get better healthcare. The only ones saying anything different are the people profitting from the mess we have now. Duh!

Most of the doctors and nurses now support single payer healthcare to all. They'll make more money. Of course the for profit insurance company ceo's will have to find something else to do. So what? So do the auto workers.

this is my apology for my terrible spelling as of late. When i am completely 100% again, i trust my vision will be a little better and allow me to catch my errors. Till then please accept my humble apologies!!

Yet another arguement for referendums in the US. In Europe (experience, not endorsement) nearly every country has a healthcare deduction. One can choose to elevate but not to decline or reduce the minimum. Care is provided by privately run hospitals. To the best of my memory there was not middle insurance company layer, but if there was it was for processing paperwork. In its simplicity if nothing else, this an elegant way to deal with the complexities of healthcare. And btw anyone who sues and loses in Switzerland is required to pay fees of both sides and court charges.

Has anyone heard of any proposals for healthcare at the national level that involve a vote by the populus? There may be something in the works, but I have not seen it. And would that not be a better approach instead of imperial dictat?

sealy, thats not in the constitution. it's the Declaration of Independence of the United States of America

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness--

So no, you have no right to healthcare in the consitution.

sealy, thats not in the constitution. it's the Declaration of Independence of the United States of America

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness--

So no, you have no right to healthcare in the consitution.

Whatever.

Ok, you want one? How about education? We pay taxes so all kids can go to school.

And the funny thing is, the right wingers actually want our tax dollars to go to kids who go to PRIVATE SCHOOLS!!!

I don't. You want to go to private schools, pay for it yourself rich boy.

That's funny.

The first healthcare decision government will make for you is requiring you to buy insurance. It goes downhill from there.

They will only spend less on healthcare if they kill hundreds of thousands of healthcare jobs, and ration care.

Why would anyone want government to make their healthcare decisions.?

I'll go you one better, the Fed. under the commerce clause does have the right to regulate the insurance companies that provide healthcare insurance. The fact that every other nation may have a single payer system which most of them that do and are a complete and utter failure or are so bloated with red tape they depress innovation is no reason alone to change the very fabric this nation was built upon. I do have a suggestion, perhaps we work on getting the economy on it's feet so that people can find employment and be able to purchase healthcare and at the same time reform the insurance industry and open it to free market compeition. You do realize that as soon as the Fed. goes into the insurance business the other insurers will quickly leave it. Leaving only the Fed. as the sole provider of medical insurance. Many of you here who are beating the drums of this Federally sponsored healthcare have never been through the VA and seen what a disaster a Govt. run health program is actually like. The fact is that some people do NOT want health insurance and rather than spend time worrying about the health of your neighbor perhaps it's time to start worrying about your own.

this is my apology for my terrible spelling as of late. When i am completely 100% again, i trust my vision will be a little better and allow me to catch my errors. Till then please accept my humble apologies!!

What is wrong with your vision Navy?

personally manifold I don't wish any Govt. agency demanding I purchase any healthcare. That is a choice I should be able to make myself. I don't care if its the State of Arizona or the US Govt. or the Navy. To me this just flys in the face of every principle this nation stands for. So many wish to tout Freedoms on this board. Well here's one, how about the ability to choose your own path in life and and the ability to manage your own healthcare as well.

I understand your sentiment, and I don't entirely disagree. But that ship sailed decades, if not centuries ago. In effect, isn't this just another form of taxation? Except that in this case you're left with at least little flexibility on how to spend it. Would you rather they jack up your income tax and pay for it that way instead?

Wouldn't it be a good idea to wait and see how good the government does running their car countries before we trust our health to them???

IF the USA goes down the single payer route, then yes, everyone will probably be required to pay into it one way or the other.

This is still another reason I think this plan will fail in the long run.

That's funny.

The first healthcare decision government will make for you is requiring you to buy insurance. It goes downhill from there.

They will only spend less on healthcare if they kill hundreds of thousands of healthcare jobs, and ration care.

Why would anyone want government to make their healthcare decisions.?

Why would you want a for profit company deciding on your coverage when denying you will increase their profits? Are you afraid of medicare? One day lady.

Now you right wingers are worrying about jobs?

Notice right wingers only defend jobs that don't produce anything. Or they defend jobs that government has to support, like defense companies.

But let the Big 3 die you all said.

Healthcare Insurance Companies are as bad as the oil company execs. Prices went up 191% since 2001. And for what? CEO pay and profits. Meanwhile, you're paying about 4 times what you should.

You'd rather pay the free market $1000 a month than pay single payer $250 a month? Is that what you are saying?

The fact that every other nation may have a single payer system which most of them that do and are a complete and utter failure or are so bloated with red tape they depress innovation is no reason alone to change the very fabric this nation was built upon. .

WRONG! That's a lie. You're describing our system. Other countries say you are lying. Or, you could make the same claims about our system.

While back had sort of a rough little by some person driving drunk and some glass from the car went into my eye amongst other things. So again I apologize if my spelling is bad or my words sort of cut off. I'm trying to get back to 100%

You can buy healthcare anywhere you want now. What's the good of $250 a month if government tells where you can get healthcare, and how much you can get?

The cost of government is going up faster than the cost of healthcare.

Forum List

Back