Ready to volunteer for 81 days? Guess when it ends!

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
The following message is from Gail McGovern, President and CEO, and Pam Farr, National Chair of Volunteers:

We are excited to share with you an initiative soon to be announced by the White House that will help us attract new volunteers to the Red Cross.

Next week, President Obama will issue a call for a nationwide “Summer of Service” to meet community needs and make voluntary service a way of life for everyone. The initiative will officially kick off on June 22 and will run for 81 days, culminating on September 11 as a National Day of Service. The White House has launched a web site, Welcome to Serve.gov, as a one-stop-shop to help people find volunteer opportunities in their area.

The following message is from Gail McGovern, President and CEO, and Pam Farr, National Chair of Volunteers:

We are excited to share with you an initiative soon to be announced by the White House that will help us attract new volunteers to the Red Cross.

Next week, President Obama will issue a call for a nationwide “Summer of Service” to meet community needs and make voluntary service a way of life for everyone. The initiative will officially kick off on June 22 and will run for 81 days, culminating on September 11 as a National Day of Service. The White House has launched a web site, Welcome to Serve.gov, as a one-stop-shop to help people find volunteer opportunities in their area.

We can't have a National Prayer Day but we gotta have a National Day of Service.. :lol::lol::lol::eusa_pray:

We can't have a National Prayer Day but we gotta have a National Day of Service.. :lol::lol::lol::eusa_pray:

On 9/11 of all days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF IS THAT ?

On 9/11 of all days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF IS THAT ?

Oh! Shit that just rolled right over my head! Dayuuuuumm

well it could be to do with the fact that in his speech today in Cairo he basically rolled over showed them his tummy declared them in the ME the alpha dogs and kicked Israel to the curb? Yathink???

why not a day of service on 9/11..did you have a party planned or what?

no bones,, I'm too busy crying.. Never forget.. Never.. I don't care what obama says..

What are you crying about?

What did Obama tell you to forget about?

Why are you guys so hypersensitive and whining about everything?

Do you take offense at the idea of "Summer of Service" and donating blood, and picking up trash at the local park, and volunteering as a mentor for young kids? Is it all that bad that our country is encouraging people to do this?

It's not mandatory! Good and Heavenly Mohammed!

why not a day of service on 9/11..did you have a party planned or what?

no bones,, I'm too busy crying.. Never forget.. Never.. I don't care what obama says..

Do you take offense at the idea of "Summer of Service" and donating blood, and picking up trash at the local park, and volunteering as a mentor for young kids? Is it all that bad that our country is encouraging people to do this?

I'm just a dumb little female, I can't help crying about the murder of three thousand gasoline soaked 120 story jumpers.. can't help it.. obama,, he wants bygones to be bygones and I'm not ready.. but that's just me.

I'm just a dumb little female, I can't help crying about the murder of three thousand gasoline soaked 120 story jumpers.. can't help it.. obama,, he wants bygones to be bygones and I'm not ready.. but that's just me.

Yeah, that's the trick. The 9/11 thing is to lure people like us in, but there will be no remembrances of the day itself, burning towers, crashed airliners.

That would be inflammatory, no pun intended.

Yeah, that's the trick. The 9/11 thing is to lure people like us in, but there will be no remembrances of the day itself, burning towers, crashed airliners.

Well maybe if you can keep people busy "volunteering" you can also keep them from remembering that they don't have a job that pays them anything. Keep the campers happy , ya know !
People who already volunteer will be tickled to death to have all the political part timers drop in. 81 days might even be enough time to train em.

Well maybe if you can keep people busy "volunteering" you can also keep them from remembering that they don't have a job that pays them anything. Keep the campers happy , ya know !
People who already volunteer will be tickled to death to have all the political part timers drop in. 81 days might even be enough time to train em.

This thread is funny ... not in a bad way though ....

What's next, having those one welfare donate to welfare?

Forum List

Back