Your Helthcare is comming like it or not!!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Navy1960, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican senators say chances of reaching a bipartisan deal to overhaul health care dimmed after President Barack Obama issued a letter strongly supporting a new public health insurance plan.

A public plan that would compete with private insurers is opposed by nearly all Republicans. Until Wednesday, the administration had been treading lightly on the issue while emphasizing hopes for a bipartisan bill.

President Barack Obama says he's open to requiring all Americans to buy health insurance, as long as the plan provides a "hardship waiver" to exempt poor people from having to pay.

The Associated Press: GOP senators: Bipartisan health deal tougher now

I would not even know where to begin with this, would someone please tell me where in the constitution the Fed. has the power to require an individual to purchase goods from a private company?

2. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,745
    You Misstitled this thread.. please correct immediately.. please correct immediately

should read

Your lack of health care is coming..

Thank You for your attention to this matter!

You may now get in line and wait ten months to see the doctor.. :lol:

3. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,789
    Would you feel better about it if it was your state government making the requirement?

4. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    personally manifold I don't wish any Govt. agency demanding I purchase any healthcare. That is a choice I should be able to make myself. I don't care if its the State of Arizona or the US Govt. or the Navy. To me this just flys in the face of every principle this nation stands for. So many wish to tout Freedoms on this board. Well here's one, how about the ability to choose your own path in life and and the ability to manage your own healthcare as well.

5. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,214
    Oh lighten up. You guys are masters of spin. You wouldn't be buying it from a private company. You'd be paying into medicare. Just like you do now.

How about instead of talking about the big bad old government forcing you to buy healthcare, how about lets talk about how for profit healthcare providers are denying Americans healthcare and making it unaffordable?

The constitution says all Americans have the right to LIFE. End of story.

And in the end, we/you will spend less and get better healthcare. The only ones saying anything different are the people profitting from the mess we have now. Duh!

Most of the doctors and nurses now support single payer healthcare to all. They'll make more money. Of course the for profit insurance company ceo's will have to find something else to do. So what? So do the auto workers.

6. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    this is my apology for my terrible spelling as of late. When i am completely 100% again, i trust my vision will be a little better and allow me to catch my errors. Till then please accept my humble apologies!!

7. Indiana Oracle

Indiana Oracle The Truth is Hard to Find

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Yet another arguement for referendums in the US. In Europe (experience, not endorsement) nearly every country has a healthcare deduction. One can choose to elevate but not to decline or reduce the minimum. Care is provided by privately run hospitals. To the best of my memory there was not middle insurance company layer, but if there was it was for processing paperwork. In its simplicity if nothing else, this an elegant way to deal with the complexities of healthcare. And btw anyone who sues and loses in Switzerland is required to pay fees of both sides and court charges.

Has anyone heard of any proposals for healthcare at the national level that involve a vote by the populus? There may be something in the works, but I have not seen it. And would that not be a better approach instead of imperial dictat?

8. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    sealy, thats not in the constitution. it's the Declaration of Independence of the United States of America

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness--

So no, you have no right to healthcare in the consitution.

9. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,214
    Whatever.

Ok, you want one? How about education? We pay taxes so all kids can go to school.

And the funny thing is, the right wingers actually want our tax dollars to go to kids who go to PRIVATE SCHOOLS!!!

I don't. You want to go to private schools, pay for it yourself rich boy.

10. Fraulein Hilda

Fraulein Hilda BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56
    That's funny.

The first healthcare decision government will make for you is requiring you to buy insurance. It goes downhill from there.

They will only spend less on healthcare if they kill hundreds of thousands of healthcare jobs, and ration care.

Why would anyone want government to make their healthcare decisions.?